Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Cassie shared them on her Good Morning America appearance today

They were part of a montage of photos from all different times that ran with the GMA story today, but TMZ stated that the two pics of him and the boys on the tree limb was taken on 8/6 at De Soto. I'm still not entirely convinced that TMZ didn't make an assumption there. jmo Both the GMA video and the TMZ link are in this thread -- or at least they were.

If you go thru Gabby's instagram there are better pics showing the bracelet. It's the same style. Same thickenss. Same color. And Brian has never had anything on his wrist as far as I noted....

I went through some pics, and by no means have I looked at them all, but I haven't seen him wearing one before, either. MOO If its not the same bracelet, then its possible that he and her had matching bracelets like the finger tattoos, but he never wore his. But for some hideous reason, after her death, he decides to start.

This confuses me. It seems people think that you can't smile or be happy after something horrible happens. You can smile. You can be happy for periods of time. And still be ripped apart inside. I laughed and joked choosing an urn for my husband. The funeral director must have thought I was insane. I guess I kinda was. Then I went home and fell apart in private.

It's entirely possible that what happened in Moab was nothing more than what it seemed and what the police reported. They argued, they both had anxiety issues. Gabby got physical and he tried to fend her off. Again, I had a similar situation happen so it's very plausible.

In that case, it could have happened again. Only this time he killed her - accidentally or in a moment of rage. He fled - because that's what Brian does. But laughing and smiling doesn't mean that he's a cold blooded killer. It just means he's human - albeit deeply flawed.
I understand what you were saying, smiling laughing at what might seem inappropriate times. Sometimes that’s a stress relief sometimes it’s an absolute lifesaver during the mist of unbelievable grief and agony. That said, I don’t think you can compare the situation to one of taking the life of another person, the weight of the guilt, the fear of what that would mean for your future. I don’t see their altercation as Brian just trying to escape from her. Per the eyewitness accounts, Their viewpoint was him slapping her, Not just trying to push her off or or defend himself

He's a cold blooded killer, allright. A natural born killer, too.. He appears to have had success on his first try at the killing business. He had it worked out.

Humans are , and have been cold bloodedly killing since time began. Brian's laughing and smiling only means he is not unusual, or even special. But it does give us a tiny bit of insight, into how he can present himself to various people in the manner he wants to be seen as. We saw this in the Moab clips. Now, we see it in that photo.
I would love to know if he has a history of harming animals and fire setting. Jmo

Actually yes. That’s his right arm. I wonder if he was in front of her or behind & if Gabby was right or left handed?

I posted this way back in a previous thread:

"...The outside of her right arm looks like finger marks vs thumb marks. He could have been facing her and grabbed her right arm with his left hand or he could have approached her from behind and grabbed her right arm with his right hand. Either way would place finger marks on the outside of her arm.I haven't watched any of the videos with him in it. It might be apparent whether he is left or right handed based on how he picks things up or holds objects."

Then someone posted a photo of him eating out of a bowl holding the eating utensil with his right hand...

Is there anyone here that is interested in or hopes that Brian is found to be innocent of Gabby's death?

Isn't that the best outcome for HER and her decisions, that we are aware of? The most respectful result?

I know it looks grim and is hard to imagine given the information that has carefully been shared with us, for sure.

But if we as a group had the ability to choose, would we prefer her fiance/boyfriend or a stranger, (or group of strangers)? And why?

It is odd that Brian hasn't been charged. I understand the tactic, but why no big blast about being dangerous to others?

Is there any precedent for someone suspected of murder to be categorized as a missing person, wanted only on debit card fraud? (Or something similar?)

It is rare, in this forum, for anyone to mention the possibility of Brian's innocence. And I absolutely understand that even though he is presumed innocent by law, that is not applicable here. The actions just don't mesh with guilt TO ME. Too weird. All of it!!! I am happy to eat my words if I am wrong. So want some answers. MOO MOO!

What could possib
This photo gives me the creeps. :eek:

Especially if you zoom in to his face, it's like he's staring right into the camera. Eeeek!

Those 2 boys in that photo, how were they ever to know they were sitting with a fugitive and a duplicitous, conniving killer.

And he's laughing like it's all a game.
He looks different in that photo--maybe his face is thinner?

He's a cold blooded killer, allright. A natural born killer, too.. He appears to have had success on his first try at the killing business. He had it worked out.

Humans are , and have been cold bloodedly killing since time began. Brian's laughing and smiling only means he is not unusual, or even special. But it does give us a tiny bit of insight, into how he can present himself to various people in the manner he wants to be seen as. We saw this in the Moab clips. Now, we see it in that photo.

For sure. There are plenty of dysfunctional relationships and people. Gabby ran into a sociopath.

How is it possible that Brian Laundrie is able to not be found?

FBI, LE in every City , County and State. Bounty Hunters.

How is it possible that with not much money, no vehicle and his face everywhere he escapes.

Makes me think he’s somewhere dead.

Your thinking is not crazy at all. Jumping on a moving vehicle that someone is trying to leave you with happens. But Brian would have called that in. I just know he would have. Same with jumping out. I bet that sort of thing happened before in frenzied moments of breaking up.

I do not think that happened this time. He snapped and didn't realize the frailty of heads and necks. It was nothing he could call 911 about.
I see it a bit differently, which is not to say, wrong or rightly.......

The Brians of this world do not snap. They actually love their bad temper, it invigorates them, and they are mostly always on the lookout for an opportunity to give it a long leash, and let it out to play. For example, the incident at the TexMex place.. going back 4 or 6 times to scream and screech at the women wait staff.

He would be doing this all the time. In my opinion, he would be doing it a lot on a camping trip, out in the backblocks, no one to interrupt his howling episodes. .. And we can see, again, in the Moab clip, that Gabby was exhausted by it. ..

He'd had a temper tantrum because she wanted to work in her blog, so he began to tear her down, even her apologies were 'not in the right tone', for Brian.. because he wants to give his ego a run for the day. So he escalates, hiding her water, hanging on to the keys, locking her out, chasing her down the street, slapping her, grabbing her face...

He hasn't snapped. He is admiring himself , and jigging himself up while he does this.

Gabby Petito's Family Speaks For First Time On Dr. Phil
Tue, October 5, 2021, 10:29 AM

Don't miss part one of Dr. Phil's exclusive interview with Gabby Petito's family at 3 p.m. on Tuesday on CBS3.

Father labels Brian Laundrie and his parents ‘cowards’ in new interview

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-05%20at%2010.45.54%20AM.png

From left to right: step-mother Tara Petito, father Joe Petito, step-father James Schmidt, mother Nicole Schimdit (CBS)

Gabby Petito’s father has slammed Brian Laundrie and his family as “cowards” in a new interview with Dr Phil.

Joseph Petito revealed he doesn’t think Mr Laundrie has killed himself as he lacked the courage to do so.

“Anyone who lived in that house is a coward,” Mr Petito said, referring to the home in North Port, Florida where Brian’s parents Christopher and Roberta live.

“They don’t know how to stand up for their actions.”

Joseph Petito again called on Mr Laundrie’s parents Chris and Roberta to come forward with what they know.

The family spoke about the excruciating days they spent trying to contact the Laundrie family for news of their daughter after she stopped communicating with them in late August.

Nichole Schmidt said it was “infuriating” that her text messages and calls to Mr Laundrie and his mother Roberta were ignored.

“We actually thought that they were both missing at that time,” Joseph Petito said.

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-05%20at%2011.06.31%20AM.png

James Schmidt, Gabby’s stepfather, and mother Nichole Schmidt (CBS)

In one of the text messages, Mr Petito told the Laundries: “I’m going to call the police, just letting you know, because we have no idea.”

“A normal parent when you text someone that (you) are going to call the cops because you can’t find your child, they would reply. No response. Nothing,” he said.

Mr Petito questioned what the Laundrie motives could have been for not helping to find their son.

“We couldn’t find Gabby. We did anything to find Gabby. What did they do to find Brian? I haven’t seen them on any TV shows... find Brian. Why do you think that is.”

Dr Phil responded to say there were two explanations: either Mr Laundrie was dead or his parents didn’t want him found.

Asked if they knew how his daughter had died, Mr Petito told Dr Phil it wasn’t helpful for him to “go down that rabbit hole”.

Mr Petito said her daughter was a responsible adult and had been preparing for the trip with Mr Laundrie for 18 months.

“This is not a 14 year old girl going on a school trip here. So we respected her decisions. All of us tried to best prepare her. She knew what she was doing.”

He said his priority was for something meaningful to come from his daughter’s death.

“She’s gone, and to me, I need to find meaning behind it,” he said.

“I’ve got to find some good, some positive things to come from this.”

Jim Schmidt, who identified Ms Petito from a favourite piece of clothing, said the past few weeks had been like “living in a bad soap opera”.

“You don’t think things like this would happen in real life. It’s unfathomable, it really is. It makes no sense.”

The parents were in agreement that Mr Laundrie was likely alive and living off the land somewhere.

“Somewhere off the beaten path somewhere, just thinking he’s not gonna get caught,” said Mr Schmidt.

Ms Petito’s mother Nicole Schmidt agreed.

“I believe he bragged about that, like he’s good at that stuff.”

Ms Schmidt said she knew who the last person to see her daughter alive was.

“I’m angry,” she said.

Last edited:
Pics of Brian camping from here:

Brian Laundrie's Sister Details Last Time She Saw Him During Camping Trip
Brian Laundrie's Sister Details Last Time She Saw Him During Camping Trip

I find this incredibly creepy. No matter how I try to rationalize it, I would not be able to look this relaxed and happy after my fiancée just died. Moo.
I could and did after my husband died. The key word here is "looked". I may have looked and acted happy but the reality was deep shock and denial. It's amazing what the mind will do to protect itself from a traumatic event.

I see it a bit differently, which is not to say, wrong or rightly.......

The Brians of this world do not snap. They actually love their bad temper, it invigorates them, and they are mostly always on the lookout for an opportunity to give it a long leash, and let it out to play. For example, the incident at the TexMex place.. going back 4 or 6 times to scream and screech at the women wait staff.

He would be doing this all the time. In my opinion, he would be doing it a lot on a camping trip, out in the backblocks, no one to interrupt his howling episodes. .. And we can see, again, in the Moab clip, that Gabby was exhausted by it. ..

He'd had a temper tantrum because she wanted to work in her blog, so he began to tear her down, even her apologies were 'not in the right tone', for Brian.. because he wants to give his ego a run for the day. So he escalates, hiding her water, hanging on to the keys, locking her out, chasing her down the street, slapping her, grabbing her face...

He hasn't snapped. He is admiring himself , and jigging himself up while he does this.

Spot on. I totally agree. Said it before, I think he fantasized about murdering her for a long time. Jmo

Yes, the parents probably treated BL as the golden boy throughout all of his life, and she had to go through her whole life in 2nd place, watching from the wings.

I know what that's like when parents favour a younger brother.
This sibling can do no wrong, gets forgiven everything, and has any attention they need whenever the require it.

No matter what happens, the elder sister can never be number 1. She will never even be equal to him.

In the end, the older sister just realises that there is nothing she can do, and sits back, takes it, and lives her life either 'going through the motions' or distancing herself from the family.

...are we related? lol.

Can confirm, as there is a similar age gap between myself and my sibling; and it went exactly as you suggest. Sibling the younger; can do no wrong; I was expected to be both second mom and playmate, etc., etc. (My mother had health issues that complicated pregnancies, hence the lacuna.) Without getting too off the rails into personal detail, I once spent 10 years getting away with telling my family that the smoke they were smelling on my clothes, was the fault of my roommates/neighboring apartments, which is an equal harbinger of how many years I went without them visiting me. There was, I think, one apartment where I switched apartments within the same building, that they in fact never saw.

For those who were curious, I note that someone else asked the question about lawyers and texting, and JC said it's super common for her to have multiple text-only exchanges with sources.

She ignored the part of that person's comment where they asked why SB didn't just have a press conference; which is probably wise because I'm sure JC doesn't know and doesn't want to be caught guessing about, due to liability reasons.

Where did this Fort DeSoto photo come from? Who took it and shared it with the world?

My best information and belief is the sister, Cassie. Someone said she gave photos as an exclusive to ABC.

I think it's a real possibility BL went to reserve on the 13th due to a note on the car warning of being towed. Wasn't there the oddity of being tagged with a note at 2ish PM on the 14th stating overnight parking was forbidden? It would make sense if the car was spotted the day before to be written up when it was (instead of within hours of arriving).

I checked BE's twitter and Mustang was missing on 14th, but back by the 15th, no 13th vid from him that I could find.

I find it odd that parents wouldn't get the date correct considering they reported him missing and should know how many days had gone by, you'd think. Especially if they went looking for him and found the car.

It could be possible that the lawyer spoke on the morning of the 13th to BL and it became real causing him to flee. Part of me thinks he's dead, not how I want t to play out, and the other part has him still hiking away somewhere on the run.

The part I now want to know, is how the Laundries expect people to believe them about the discrepancy in dates when it's been pretty widely confirmed (I thought) by FL locals, that the Mustang would have been ticketed/had a notice. Is this still a hard copy notice? would it not have been stuck under their windshield wiper or similar? Wouldn't this mean it has a date on it that the Laundries could look at?

Just think about this. You are worried that your son may have committed suicide. I would be counting the MINUTES from the last time I knew he was alright . Most parents would, imho.

This has ALWAYS been the primary problem with their stories, IIRC; and is one of the main reasons that people here (and other places) have been so skeptical about the concept that Brian in fact went into the nature preserve in the first place.

I too now think it increasingly possible, that the Laundrie parents calculatedly bet on this manhunt/used faux-worries about his state of mind and health, in order to distract LE and public opinion from trending into the right place; i.e. Brian's actual whereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil