Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to believe BL may have suffocated her with a pillow if he didn’t have any noticeable defense wounds on his face, neck and arms. Because two different people who picked up him on August 29 didn’t notice any signs of that, neither did Cassie when he and his parents stopped by her home on September 1 and surprised her with the kids, or the neighbors who saw him going on bike rides with mom, mowing the lawn, camping, and taking walks around the neighborhood..

Is there anyone here that is interested in or hopes that Brian is found to be innocent of Gabby's death?

Isn't that the best outcome for HER and her decisions, that we are aware of? The most respectful result?

I know it looks grim and is hard to imagine given the information that has carefully been shared with us, for sure.

But if we as a group had the ability to choose, would we prefer her fiance/boyfriend or a stranger, (or group of strangers)? And why?

It is odd that Brian hasn't been charged. I understand the tactic, but why no big blast about being dangerous to others?

Is there any precedent for someone suspected of murder to be categorized as a missing person, wanted only on debit card fraud? (Or something similar?)

It is rare, in this forum, for anyone to mention the possibility of Brian's innocence. And I absolutely understand that even though he is presumed innocent by law, that is not applicable here. The actions just don't mesh with guilt TO ME. Too weird. All of it!!! I am happy to eat my words if I am wrong. So want some answers. MOO MOO!

I've posted about the possibility of his innocence, and about how, if I was on a jury, I'd struggle with the "beyond reasonable doubt" stipulation.

It doesn't seem to be a theory that many will contemplate or consider though, everyone's minds seem to be made up.

And in answer to your question, of course I'd want it NOT to be Brian that killed Gabby. If it wasn't him, and he takes his own life because of all this, then that's two young lives lost.

Tragic all round.

MOO

Yes but my post was in response to the pic of Brian- with bruising on HIS arm- as in injuries he got murdering GB. Pics posted upthread, released by Cassie from Sept 6 fam gathering at Ft DeSoto.

I totally agree. IMO if he is right handed that is most likely what the bruise is from- attacking and killing GP.

In regards to is he wearing Gabby's bracelet?

He didn't have any bracelet on at all during the Moab stop.

Makes you wonder Im disturbed if it is hers and equally I'm disturbed if he made it as a "tribute".

iu

10/5/2021

Dog the Bounty Hunter says ‘survivalist’ Brian Laundrie is still alive

Chapman, 68, said he has no reason to believe the 23-year-old fugitive — who is sought for questioning in Gabby Petito’s disappearance and death — was suicidal when he took off amid mounting attention to the case.

“There’s no evidence of him being suicidal like that anywhere. And you know he didn’t say that to anyone,” he said.

Laundrie’s shared YouTube page with Petito featured a clip of him reading Jeff VanderMeer’s “Annihilation,” a novel about people exploring uncharted terrain who go missing.

“There’s no evidence of him being suicidal like that anywhere. And you know he didn’t say that to anyone,” he said.

“If you go to his Instagram pages and look what kind of person he really is and the books that he reads, and especially a very favorite book, [those are] not books for suicidal people.

Dog the Bounty Hunter thinks Brian Laundrie is still alive

GP's family may be the o
Many. But we are not allowed to sleuth outside of POI or Gabby so I must behave myself. I have said before that Gabby being involved in at least the Bumble app instantly makes her a target for predators. The vanlife is also rife with some creeps along the way, easy to get caught up with during camp times....my own personal experience here as a hard core introvert, still ended up in, well, interesting situations and groups.

I don't believe she was left alone when Brian went home for the "storage" trip. So who was there as "acting as a support system"? And no, it wasn't just her dad on video call for 5 days. No way. So who? We don't know and can't sleuth publicly here outside the guidelines.

<modsnip>

All weird, stays weird...we just don't have enough pieces. And maybe we shouldn't. Cassie said, the world does NOT need to know what the FBI knows. Why? Who is being protected by the FBI or by not releasing some additional information? I can guess. It isn't Brian or his family, they have been beaten every which way and sideways. Maybe rightfully so, maybe not. I do NOT know. Thank you for asking me. Sigh.

All of this is my crazy opinion ONLY!

GP's family may be the ones being protected by all the information not being shared! MOO

Is there anyone here that is interested in or hopes that Brian is found to be innocent of Gabby's death?

Isn't that the best outcome for HER and her decisions, that we are aware of? The most respectful result?

I know it looks grim and is hard to imagine given the information that has carefully been shared with us, for sure.

But if we as a group had the ability to choose, would we prefer her fiance/boyfriend or a stranger, (or group of strangers)? And why?

It is odd that Brian hasn't been charged. I understand the tactic, but why no big blast about being dangerous to others?

Is there any precedent for someone suspected of murder to be categorized as a missing person, wanted only on debit card fraud? (Or something similar?)

It is rare, in this forum, for anyone to mention the possibility of Brian's innocence. And I absolutely understand that even though he is presumed innocent by law, that is not applicable here. The actions just don't mesh with guilt TO ME. Too weird. All of it!!! I am happy to eat my words if I am wrong. So want some answers. MOO MOO!
Sometimes the most obvious suspect is the guilty one, and I believe that applies here. Unfortunately I believe this case follows the profile and statistics of so many of these sad situations where it is their loved one that has done the harm. Yes it’s horrible to be harmed/murdered by someone who is supposed to love you, protect you but unfortunately this is all too common. I do believe their actions, Brian and his parents, put a very dark cloud of suspicion over them. It’s been explained on here by attorneys that the charge for bank fraud is an opening move so they can detain him while the murder investigation continues. It’s also been explained by said attorneys that they like to have as many charges as possible when they go to trial. I don’t find it unusual but it does open the possibility that they are hoping if they find him they can get a confession, maybe they do not have direct evidence. I’m not sure I’m following your train of thought about it being more respectful to Gabby and her decisions. That seems to imply that she is partly responsible for her death by making poor decisions. Whoever killed her, which I do believe is Brian, is 100% responsible for her death.

Last edited:
It could be possible that the lawyer spoke on the morning of the 13th to BL and it became real causing him to flee. Part of me thinks he's dead, not how I want t to play out, and the other part has him still hiking away somewhere on the run.
Good observation. And I wonder if he’s deceased, too. The longer they can’t find him, the more likely it seems.

This date he went missing thing is just so frustrating. Its bad enough that people are building castles in the air using hearsay and conjecture with the barest foundation of facts. But now the dang foundation of "facts" can't even be trusted.

Yes...but this is while he still has her. What happens when she truly decides to leave?

Stats say, it's the most dangerous time for a woman, in societies across the world.. It's not a local thing, it 's a universal thing.

We know what happened to Gabby. Her life is gone, and in the end, who did it, why they did it, how they did it is useless knowledge up against that sad and irreversible fact, she died. At 22.

Sorry, I hope you know I was referring to random postings x

Actually yes. That’s his right arm. I wonder if he was in front of her or behind & if Gabby was right or left handed?
It's not just the coloring on Brian's arm. I see distinct marks and swelling. JMO
I posted a pic of his arm on Reddit and got completely downvoted lol. 100% he has a bruised arm.

How is it possible that Brian Laundrie is able to not be found?

FBI, LE in every City , County and State. Bounty Hunters.

How is it possible that with not much money, no vehicle and his face everywhere he escapes.

Makes me think he’s somewhere dead.

I don't follow many of these cases, but my gut says that the head start he was able to get is what's making it so difficult to find him. I keep thinking about those times when someone is able to completely change their identity (yeah, I'm thinking of TV series like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul). Depending on how much money his parents were willing/able to spend, he could be pretty well hidden at this point.

Holy CRAP! Hope this has been sent to the FBI. These are the small details that having lots of eyes on photos help. And if you don't think the FBI doesn't use crowd source clouds, bless you.
It's not her bracelet! It's much thicker.
I think she is actually wearing a hair band in the black/orange photo and not a bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle