Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is proud of it, imo. So glad that you were able to get out of that relationship!
Thank you, 14 years on and off with refuge visits in between from the age of 19. I might not be a qualified expert but I did learn a lot in the refuge from professionals and got a certificate from the freedom project about abusers and what to look out for. I just know from experience, they can hurt you one minute and be friendly the next with anyone they come across, it’s second nature to an abuser. So the photos of BL certainly do not surprise me, I’m trying my very best to keep an open mind but with all the evidence I’m really struggling , not sure I’d make a good juror. I really really want justice for gabby.

Could Cassie or GP’s family get in trouble from the FBI for speaking out today?
I have been worried about this, too. Who knows - she said she has told everything she knows to the FBI and has told us via protesters what she 'knows'. I believe her to be credible but I know nothing of the family as a whole.

What does everyone else think about the credibility?

I feel like he grabbed her and threw her down or "jerked" her back and forth against a tree.
I feel like she was walking away from him and he pushed her down hard onto the rocks. When she tried to lift her head. Dear God. I can't type the rest, but I think he came at her from behind.

613fbd962d076.image.jpg

That is an elastic hair band on the top.

ETA and my post is the third one, so sorry about that folks. It’s been interesting and I hope we get some more reliable information to discuss, um yeah.

Last edited:
For that comment / evidence of BL speaking to SB. Who's to say that was really BL?

I think it was probably BL.

And whatever Bertolino said to him made BL decide to take his own life (or run).

Threads ago I was speculating that BL decided to take whatever action he has now taken because both the lawyer and his parents were trying to encourage him to speak with the FBI, and perhaps turn himself in. He had no-one on his 'side'.

Nothing that has happened yet has changed my thoughts on that.

Oh, please, let this be so -- for the investigation, and for Cassie.

Let me also echo what's been on my mind -- possibly along with other WS folks, and I certainly see it WRT Cassie -- it's the typical SON syndrome, i.e., "We finally got a son! Cassie is pretty, sweet and a good daughter, but now we have what we've always wanted: The Precious Son!!" Grrrrr. (I am an only child, but I've certainly seen it.)
So she got shoved to the back of the line, the day he was born, and she has been there ever since. SMH IMO.

Yep and with an 8-9 year age difference it’s possible they tried a long time for that boy. And she had 8-9 years of being an only child with hopefully doting parents. I understand her heartbreak over “losing” them now. They have literally, through their actions, chosen one child over the other in a huge way.
MOO

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito's parents say fugitive fiancé still alive, recall learning tragic news

The parents of Gabby Petito described in heartbreaking detail the moments when they heard the news that their 22-year-old daughter’s remains were believed to have been foundin Wyoming after she had been missing for weeks, and say they believe her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, is still alive.

Joe Petito and Nichole Schmidt, Gabby’s mother and father, and her step-parents, Tara Petito and Jim Schmidt, sat down for an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw that aired Tuesday. The interview covered topics ranging from Nichole Schmidt’s early inkling that her daughter was not okay; the text messages Gabby’s parents sent to Laundrie's parents; and their belief that he is hiding out.

During the Tuesday show, Stafford alleged that Brian Laundrie stole Petito's credit card, used it "to get home and then ran from the police."

It's a

Hair band - every girl these days has them on their wrist. Chill people lol.

What would Brian want with a hair band? He is bald.

Oh, please, let this be so -- for the investigation, and for Cassie.

Let me also echo what's been on my mind -- possibly along with other WS folks, and I certainly see it WRT Cassie -- it's the typical SON syndrome, i.e., "We finally got a son! Cassie is pretty, sweet and a good daughter, but now we have what we've always wanted: The Precious Son!!" Grrrrr. (I am an only child, but I've certainly seen it.)
So she got shoved to the back of the line, the day he was born, and she has been there ever since. SMH IMO.

Not necessarily... I am a girl, and so is my over-favored and coddled younger sibling.

I’ve thought of posting this for a while and feel it’s not worth the conversation because, it’s so out there, and so likely not the case (right?). But at this point I just want to say it because I am fumbling for anything. 2 totally unrelated and opposite and both very “crazy” ideas…..

Could the search in the reserve be for evidence of a crime that’s unrelated to this one? Like, a previous, serious crime by Brian that they found out about through this. What if he had actually committed a murder previously, or since his return. Crazy, I know. But what if they’re spending ALL this money and manpower and dangerous searching in the Reserve is not just because it’s a federal case due to operating across state lines but because they have reason to believe he’s a serial killer? They’d have to release that information to the public though, wouldn't they? Or would they not want to cause panic because they don’t know where he is?

(Don’t laugh at me)

Alternatively, and on the complete opposite spectrum

Does anyone else still hold out the possibility that Brian is not guilty of Gabby’s homicide? And that all of our speculations (see above *eye roll at myself*) are actually really off base? But then why would they have so much manpower and money out on the hunt.

IMO it is entirely possible they could have been searching for evidence from a previous crime. Perhaps LE ran into some information about some other crime he was suspected of committing but the evidence was lacking so they never brought charges. While there is a hunt going on for him in places he is more likely to be, they simultaneously were searching for the previous evidence which helped make it look to the public as if they have been looking in the wrong area. Which might make BL more confident and more likely to make mistakes. Ya never know!

Really? Come on, man

I didn't meant to act like I know. I just am thinking about what men do when trying to stop a fleeing woman or "talk some sense into her" and get her to listen. I could have the dynamic totally wrong. What do you think happened?

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito's parents say fugitive fiancé still alive, recall learning tragic news

During a different portion of the interview, Joe Petito told McGraw that Brian "didn’t tell us" that he had returned home in Petito’s van. Nichole Schmidt added: "As far as we now, our daughter was camping."

The parents began frantically texting and calling Brian Laundrie’s parents, even thinking early-on that Brian was also missing, Joe Petito said.

"One of the texts, I mean, I was going to call the police. You know, ‘Just letting you know because we have no idea, no responses,’" Joe Petito continued. "A normal parent, when you text someone that they’re going to call the cops because you can’t find your child, they would reply."

Joe Petito further described how Brian’s parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, allegedly "had papers at the door," with instructions for police to contact their attorney.

Gabby’s parents said they both feel that the Laundries "know a lot more information than they’re putting out there," as Nichole Schmidt said.

When asked if they believed "100%" that Brian Laundrie is in hiding, Joe Petito responded: "I do."

Could Cassie or GP’s family get in trouble from the FBI for speaking out today?
I have been worried about this, too. Who knows - she said she has told everything she knows to the FBI and has told us via protesters what she 'knows'. I believe her to be credible but I know nothing of the family as a whole.

What does everyone else think about the credibility?
It's a

Hair band - every girl these days has them on their wrist. Chill people lol.
Hell to the yeah!

Sounds to me like she and her DH are cooperating with FBI. MOO

If this is so, and certainly this is confidential and the 'rents would have no idea of cooperation, what can her parents and the attorney be thinking about what she has actually said??!! Angry? Disappointed? Have they read her the riot act?

I’ve thought of posting this for a while and feel it’s not worth the conversation because, it’s so out there, and so likely not the case (right?). But at this point I just want to say it because I am fumbling for anything. 2 totally unrelated and opposite and both very “crazy” ideas…..

Could the search in the reserve be for evidence of a crime that’s unrelated to this one? Like, a previous, serious crime by Brian that they found out about through this. What if he had actually committed a murder previously, or since his return. Crazy, I know. But what if they’re spending ALL this money and manpower and dangerous searching in the Reserve is not just because it’s a federal case due to operating across state lines but because they have reason to believe he’s a serial killer? They’d have to release that information to the public though, wouldn't they? Or would they not want to cause panic because they don’t know where he is?

(Don’t laugh at me)

Alternatively, and on the complete opposite spectrum

Does anyone else still hold out the possibility that Brian is not guilty of Gabby’s homicide? And that all of our speculations (see above *eye roll at myself*) are actually really off base? But then why would they have so much manpower and money out on the hunt.

I’m leaning towards the search at the reserve has been to find evidence that was discarded. I’ve gone there too with the possibility of multiple…”incidents”….being related..but..I do lean towards they are not looking for BL…they are looking for something to tie him to whatever crime(s) he may have committed.

on your second idea…I’ve tried to…but..no. I think he did it. How it went down, I don’t know and I refuse to speculate on that. I think the FBI knows and that they are searching for tangible evidence to definitively tie BL to it.

jmo.

A dozen Brian Laundrie sightings have been reported in North Carolina, officials say

Tipsters have reported a dozen sightings of Laundrie, 23, in the western part of the state near the Tennessee border since last Thursday, a spokeswoman with the Haywood County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday.

Those reports include a 911 call shortly after 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, by a man claiming he was “99.99 percent” positive he spoke to Laundrie.

She just saw him home alone 2 weeks earlier. Its not a stretch to think she was thinking that nows not the time to ask.
Certainly true, but what did the parents or poor Cassie tell the kids? "Where's Aunt Gabby? Where's Aunt Gabby?"

Brian Laundrie Flew Home Days After Police Separated Him & Gabby Petito, Attorney Says

What to Know
  • Brian Laundrie's attorney says he flew home alone to get some things and empty out a storage unit to save money for his cross-country van trip with then-fiance Gabby Petito.
  • The flight came just five days after the couple were stopped by police in Moab, Utah, after dispatchers got a call about a man hitting a woman
  • Laundrie went home alone again on Sept. 1; Petito was reported missing on Sept. 11 and her body was found on Sept. 19.

What would Brian want with a hair band? He is bald.

Not necessarily... I am a girl, and so is my over-favored and coddled younger sibling.
@squareandrabbet - the point is he is not wearing her bracelet! What is being mistaken on her for a bracelet is a hairband. Whatever he has on is way thicker than an elastic hairband.‍♀️

Just catching up, wow Bertolino just changing dates like it doesn't matter! The parents claiming they were mistaken what day he left?! I think you'd remember the date your son so-called disappeared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member