Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article link. In looking as hard as I can at the picture from the Peachtree sighting, I was trying to look at his ears and couldn’t see well enough. Between the mask and sunglasses (in not bright sun) it does obscure whomever was photographed in Peachtree was trying to obscure his identity. It DOES appear that the man is wearing a black covid-type face mask, not a dark beard. And the hair looks grown to about an inch or so and lighter colored possibly dyed, which I would absolutely expect a fugitive to do.
Arm hair looks similar to BL.
Plus the fact that 2 people described black cut off shirt.
It is interesting.
Also of note in the article was the revelation that there is a California in GA.
I missed the article you mention, can you refer please? Thank you!

Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

The Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford stated, “Brian Laundrie stole Gabby Petito’s credit card and used it to travel home, where he returned in the beginning of September, "and then ran from the police.”

Stafford later added: "I don't know what story he's going to try to tell, but it's not going to make any sense when you put it together with his actions from that moment forward – that he's running, that he's hiding, that he's trying to deceive everybody around him."

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino declined to comment.

Oh I could definitely see some buddies getting together and trying to hoax people, 15 minutes of fame and all.

I still feel that if they discovered so much as one of these people, LE would like to figure out a way to leak the discovery to media to cut down on the doofuses who might want to emulate it and thus be wasting their time; but as always, YMMV :)

Has anyone seen the pics of Brian from Fort DeSoto on Sept 6th? Take a look at his wrist... notice anything new?

41ee182cfb7845199614575885e14a07_md.jpg

screen cap ABC video @1.44: Brian Laundrie's sister urges him to 'come forward' amid nationwide search

Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-1.27.32-PM.png

Login • Instagram

What about his wrist?

Why hasn't Brian been charged with murder? I've read all the speculations, but none really answers the question. There is no logical reason, I can see, why he hasn't been formally charged with killing GP. I can think of reasons why they haven't, but considering what's transpired, they don't make sense either. FBI must be convinced he did murder her or they wouldn't be on this huge, expensive, vast, and time consuming man hunt. Not for credit card fraud!! I just don't understand why he hasn't been charged with the crime.

There are two reasons. One, because it doesn't matter until they find him. Until they physically see him and can arrest him, it doesn't matter what he's charged with because there is an active federal warrant out for his arrest. You can't be arrested one, two, or three times at the same time so it doesn't matter if there are one, two, or three arrest warrants out. Once he is found and arrested then he can and likely will be charged with additional crimes.

Second, the feds use the grand jury system. That means the feds go before a grand jury and present their case to obtain an indictment. If the final autopsy report is not back yet, the feds may not want to bring the case to the grand jury without all of the evidence being returned. It was very easy to get an indictment under 18 USC 1029 because you just need Capital One to confirm that he was not an authorized user of that card and PIN. Establishing the right degree of murder before the grand jury is more complicated and may rely on scientific evidence that is still being processed. And the combination of 1 and 2: since he is missing, there is not a rush to get an indictment as quickly as possible since it's not like they are going to find him any quicker with additional charges.

Is there anyone here that is interested in or hopes that Brian is found to be innocent of Gabby's death?

Isn't that the best outcome for HER and her decisions, that we are aware of? The most respectful result?

I know it looks grim and is hard to imagine given the information that has carefully been shared with us, for sure.

But if we as a group had the ability to choose, would we prefer her fiance/boyfriend or a stranger, (or group of strangers)? And why?

It is odd that Brian hasn't been charged. I understand the tactic, but why no big blast about being dangerous to others?

Is there any precedent for someone suspected of murder to be categorized as a missing person, wanted only on debit card fraud? (Or something similar?)

It is rare, in this forum, for anyone to mention the possibility of Brian's innocence. And I absolutely understand that even though he is presumed innocent by law, that is not applicable here. The actions just don't mesh with guilt TO ME. Too weird. All of it!!! I am happy to eat my words if I am wrong. So want some answers. MOO MOO!
I definitely would like to see Brian exonerated. It doesn't look good, but I still hold out hope. There are so many possibilities and so much we don't know...

Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

The Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford stated, “Brian Laundrie stole Gabby Petito’s credit card and used it to travel home, where he returned in the beginning of September, "and then ran from the police.”

Stafford later added: "I don't know what story he's going to try to tell, but it's not going to make any sense when you put it together with his actions from that moment forward – that he's running, that he's hiding, that he's trying to deceive everybody around him."

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino declined to comment.

I'll be interested to see if BL's stimulus check(s) and paychecks were deposited into GP's bank account...if that info ever comes out. Maybe he cashed them; maybe he had her deposit them. Just MOO.

Trying again. I don't know if this has been posted already. In this Daily Mail interview with Dennis Davis at 16:00, he talks about how the person he thinks was BL had on a shirt with the sleeves cut off, and that it was a dark color.

Compare to this sighting of someone looking like BL, darting in and out of the bushes, in Peach Tree City, GA. He is wearing a black shirt with cut off sleeves or something similar. Brian Laundrie ‘Lookalike’ Spotted Outside Atlanta, Georgia — Placing Him On Track To The Appalachian Trail

I don’t think the peach tree sighting looks like BL. But if it is, he certainly looks like he is using a cell phone

1/2
Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino now says Brian left for the hike on Mon Sept 13, not Tues Sept. 14 like parents originally said.
Full Bertolino statement:
"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events. Upon further communication...

2/2
with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445479117965578246?s=21
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445479117965578246?s=21
So , the Laundries were caught telling fibs because the mustang was clearly on their drive wed 15th . Now , change of story , they were mistaken about which day he left for his hike . Absolutely nothing to do with getting caught in a lie and having to explain it away .

I'll be interested to see if BL's stimulus check(s) and paychecks were deposited into GP's bank account...if that info ever comes out. Maybe he cashed them; maybe he had her deposit them. Just MOO.

I have an ex who was bad with money and all of his paychecks were deposited directly into my account for years. And he had a six-figure job at the time. Thinking about it, if they were "a team," as they both separately said in the Moab stop videos, it would be dumb and inconvenient for them to have two separate accounts for the trip expenses - at least in their minds. jmo

[URL="https://news.yahoo.com/gabby-petito-fbi-decision-hold-142207636.html"]Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says[/URL]

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3799082/fbi-withholding-gabby-petito-cause-of-death-unusual/

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says

Baden, who has worked on a bevy of high profile cases such as the death of Jeffrey Epstein, said: "I think the FBI would be very cautious about things because they don't want to make a mistake.

"Whatever reasons they're withholding, it is very unusual."

He added: "I think that the only reason would be, you're concerned that you're missing something, but that should not be a concern, because whatever is needed to investigate the death from the point of view of the medical examiner will be seen, documented and could be retained."

"In 2021, where anything of value can be document[ed], retained, tested on day one or two or three, there's no reason to keep the whole body from the family," he continued.

Baden characterized officials as doing the exact "reverse" of what is typically done by releasing the manner of death before the cause.

Generally speaking, Baden says, releasing a victim’s manner of death implies that the cause is already known.

"Now, what they're saying is, whatever they found, they've ruled out accidents, suicides, or natural deaths that could cause it," he added.

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says
FBI withholding Gabby's cause of death is 'very unusual,' expert says

Baden, who has worked on a bevy of high profile cases such as the death of Jeffrey Epstein, said: "I think the FBI would be very cautious about things because they don't want to make a mistake.

"Whatever reasons they're withholding, it is very unusual."

He added: "I think that the only reason would be, you're concerned that you're missing something, but that should not be a concern, because whatever is needed to investigate the death from the point of view of the medical examiner will be seen, documented and could be retained."

"In 2021, where anything of value can be document[ed], retained, tested on day one or two or three, there's no reason to keep the whole body from the family," he continued.

Baden characterized officials as doing the exact "reverse" of what is typically done by releasing the manner of death before the cause.

Generally speaking, Baden says, releasing a victim’s manner of death implies that the cause is already known.

"Now, what they're saying is, whatever they found, they've ruled out accidents, suicides, or natural deaths that could cause it," he added.
Really hate to say this. Would this happen if her body was in some way mutilated? So that the manner of death is obvious as a homicide, but the actual cause of death (the action that initiated her to stop living) is still under review, because they have to figure out what injuries happened first? (Sorry, gruesome). I’d been assuming the COD would be relatively common, but this leads me to wonder if there may be more to unravel as to the actual *cause* if there are a lot of surrounding issues. Very sad thought. My prayers are so strong with the Petito and Schmidt families.

Last edited:
Bounty Hunter says Laundrie manhunt ‘more dangerous' as evidence DNA tested

Dog's team said they handed over evidence to police hoping that DNA testing would prove it belonged to Brian.

The spokesperson said: "Dog has turned over evidence to the authorities including items found on one of the islands near Fort De Soto Park. It is his hope that DNA can be assessed to prove Laundries' presence.

"In addition, he has had multiple conversations with law enforcement."

The reward for any information leading to Laundrie's arrest now stands at $180,000 after Dog contributed to the fund.

I don’t think the peach tree sighting looks like BL. But if it is, he certainly looks like he is using a cell phone

Yea now that I have had a chance to look at it, I don't think it is either, #1 that's a damn full beard for a 22-year-old to put out in a month,#2 this man arms seem bigger #3 I don't think Brian has a tattoo on that arm that big and in that area, of course, he could have done it in 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead