Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who think Brian's dead...
He would have had to blow his brains out.
He would have to have had a gun.
He would have to have obtained a license for that gun.
He would have to have obtained ammunition.
Any of that verifiable?
Is the glass half full or half empty?
Or has Brian the survivalist run off with the glass and the water?

One of the things that recently came out from Bertolino was that BL went back to Florida to empty the storage unit AND "retrieve some items" - so there was something in either the storage unit or in the Laundrie home that they apparently needed on the trip and had not taken with them although they had planned the trip for 18 months.
I think this is an assumption that the attorney wants placed.. that they “needed it for the trip”. I think SB knows BL is on CCTV removing something from the unit. Period. The “reason” is far from known. Moo

Last edited:
A former co-worker described them as "couple goals.” NK said she worked with Brian and Gabby at a Publix grocery store in North Port Florida.

Friends stunned by Gabby Petito's disappearance, said couple was always happy

Another:

“The only thing I could say is they were ‘couple goals,’” said Nicole Kalanich, a former co-worker. “They were very happy never would expect this from Brian or Gabby.”

The couple worked at a local Publix Supermarket, Petito in the pharmacy and Laundrie in the grocery department.

“They were saving up for this trip, I guess because he got her in to work at Publix,” Kalanich said.

Search for Gabby Petito's Fiancé Continues in Florida, Warrant Issued for His Arrest

I also agree with this. I see very little evidence that GP was trying to monetize this trip until very late in the game. In all of her 12-18 months of planning this trip, she did very little to try to gain a substantial following. As far as we can tell, they bought all that REI gear but didn't tag the company in social media until one post in August IIRC. BL has a post on Instagram about the van conversion, but GP doesn't, and even in BL's post there's no detailed explanation of what he's doing (we removed the x to make room to install a y). That YouTube video of all their 2020 adventures should have been up and plastered over their SM BEFORE setting out. All that is the type of stuff pre-trip that would start to get them followers. Then, once the trip started they posted rather infrequently. Sponsors are looking for people who post regularly, even daily, to keep the audience engaged. GP may have had dreams to monetize this, but she didn't actually do a lot to realize that dream until her final few weeks. Maybe the two of them disagreed over this and that's part of the reason they argued, because GP does seem like she's making efforts to monetize right around the time the problems (that we know of) start.

But wait, I forget - what's the relevance of it if she wasn't trying to make a career or self-sustaining business out of it? What if it was just something she enjoyed or wanted to try her hand at? Does that make it less...something? Is the notion that one oerdon's desire to hike > another person's desire to stitch a video story together?

I've literally lost the thread of why this is a discussion topic.

He and Gabby both worked at Publix until the trip. It's public knowledge. <modsnip>

It appears they both worked at a Publix at the same time at some time in the past, however:

Previously posted by DeDee in a long past thread here:

"According to [Rose] Davis, Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working, after the two had quit their jobs at a nearby Publix with the pandemic's onset.

"He could keep an eye on her at Publix," Davis says. "He didn't want her to work, and she did. And he was mad about it. And he always tried to get what he wanted and he did, because he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

I just don’t understand the Mustang thing at all. His family doesn’t know exactly which day he left but they did know exactly where he parked his car? If they’re so unclear on when he left and the Reserve is so big, how did they know where he parked? And somehow they knew to go to the Reserve to find his car, happened upon a note from the police about the parking, then decided to remove the car? But they also claim they knew BL left his cell phone at home and went hiking, so when he came back from his hiking and goes to his car that they drove away, how would he call anyone to get a ride home? It makes no sense. As I’ve seen in other threads, as other posters have said: “that dog doesn’t hunt.”
This, and BL's trip to Florida, are the two things I am most confused about. I can make no sense of either. (Besides the obvious: where the hell is he/his body?)

Did no one think to ask CL why she didn't FT GP when BL came home on 9/1? She said she did it when he flew home on the 17th? Did anyone ask her what his explanation was for why he was back? She said she spoke to him before the 11th. Why didn't any of the reporters ask her these questions?

Exposed; as in who he was. His secrets. I think the Moab stop was the closest he had ever come to public exposure. IMO It’s one thing to slap your partner when no one is looking, it’s another to be on LE camera and be questioned about it.

IMO the “storage locker” reason to explain the Aug 17 return to Florida is a Huge RED HERRING and the ONLY reason it is being offered up is because those facilities usually have CCTV.
IMO BL flew home to teach GP a lesson. His parents may have demanded it, or he may have need a visit to refill a med, but it also allowed BL to continue his abuse, so he agreed. I think he returned to her after he thought she had learned her lesson. Moo but this man allegedly did return to kill her. Hindsight is 20/20, however continuing to IGNORE this fact and hypothesizing about why he went to Florida like the answer is what loaf of bread did he buy at the store, I believe is doing Gabby and all DV victims a huge disservice. There is a white elephant in the room and it is screaming.
moo

(I know your post is quite serious but the visual of your last sentence & the follow-on when my eyes skipped the period - "a white elephant in the room screaming 'moo'" - had me cackling)

LE asked if he was on meds when they stopped him in Moab.
He told them he was not.

Actually, if you go to the body cam video where BL is asked if he takes any meds (at 16:30 on the video), he does not answer a simple "no". Unfortunately the Moab PD erased he audio for his answer on the video, but based on my amateur lip reading "expertise", it looks like he is saying that he used to take medication but he isn't taking any currently.

Maybe this is an indication that he used to be on some type of medication and stopped taking it--and thus potentially adds to the possible theory that he went back to FL to "get back on his meds" to fix his problems with GP.

See, I’ve been waiting no watching for somebody, anybody to confirm the note too. I don’t think they have.
The 2 day turnaround of the mum picking up the car just doesn't make any sense to me, I just can't wrap my head around it. This is what comes up on google when you search for the code enforcement for abandoned vehicles for North Port...
"42-58

42-58. - Abandonment prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle which is left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned."

I don't think a gun needs to be involved in a suicide. My guess would be hanging.

I think he was operating on "auto pilot" driving home to Florida, and was functioning "normally" while around his family.

Denial of reality is easier to pull off when no one suspects the worst.
Imo
For those of you who think Brian's dead...
He would have had to blow his brains out.
He would have to have had a gun.
He would have to have obtained a license for that gun.
He would have to have obtained ammunition.
Any of that verifiable?
Is the glass half full or half empty?
Or has Brian the survivalist run off with the glass and the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly