Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah. Me too! I posted similarly yesterday. And added this, if all was the same, -BL home again, like on the 17th, without GP,- did CL and kids try to FaceTime with Aunt Gabby again??
If the answer is “No” from CL, then why not?
IMO CL is not yet being truthful.

I checked and the only WIFI at Fort DeSoto campgrounds is at the camp store and office. Verizon cell service works but not AT&T. Not sure about others. So that would be why Aunt Gabby could not be called.

I just don’t understand the Mustang thing at all. His family doesn’t know exactly which day he left but they did know exactly where he parked his car? If they’re so unclear on when he left and the Reserve is so big, how did they know where he parked? And somehow they knew to go to the Reserve to find his car, happened upon a note from the police about the parking, then decided to remove the car? But they also claim they knew BL left his cell phone at home and went hiking, so when he came back from his hiking and goes to his car that they drove away, how would he call anyone to get a ride home? It makes no sense. As I’ve seen in other threads, as other posters have said: “that dog doesn’t hunt.”

I think he parked on the side of the reserve closest to their neighborhood. There aren't that many parking spaces or lots near the preserve. My question is why did they go look for the car/for him in the first place? They find the notice on the car (they probably know the rules for this preserve - no overnight parking, no longterm parking). They apparently are wondering where he is, but yes, any sane person would be concerned about him just going into the preserve and not coming back the same day, due to the rules of the preserve. They had to have thought, "Hmm, he's run away." Did they already know he'd left his phone at home? They must have tried to call him and it rang inside the house (that would send many parents out to look for their "kid").

They find the warning notice and don't want the car towed. I assume they figured that if he emerged from the swamp, he'd have to walk home. It's not that far. BL had walked about 16-18 miles from the Spread Creek area to Colter Bay. He is also capable of hitchhiking. Google maps says. it's about a 4 hour walk from the edge of the preserve to their general area.

They must have had a moment, there. A heart-sinking moment for any parent. They probably thought he had killed himself, but after reflection, they decide that there's some outside chance that he's still alive and is a missing person.

I keep thinking about what would have happened if they had not called in a missing person report. Seems to me that if they were actively aiding and abetting him to escape (knowing that the warrant was upcoming), they could have just been silent for a while. But instead, they seem to worry enough to call in a missing person's report. If that was done deceptively, then they really are an antisocial and sneaky pair of people.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks it strange that the parents wanted to avoid the car being towed or why they wouldn't expect Walker Brian to simply walk home. That's what he does (he walks a lot, IMO).

For those of you who think Brian's dead...
He would have had to blow his brains out.
He would have to have had a gun.
He would have to have obtained a license for that gun.
He would have to have obtained ammunition.
Any of that verifiable?
Is the glass half full or half empty?
Or has Brian the survivalist run off with the glass and the water?

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on suicide, but if he did commit suicide why would it have necessarily been with a gun? He could have hung himself or OD'd? MOO

Thanks for the specific info.

Could have been a controlled substance though. Not an opioid (& those are tricky these days) but BL did say he'd been diagnosed with some sort of anxiety. So the wet signature might have been needed for an anti-anxiety med. Still, I can't see why that couldn't happen long distance faster and easier than flying to FL. And if lab work of some sort was needed, there are drs in SLC to refer to.

JMO

Again, prescribing a controlled substance out of state can be done, and honestly isn’t that difficult. A faxed prescription with a “wet” signature is usually accepted. Most prescriptions are totally digital (including a Dr’s signature) so that’s why something would need to be faxed in this case. Rarely this will be questioned, but if it is then the prescribing doc is called to verify the rx. I know everyone thinks because of the opioid crisis these things are under strict lock and key but think about why and how that crisis even happened in the first place. As long as a doctor orders something, it is executed. Yes, pharmacists can sometimes refuse to fill but that is rare. Plus, do you know how horrible it is to work at a chain pharmacy? Burn out is very real. Again, if the doc orders it, the patient gets it. The only (well actually- this isn’t really the only thing but let’s say it is) thing that has changed is the willingness of a doctor to prescribe certain meds or the amount you will be prescribed.

Also, and probably way more straightforward, a doctor treating a mental illness would not refer to an out of state doc, most likely would not even know who or where to refer to. If it was a crisis situation, go to the emergency department. If it’s lab work, they would send an order to a lab, no new doctor needed. The new referral wouldn’t happen and doesn’t make sense for many reasons.
Also, insurance is a b**ch.

But yes, some docs are strict and want an in person visit or you’re not getting what you need/want.

In my opinion, a doctor or medication was not involved during this random trip home to FL. Just wanted to clarify things for those speculating.

One of the things that recently came out from Bertolino was that BL went back to Florida to empty the storage unit AND "retrieve some items" - so there was something in either the storage unit or in the Laundrie home that they apparently needed on the trip and had not taken with them although they had planned the trip for 18 months.
Yeah…I think I would have gotten someone to just overnight my items to me haha! Much cheaper than a round trip flight. I’m not saying he flew home for a nefarious reason or anything…but I do think it was for something else other than a storage locker & some “items.” JMO.

Any of that verifiable?
DBM, my question/point already posted by another member.

Any of that verifiable?

I'm not feeling he committed suicide.
I think he is sitting back in a safehouse/cabin watching this manhunt unfold and he is enjoying his 15 minutes of infamy.

Has LE confirmed that the mustang did have a City of North Port abandoned vehicle notice on it at Carlson reserve because their enforcement code is for 5 days or longer?

Isn't there any interim step, though?

Like first, the local LE assume the owner of the car is in the preserve; but when that first note yields no fruit, they run the plates and attempt to get in touch with the registered owner before they begin the smackdown process?

Also, is the preserve state property, in which case the North Port police rules would be separate from the Florida state police rules?

I don't believe for one minute that BL has been swallowed by an alligator. But if he was, there would be no way to identify which animal ate him in a place with 1000 alligators. So dissection of an alligator is never going to happen in this case, in my opinion.

While they presumably said many things to LE & the FBI that we don't know about, one would think that if BL's parents thought he was in an alligator-infested swamp, they'd act more concerned about finding him and would do things like publicly call for him to come home or turn himself in. So my guess is that his parents don't think BL is in the reserve, and that either LE is looking for a piece of evidence there or the parents misled LE about BL's whereabouts.

JMO

Any of that verifiable?

All are good points.

However, I can buy a gun and ammo with cash today. No background check, license, or waiting.

In addition, there are more ways to death than by a gun.

It is the length of time without a body that hurts my theory that he is dead via self-infliction.

I agree it stinks! There is some hidden reason BL flew home. Has the locker been confirmed? It could of waited? What did it cost? Airfare is allot and so was hotel room what are we missing here?
OP made the comment about him flying home to “help his dad” with what we all originally thought was a storage locker. That little detail always flew all over me….the helping his dad part. Like I’m sure his dad could have found someone else to help him & it didn’t have to be BL. JMO.

I agree with all of y’all that Gabby’s venture was not exactly a business plan execution. I really think it was more of a lark and fantasy for Gabby. It probably just came up one day in everyday conversation and she decided to act upon the idea. Impulsively, they gathered their belongings into the van, filled the gas tank up and set off for Wyoming. I give her so much credit though. She was so young. Just beginning her life as a young woman. I think she had her head in the clouds with unrealistic expectations with she and her fiancé riding off into the sunset. I think she believed her time on the phone was her work. I’m not saying that it met a true definition of work for financial gain. What I’ve tried to say (prob not very well)is all the art, creativity and time poured out into that phone was considered work by her. That phone was her everything.
I’ll have to rewatch, but IIRC , her father said on Dr Phil that she had been planning this for 1+ year. Outfitting the van, the drone, creating content, opening You tube channel all support her intent. She may have made some “mistakes” but it certainly looks like she was attempting to creat a “business”.

Did no one think to ask CL why she didn't FT GP when BL came home on 9/1? She said she did it when he flew home on the 17th? Did anyone ask her what his explanation was for why he was back? She said she spoke to him before the 11th. Why didn't any of the reporters ask her these questions?
Maybe she tried and got no response. Maybe BL gave CL some story about them breaking up and CL thought GP just didn’t want to talk.

Good question though. I’d be curious to hear her response.

I agree with all of y’all that Gabby’s venture was not exactly a business plan execution. I really think it was more of a lark and fantasy for Gabby. It probably just came up one day in everyday conversation and she decided to act upon the idea. Impulsively, they gathered their belongings into the van, filled the gas tank up and set off for Wyoming. I give her so much credit though. She was so young. Just beginning her life as a young woman. I think she had her head in the clouds with unrealistic expectations with she and her fiancé riding off into the sunset. I think she believed her time on the phone was her work. I’m not saying that it met a true definition of work for financial gain. What I’ve tried to say (prob not very well)is all the art, creativity and time poured out into that phone was considered work by her. That phone was her everything.

Didn't we get word (sorry forgot the source) that they purchased and renovated said van in order to be able to cook in it? If so, I'd call that kind of a big spur and a long moment for a spur-of-the-moment trip.

Any of that verifiable?
IMO…I just really don’t think he’s dead. Dead ppl don’t move. & I just really believe they would have found something by now - a body or some kinda trace of him being somewhere…ripped clothing, part of a backpack…something. That’s JMO tho I’m no expert. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21