Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link:

Police said at this time, the fiancé is not considered a suspect or to be associated with her disappearance. According to Petito’s family, he has hired an attorney and is refusing to cooperate with the investigation into their daughter’s disappearance.

The Petitos knew early on that an attorney was involved and the attorney was involved before he was considered a suspect.

Why would it be strange that the Petito's knew the Laundries had hired a lawyer. Everything LE was doing was at the request of the Petito family. LE would have kept the Petito's informed of what actions they were taking. I can't remember which visit it was that the Laundries gave the attorneys card to LE. But which ever date it was, the Petito's would have known by the 12th.

Not to go too far down this particular rabbit hole, if he did do it, it's almost a relieved look, he has made it back home the family seems to be buying his story, even Cassie isn't questioning him.

Continued from above...

But that clock is ticking inside his head, and here comes the pressure again just a potential theory

giphy-downsized-large.gif

possibly, if she had been led to believe that bl and gp had broken up, she might not have wanted to discuss that around the kids because they loved her...idk, i'm really trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, and i could be wrong...

It isn't just you. I feel all of us are wrong about a great number of things lol. There are so few hard facts and the ones we think are hard facts get changed on us.

I just went back to look at some earlier news stories using a custom range date search. This article (September 13) mentions the van:

The white converted camper van that Petito was traveling in with her fiance, Brian Laundrie, was also recovered on Saturday night back in North Port at the home of Laundrie's parents, according to the North Port Police Department.

"We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd," the North Port Police Department said Tuesday. "So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers."

Florida police call missing woman's case 'odd;' van found at fiancé's family's home after couple's road trip

Since it was Gabby's van why couldn't her dad/mom etc give the cops permission to search it? Did they have to get a warrant to search? I don't know that's why i am asking
Maybe because the van was registered in her name only, as far as we know. Her body had not been found yet, and no one knew where she was. Police had no reason to search it yet, except that her parents had reported her missing. They probably needed more than that to get a warrant.

Answer me this:

How is flying from Utah to Florida and back cheaper than continuing to pay rent on a storage locker? And if it's a storage locker, do you really need more than one person to empty it?
I’m thinking it was a court date that would require his presence. Almost nothing else makes sense to me. But I’m not an attorney. Is there a way to keep prior issues with LE (e.g. shoplifting) hidden from public view, which he explains why BL doesn’t appear to have a criminal record? Could he have got some kind of plea deal where the crime was removed from his record if he did some community service and/or took, say, an anger management class and/or paid a fine? And the trip back to Florida was a court date wrapping it up?
Or maybe something in NY, which may explain why the Laundries had prior experience with the attorney?
I can’t see him agreeing to an appointment with, say, a doctor. IMO he’s unlikely to believe there’s anything wrong with him. He’s one of those “special snowflakes”.
The only thing I can think of is a court date where he had to appear in person.
How about 40 hours of community service and/or a court-ordered anger management class during those several days?

They both did. Publix I believe.

"According to [Rose] Davis, Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working, after the two had quit their jobs at a nearby Publix with the pandemic's onset.

"He could keep an eye on her at Publix," Davis says. "He didn't want her to work, and she did. And he was mad about it. And he always tried to get what he wanted and he did, because he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

do we have the pic of BL supposedly running from his house on the 17th.
This is the same day a picture went around of an alleged Brian Laundrie sighting walking out in the woods behind his home before police arrived. He had headphones in, shades on, and sweatpants. I remember reading about someone on FB who wrote that Brian took off on foot when people started showing up. A friend of theirs is a neighbor of the parents and got a kid on live feed showing pictures of him walking down the street with sunglasses and headphones. She says he couldn’t have gone far on foot from North Port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot stop thinking about the photo CL shared with the protesters of BL and her son at the campground. In the photo BL is wearing a red scarf on his head. Dennis Davis, the hiker who allegedly talked with BL, stated that the person he saw and thought was BL was wearing something on his head which he describes as a bandanna or something similar as I believe there may be variations in his interviews, which also makes sense as it is not typically how an american would wear one, it is tied almost like they do in the middle east. I am SO curious if he remembers what color it was. My apologies if this has already been discussed, and if so if someone could kindly link me to that post. TY

Speculation about Brian's Aug17-23rd trip home:

The weather in SLC was bad then right? Wasn't it 100º and wildfire evacuations across the lake? Maybe they decided to get out of the smoke and stay in a hotel and finish the video, Brian maybe was against that? Or they needed something from storage (clothing? computer/video equipment?), And B was like OK I hate hotels, you stay with the van, finish the video, I'll go to Florida real quick and 'do the thing I need to do'.... I'll get a ticket, look this one's cheap...see ya in a week!

They might have had a lot saved up. I know if I were living with my bf's parents, I'd work my *advertiser censored* off and want to prove myself. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities they could afford it. Also, the parents could have helped but it doesn't sound like they got too much help from the folks.

So he does the thing (does he seem weirdly close to his family or is it just me?). They were communicating while he was gone (as per Cassie). What did Gabby do for a week alone in a hotel? We know for sure the video, but that was posted the 19th...so...what did she do Friday the 20th-Monday the 23rd? Maybe Brian got jealous or suspicious she had fun without him? I would be getting nails and hair done and going shopping, IMO. I would want to look good for my man. And that Monarch post shows that...she's all did up with heels and a pretty outfit new necklace and a fresh pedicure. Maybe instead of turning him on, he got mad about extra money being spent...not agreeing with buying new clothes...maybe he wondered who she was trying to impress because obviously Brian wouldn't be impressed by hair makeup and new clothes...? They were on a date there after the long separation? Maybe?

Did Gabby take those pics without Brian? Like, did she go there alone that weekend? and then post a few days later? It's only 40 minutes from SLC and would be something fun to do alone to visit the shops and stuff around there. But...also sounds like Gabby didn't like driving the van. I don't know what I'm saying...just speculating about reasons why B went to FL and what happened when he got back. IMO!

The first thought I had was that they couldn't talk about GP because of what her brother had done to her. I don't believe anyone knew she was dead on the 6th except the person who participated in her homicide and those who were helping that person afterwards. IMO.

At that time, no one knew anything except what BL told them. I'm not so sure the parents knew the truth. That may have been the reason he left, because his parents were putting 2xand 2 together and asking questions after 9/11. I personally think they gave the lawyer card to police because they thought it was a bad breakup and didnt want to be involved, but were giving BL a lawyer in case Gabby and parents were coming after him over it. And I believe Cassie and think it was horrible all those people were harassing her at home like that. The guy from Nation news was intense in his questioning, not even stopping half the time to listen to her answers,, all the while a lady behind him spitting out angry questions too. In this "my rights" national division, it occurs to me no one was thinking about hers or her husband's and kids. She seemed to have no choice but to speak so there wouldn't be violence at her home! All the people demanding answers have gotten pretty hateful and scary. I understand their feelings, but I don't think the public should be doing that, its the job of the police and FBI. I'm not sure why its allowed!

Speculation about Brian's Aug17-23rd trip home:

The weather in SLC was bad then right? Wasn't it 100º and wildfire evacuations across the lake? Maybe they decided to get out of the smoke and stay in a hotel and finish the video, Brian maybe was against that? Or they needed something from storage (clothing? computer/video equipment?), And B was like OK I hate hotels, you stay with the van, finish the video, I'll go to Florida real quick and 'do the thing I need to do'.... I'll get a ticket, look this one's cheap...see ya in a week!

They might have had a lot saved up. I know if I were living with my bf's parents, I'd work my *advertiser censored* off and want to prove myself. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities they could afford it. Also, the parents could have helped but it doesn't sound like they got too much help from the folks.

So he does the thing (does he seem weirdly close to his family or is it just me?). They were communicating while he was gone (as per Cassie). What did Gabby do for a week alone in a hotel? We know for sure the video, but that was posted the 19th...so...what did she do Friday the 20th-Monday the 23rd? Maybe Brian got jealous or suspicious she had fun without him? I would be getting nails and hair done and going shopping, IMO. I would want to look good for my man. And that Monarch post shows that...she's all did up with heels and a pretty outfit new necklace and a fresh pedicure. Maybe instead of turning him on, he got mad about extra money being spent...not agreeing with buying new clothes...maybe he wondered who she was trying to impress because obviously Brian wouldn't be impressed by hair makeup and new clothes...? They were on a date there after the long separation? Maybe?

Did Gabby take those pics without Brian? Like, did she go there alone that weekend? and then post a few days later? It's only 40 minutes from SLC and would be something fun to do alone to visit the shops and stuff around there. But...also sounds like Gabby didn't like driving the van. I don't know what I'm saying...just speculating about reasons why B went to FL and what happened when he got back. IMO!
It doesn't seem like they had much saved up. According to GP's mom, both her and GP's dad were providing them money on their trip:

"And I supported her on all of that, even every once and a while when she needed help moneywise and stuff, because it was a really expensive trip. I helped her out a little bit here and there. So did her father. But they were having a great time."

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

May not be anything given that Gabby had lived in FL. Maybe she was just cold.
IIRC The Atty said something on the lines of it was from a "local" place, so I'm thinking it was more like her favorite sweatshirt from or near her hometown on Long Island in NY.
Imo, if her family could identify her via THAT FAVORITE sweatshirt it had to have been pretty darn specific.
I had thought, up until now, that her jewelry would be used to identify her & for all we know it could have been also... but my gut says: If BL could so easily take & use her van & debit card... I would not be surprised if he took her jewelry too. :(

At that time, no one knew anything except what BL told them. I'm not so sure the parents knew the truth. That may have been the reason he left, because his parents were putting 2xand 2 together and asking questions after 9/11. I personally think they gave the lawyer card to police because they thought it was a bad breakup and didnt want to be involved, but were giving BL a lawyer in case Gabby and parents were coming after him over it. And I believe Cassie and think it was horrible all those people were harassing her at home like that. The guy from Nation news was intense in his questioning, not even stopping half the time to listen to her answers,, all the while a lady behind him spitting out angry questions too. In this "my rights" national division, it occurs to me no one was thinking about hers or her husband's and kids. She seemed to have no choice but to speak so there wouldn't be violence at her home! All the people demanding answers have gotten pretty hateful and scary. I understand their feelings, but I don't think the public should be doing that, its the job of the police and FBI. I'm not sure why its allowed!

When a young woman has her life snuffed out in a senseless act of violence, many people see the young women in their lives in her and wonder who could commit such a horrible, inhumane act. Throw in the fact that the person who was supposed to love that young woman who was also the last person to see her alive refused to help her family get any answers and then went on the run. When all of that is considered, I think that everyone has been incredibly restrained and those who want answers deserve to ask the questions. All of those questions can't be answered at the moment but they have every right to ask them. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddie01134