Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So funny story that just happened to me. It’s KINDA off topic but kinda not.

I was in my old neighborhood with my old neighbors over there. (Mind you I live about an hour east of BL) We went out for a ride to try and get their baby to sleep and we get back and a vacant house (my old house ironically) across the street was lit up and a van was in the driveway with the hood up. So I call it in to dispatch and describe the dude (yep, bald with a beard, it was dark and I couldn’t see his hands) because as far as everyone knew nobody was supposed to be in that house. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BL! So we’re standing outside and my neighbor starts whispering that the sheriffs were walking up the road to the house. I turn around and they have the K9 and running. They go up and announce themselves and the dog is going NUTS! Then about 6 more deputies come walking up. They come over and talk to me asking questions and when they finally figured out the people were allowed to be there, I told the deputy that talked to me that I was sorry. It seemed suspicious and there’s kids that live right around. So, he says it’s okay. I said please tell the k9 I’m sorry for wasting his time, I didn’t realize the whole dang department was gonna come out. He looked me dead in the face and says.. “it’s okay, all LE is on alert. We had so much back up because we thought it could have been Brian Laundrie.” I kinda giggled to myself because.. well, I’m on Websleuths! I was like “yeah that would be WEIRD!”
That's good to know. It's good hear something good instead of bad (like no call back 3 days after a tip with someone who says he's talking to him in real-time, or not having eyes on him). It's encouraging. Thanks for sharing. MOO

So funny story that just happened to me. It’s KINDA off topic but kinda not.

I was in my old neighborhood with my old neighbors over there. (Mind you I live about an hour east of BL) We went out for a ride to try and get their baby to sleep and we get back and a vacant house (my old house ironically) across the street was lit up and a van was in the driveway with the hood up. So I call it in to dispatch and describe the dude (yep, bald with a beard, it was dark and I couldn’t see his hands) because as far as everyone knew nobody was supposed to be in that house. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BL! So we’re standing outside and my neighbor starts whispering that the sheriffs were walking up the road to the house. I turn around and they have the K9 and running. They go up and announce themselves and the dog is going NUTS! Then about 6 more deputies come walking up. They come over and talk to me asking questions and when they finally figured out the people were allowed to be there, I told the deputy that talked to me that I was sorry. It seemed suspicious and there’s kids that live right around. So, he says it’s okay. I said please tell the k9 I’m sorry for wasting his time, I didn’t realize the whole dang department was gonna come out. He looked me dead in the face and says.. “it’s okay, all LE is on alert. We had so much back up because we thought it could have been Brian Laundrie.” I kinda giggled to myself because.. well, I’m on Websleuths! I was like “yeah that would be WEIRD!”
Well that is priceless and well done to your local LE !

That's good to know. It's good hear something good instead of bad (like no call back 3 days after a tip with someone who says he's talking to him in real-time, or not having eyes on him). It's encouraging. Thanks for sharing. MOO
And like I said, I just described the guy. Never ever mentioned anything about BL. And I also told them there was a woman.

Maybe they didn't camp. Maybe he carried her and staged it. It is possible. And stage as in burn evidence. I just hope he did not try to burn her. I'm sorry for being graphic but IMO this does happen. It doesn not look like this was the case here but he might have burned other evidence if they found remnants of a "campfire". MOO IMO JMO
I don't think he hung around for very long after he killed her. He went on an ill-equipped "hike" soon after, to find a shower (and maybe an ATM?) and possibly ditched any obvious evidence along his "hike".. jmo
I don’t know but the way her stepfather paints the scene there must have been one. He said her body was next to the fire circle and near the spot where he would have put a tent (for the views).
That is a scenario that step dad has in his head, it may or may not be what the actual scenario was. There is no confirmation that the fire pit and/or tent had anything to do with the scene or each other. It is step dad speculating, as we do all the time, but he doesn't know for sure and neither do we. jmo

Last edited:
I’ve wondered if he had a gun and she was shot considering her death is homicide - we are waiting on the how? jmo
(Note - no link because by now, we all know Gabby is dead because of homicidal violence -make no mistake JMO)

I was surprised to learn that a homicide MOD doesn't mean murder or even criminal conduct. Someone posted a link clarifying that a homicide MOD just means that the death was caused by a person. That said, I've mentioned a bunch of times that my personal opinion about this case will depend on the COD -- which we probably won't know for quite some time.

Last edited:
I don't usually watch "Dr. Phil" but I did today because he had Gabby's parents and step parents on. One thing that I found interesting was her stepfather talked about how he created the cross made of stones where her body was found. He said he placed it in the exact place where he was told her body had been and he placed the cross directly over the area where her torso had been and he was told the direction where her head was facing and he placed a stone and flowers there at the top. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but to me this sounds like her body was pretty much intact. It's about 7 and a half minutes into the video.

There is a link to a press story several threads back that said Gabby’s body was intact. I remember being somewhat surprised to hear that.

I’ve wondered if he had a gun and she was shot considering her death is homicide - we are waiting on the how? jmo
(Note - no link because by now, we all know Gabby is dead because of homicidal violence -make no mistake JMO)

Ive wondered if they know the COD and if they are looking for the weapon to support it.

It was a TINY campfire, with a few burned twigs and some ash, it wasn't the size you would burn much in let alone a body.
Well, that's good. I did not see any evidence that would have indicated that he would have tried to conceal her death this way but know IMOO that it has happened before. MOO

If there were any untruth to the flight dates, I really believe it would have been reported/released by LE already because flight manifests are SUPER EASY to confirm. I'd have to say the flight back to FL and back to UT are accurate.
I’ve only seen the flights home and back told by the Laundrie family and their lawyer. GP’s family won’t respond to that question. Also the lawyer throwing in the part about his flights being paid by both of them because they shared costs sounds like he’s building a defense for BL using her CC/ATM after her death. IMO.

If he wanted to take a fake trail for LE to follow, he should have put Gabby's body in the van and ditched it somewhere down a cliff to look like an accident. Instead, he left her dead in the field, used her credit cards on the way home, and parked the van in his driveway. Not too smart. BL is no criminal al mastermind, for sure. JMOO

This ! He is a doofus for sure.

I think she was of average height and weight for her age, and that Brian was on the slight side. If you have a link otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected. If she died as a result of an attack by him, I think it was the result of an unfortunate fall or similar.
Being slight doesn't me you lack strength. Have you ever seen a 70 yr old rock climber holding themselves and pulling their body up with one hand. It takes hand grip and abdominal muscles etc. So, the reference to being slight does not mean weak or in ability to exert force.

Watch 70-Year-Old Solo Rock and Descend Face First - Gripped Magazine

If there were any untruth to the flight dates, I really believe it would have been reported/released by LE already because flight manifests are SUPER EASY to confirm. I'd have to say the flight back to FL and back to UT are accurate.
I’ve only seen the flights home and back told by the Laundrie family and their lawyer. GP’s family won’t respond to that question. Also the lawyer throwing in the part about his flights being paid by both of them because they shared costs sounds like he’s building a defense for BL using her CC/ATM after her death. IMO.

I don’t know. I just feel like her stepdad saw the way that it actually was. When he speaks he doesn’t equivocate at all. If he wasn’t sure I don’t think he would have expressed it that way.
I did not see the interview yet. It's on DVR only clips on Banfield and this was not one. But I don't get the sense he was ever at the scene when she was there. He was there after she was removed. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme