Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve considered this scenario and it’s good IMO but I do wonder if it was a couple of blows by BL and he left only to come back and find her deceased ? (Waiting for this scenario to come out should BL be alive) or he simply left her and she succumbed while he was “hiking”? - of course with the manner of death homicide I can only imagine there is an obvious weapon or an obvious injury to include broken bones ?
Sorry it’s just ugly no matter what
JMO

MOO He had a history of at least once grabbing her face. Its not much effort, if enraged, to move you hand a little lower and strangle her. Or, for the people fixated on the cellphone, he snatched it out of her hand and supplied blunt force trauma with it. And thats why her phone stopped working. But then, there are the texts from her phone.

It would appear that they set up a tent and campfire at that location, not that he carried her body there. If this is the case, then it seems likely the event happened very late on the 27th or sometime on the 28th and that he left her where she fell.
There was someone in the van closing the door at 6-6:30PM in the dash cam footage.

I’ve always thought this — maybe he thought between the text to Mom pinging somewhere and the digital trail leading to somewhere specific, the authorities would spend time searching for her elsewhere and maybe never find her in Grand Teton. Nothing he did was a fully thought through idea from the moment Gabby was murdered, clearly.
However, I guess that’s what makes this case so fascinating. Everything that he did was so bold, so dishonest, and so chaotic.
If he wanted to take a fake trail for LE to follow, he should have put Gabby's body in the van and ditched it somewhere down a cliff to look like an accident. Instead, he left her dead in the field, used her credit cards on the way home, and parked the van in his driveway. Not too smart. BL is no criminal al mastermind, for sure. JMOO

Same - I’m worried it was a beating and he left her - sigh
JMO

MOO He had a history of at least once grabbing her face. Its not much effort, if enraged, to move you hand a little lower and strangle her. Or, for the people fixated on the cellphone, he snatched it out of her hand and supplied blunt force trauma with it. And thats why her phone stopped working. But then, there are the texts from her phone.

I think he beat her and then grabbed her neck and didn’t let go until after she was dead.

Or did one of his parents have the wherewithal to shut it off or tell him to shut it off? IMO.
Hmm let’s say there’s a call/text or some other communication way they have? And he lets the parents know something bad has happened and their advice is to “drive her Van use her CC to get back home to FL”- I think they may give instruction about what else to do to cover up something perhaps ?
JMO

Man - I have camped more than 1 hour hike away from my car before.
Maybe they didn't camp. Maybe he carried her and staged it. It is possible. And stage as in burn evidence. I just hope he did not try to burn her. I'm sorry for being graphic but IMO this does happen. It doesn not look like this was the case here but he might have burned other evidence if they found remnants of a "campfire". MOO IMO JMO

I don't think they camped.
That was not a legal camping spot, and those dispersed campsites were busy enough they were getting monitored. That's why, as they were looking for a spot, the folks who took the video with the white van in it actually had to leave because there weren't any. They evidently assessed that LE were patrolling and you couldn't camp in a no-camp spot.
The van sat in that spot the entire weekend without being moved according to witnesses. One person said it looked abandoned. I am not even certain the spot they were in was an official numbered campsite. Yet, no ranger came through and ticketed it or had it towed. The wilderness isn't as policed as people might think. There just aren't enough rangers to patrol everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214