Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning WS Buds!
Nobody saw BL murder GP.
With a great lawyer, Brian could be back on the road in a few years.
After all, Robert Durst killed and dismembered Morris...and he walked.
All of this fugitive behavior is completely unnecessary.

Honestly, I’m having a hard time believing BL is in the Preserve.

The whole point of having a lead time is to get as far away as possible before LE came looking for him.

Why would you hide close to home?

It defies logic, and yet the search continues.

I don’t get it.

MOO

Hiding close to home, perhaps he could sneak in at night for a snack and some clean laundry.

Not even a prank necessarily. Vagrants live all over the place especially out in nature. Could be anyone who already lived there long before the GP/BL case.

Yep, that's why I put the "didn't get the memo the park is closed" in my original post.

LE, FBI, seem to disagree. They are asking BL’s Father to come in there to help. In such cases, LE often do not want close family members involved, especially if it is suspected they are aiding the person. That they are bringing in the Father, indicates that there is some evidence that BL is in there alive.
You don’t think they could be having Chris come in so they get some admission of guilt or a slip up on his part to peg he and Roberta with aiding and abetting? I’m assuming they already know if they are aiding and abetting assuming they bugged the house and are tracking calls. Do you think it’s an emotional tactic so that dad will be there to help with a negotiation team if and when they find him alive?

The whole point of having a lead time is to get as far away as possible before LE came looking for him.

I don’t get it.

MOO

BL is not exactly a mastermind career criminal. He likely killed GP when he lost his temper and control. He just jumped into HER van and used HER cards to rush gone to mama and papa and waited till her family realized something was wrong. Then he ran away, nearby. That Reserve is very close to his home. He ran to somewhere familiar. He apparently did walk abouts frequently in there. If he’s been there all this time , he’s done a danged good job eluding LE in there. They’ve put in quite an effort and can’t find him, but looks like they see fresh signs of someone in there that they can’t catch

You don’t think they could be having Chris come in so they get some admission of guilt or a slip up on his part to peg he and Roberta with aiding and abetting? I’m assuming they already know if they are aiding and abetting assuming they bugged the house and are tracking calls. Do you think it’s an emotional tactic so that dad will be there to help with a negotiation team if and when they find him alive?

No. I absolutely do not.

I don’t get it.

MOO
That's why I don't think they'll find him alive. He could've taken off on 9/1 if he was always planning to run and just picked up his supplies on the go. He's not a genius that has fooled FBI. He's dead somewhere and has been since 9/13. Buzzards had time to do their thing and move on. It's a lot harder to find him when he's not moving.
All JMO, of course!

Last edited:
Hiding close to home, perhaps he could sneak in at night for a snack and some clean laundry.
Having a clean shirt on would be the least of his worries in fact he probably would want to be as dirty and smelly as possible to blend in with nature and surroundings. He’s probably coated in mud to keep the bugs off. IF he’s in the reserve..

Good Morning WS Buds!
Nobody saw BL murder GP.
With a great lawyer, Brian could be back on the road in a few years.
After all, Robert Durst killed and dismembered Morris...and he walked.
All of this fugitive behavior is completely unnecessary.

Yes! After the Anthony debacle, murderers should know if they make themselves available to LE and never admit to anything, decent counsel could make it all go away. He has pretty much blown this option. IMO.

One of the Newsday articles yesterday, I believe, contained a statement to the effect that the parents haven't been making public appeals because they don't believe BL is watching the news and is just camping. Who knows if that is true or not, but it stuck out to me because it was the first time i had seen any sort of explanation for why they were not making public appeals. JMO
I can understand that but I still would on the chance that the message would get to him through someone else, leave no stone unturned theory. SB could make the statement, assuming he gets it right ;), on their behalf.

When asked on CNN whether Laundrie’s parents believe he’s in the reserve or another area, Bertolino said: “No, they don’t believe he’s in another area. They believe he is in the preserve.
Police searching for Brian Laundrie find fresh camp in Carlton Reserve
if he is in there and LE is closing in, it’s so wise and proactive to have Brian’s dad there at the scene. Brian must be, at a very minimum, severely dehydrated and weak. His breathing my be labored and walking must be tiresome with his legs in pain. He may be at a point where physical exhaustion is occurring. His mind may be struggling with indecision as to his next step. Does he have a plan in place to leave this world on his own accord, just in case? Why were armed police with body armor first searching? What if he does get cornered? What will he do? Will he just walk out with his arms raised? Will he turn and run? I don’t think anyone wants Brian to die. I don’t. If he is indeed suicidal, who else could talk him down but his dad? I remember a case somewhere, not in this country where they put the mom’s voice on a loudspeaker that could be heard throughout the search area. Oh yeah, I think it was Nora’s case. I can’t remember her last name right now but she was a young girl. perhaps Brian’s dad could record a heartfelt message…

I was considerig this earlier. LE may think by seperating them, they may get better (or any) answers/clues. They may have identified the father as a weak link. Who knows?

So, do you believe he’s just being asked to help because FBI thinks he could be helpful???

IMO he was never asked in the first place. The attorney seems to be throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. Their lawyer could claim whatever he wants. Whether it will ever be presented in court as fact is something completely different. IMO.

When asked on CNN whether Laundrie’s parents believe he’s in the reserve or another area, Bertolino said: “No, they don’t believe he’s in another area. They believe he is in the preserve.
Police searching for Brian Laundrie find fresh camp in Carlton Reserve
if he is in there and LE is closing in, it’s so wise and proactive to have Brian’s dad there at the scene. Brian must be, at a very minimum, severely dehydrated and weak. His breathing my be labored and walking must be tiresome with his legs in pain. He may be at a point where physical exhaustion is occurring. His mind may be struggling with indecision as to his next step. Does he have a plan in place to leave this world on his own accord, just in case? Why were armed police with body armor first searching? What if he does get cornered? What will he do? Will he just walk out with his arms raised? Will he turn and run? I don’t think anyone wants Brian to die. I don’t. If he is indeed suicidal, who else could talk him down but his dad? I remember a case somewhere, not in this country where they put the mom’s voice on a loudspeaker that could be heard throughout the search area. Oh yeah, I think it was Nora’s case. I can’t remember her last name right now but she was a young girl. perhaps Brian’s dad could record a heartfelt message…
This is what I’m thinking may be part of the reason too. Maybe dad didn’t get to help yesterday because BL moved and was not found.

I don’t get it.

MOO
I guess I feel like BL going to the reserve kind of fits his behavior pattern. Imo, he had been acting impulsively in the weeks leading up to GP's death, and also in the days after (ie. driving back to FL using her debit cards). He doesn't appear to be using much forethought. If he had put much thought into his escape, he could have sneaked out of his parents' house and walked to Myakkahatchee, instead of telling his parents where he was going and parking the Mustang there for all to see. It was potentially an impulsive decision made within, possibly, 36 hours of GP's mother filing a missing person report.

This is all my opinion, but I am not of the belief that BL or his parents planned a great escape, planted the Mustang, or lied to the feds.

LE, FBI, seem to disagree. They are asking BL’s Father to come in there to help. In such cases, LE often do not want close family members involved, especially if it is suspected they are aiding the person. That they are bringing in the Father, indicates that there is some evidence that BL is in there alive.
That's true. Honestly, I can't wrap my head around that in any scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13