Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is CL claiming to look for BL so far west in the Reserve? Is that where BL preferred to take hikes? Does CL even know where BL preferred to take hikes? Or is it just another deceiving Laundrie attempt at throwing LE off BL’s trail and/or his possible whereabouts?

Why do you think CL was claiming to look "so far west in the Reserve"?

Could he have been looking at the east end, near to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where the Mustang was abandoned?

Last edited:
In the past, the Petito family seemed to indicate that they were staying relatively quiet due to a LE request. Of course, her dad was on Dr. Phil the first time and they'd done other press, but it's really ratcheting up now.

I wonder if they've been told that the "media embargo" can end or if they are doing it on their own volition.

Cassie has a lot of power here too. As others have noted, she is putting pressure on Brian to turn himself in. She isn't unequivocally saying he's innocent. She's releasing very heartwarming information about Gabby.

Right now, she's the only Laundrie that we hear from. She is now the representative for the Laundries to the media, even though she's not really firmly on her family's side. I think that's why her parents are trying to take the narrative back because they don't trust her to be out there saying these things. If she knows about something illegal they've done in assisting Brian, they could be in panic mode that she'll tell LE.

My opinion.

You don't think they would put these resources into a recovery just to put this whole thing to bed? I know the State of Florida and local LE probably doesn't have an interest in saving the Feds money in terms of trial, appeal, prison, etc. But maybe the FBI does? But I have a very limited understanding of you would foot the bill for those various pieces.

I don't believe there would be a trial in Florida. The crimes happened in Wyoming on Federal Land. The fraud charges also came out of Wyoming.

If the CNN report about LE coming across a recent campsite yesterday is accurate, then I'm going to assume they are using tracking dogs, taking samples for potential DNA, etc. to confirm it was BL's. But, from my understanding, the FBI was asking for BL's father's assistance prior to them finding the campsite, which means they probably really do want help knowing his favorite trails and spots rather than wanting his help talking BL out, identifying items, etc. Jmo.

I'm also going to assume they will ask for his help in only a limited capacity. I don't think the FBI's intention is for CL to come across his son's remains, watch him shoot himself, or get caught in the crossfire.

If the CNN report about LE coming across a recent campsite yesterday is accurate, then I'm going to assume they are using tracking dogs, taking samples for potential DNA, etc. to confirm it was BL's. But, from my understanding, the FBI was asking for BL's father's assistance prior to them finding the campsite, which means they probably really do want help knowing his favorite trails and spots rather than wanting his help talking BL out, identifying items, etc. Jmo.

I'm also going to assume they will ask for his help in only a limited capacity. I don't think the FBI's intention is for CL to come across his son's remains, watch him shoot himself, or get caught in the crossfire.

I mean, maybe? And who am I to tell the FBI how to do their job, but wouldn't that be among the first things you'd do when you try to find someone? "Oh, Mr. Laundrie, your son is missing and you said he was going hiking. Can you tell me what he liked to do in the reserve or favorite spots we can start checking first?" It seems a little late to be asking those questions weeks in.

Personally, I also don't see the "on-site" assistance is somehow more useful than verbally telling someone where to check. If they've exhausted the verbal spots they were told before and still can't find him, what's the dad going to do? Look behind a different tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89