Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding of the situation was that the exemption for family doesn't apply as the charges aren't being brought at the state level but at the federal level. MOO

Charges can be brought at both levels I think, when both the State and FBI are investigating.

Last edited:
"I think she was of average height and weight for her age, and that Brian was on the slight side. If you have a link otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected. If she died as a result of an attack by him, I think it was the result of an unfortunate fall or similar."

not sure how to carry over a quote...

Gabby is not average, she's tiny. And Brian is 60 lbs heavier, with quite large hands IMO. He could easily have killed her and carried her around. He is average, she is well below the average size of a woman, IMO. Also, if it were an accident Brian wouldn't be running...also, nowhere to fall from, where she was found. It was flat and sandy.

I also think Gabby was average height and weight for her age. About what I was at her age, although I was an inch taller. That is not "tiny" IMO. (Tiny is about 5' nothing, 100 lb IMO). LE has BL at 5'8" but I believe he was taller than that, probably about 5'10" if you look at photos of them together, he appears anywhere from 4-5" taller than her even barefoot. I think LE got his height wrong in the missing persons description of him.

IMO

But yes he was obviously stronger than Gabby, mostly in his upper body strength and his arms especially. He could have easily overpowered her.

IMO she was “out there” because she was trying to get away from him. He caught up to her.
I don't recall any cases where someone tried to outrun a faster person by heading off into a deserted area with difficult footing over a stream, the instinct is to run down a road toward safety and help of other campers.

Good points about the money. Money can really be a trigger.
Also, I think he was still fuming about Gabby going into the restaurant and apologizing for him. Who was she to speak for him, huh? No one does that to me, and certainly not her.
And when she was sitting in the police car, all she could do was whine, whine, whine.
And I'm sick of her talking about her blog, not wanting a speck of dirt in her van, and worrying about her money.
He was angry, angry, angry.

I think he slapped her a time or two and then strangled the life out of her.

Lately, the more I think about this, I think it was very violent and unexpected. It may have been an accident, or unplanned on his part. I don't think they argued about money and he just decided to kill her. I think it's possible he even accidentally strangled her as he did something horrible to her in the tent. They did have a tent they slept in. I don't believe they slept in the van, there just wasn't room. I can see him setting it up and it all happening in there. The later photos I see of BL give me the creeps, especially the one where he's with his nephews at the campground. He knows what he did and there he is smiling with his nephews. IMO
In my mind, he proved his guilt the moment he left Wyoming without her.

I also think Gabby was average height and weight for her age. About what I was at her age, although I was an inch taller. That is not "tiny" IMO. (Tiny is about 5' nothing, 100 lb IMO). LE has BL at 5'8" but I believe he was taller than that, probably about 5'10" if you look at photos of them together, he appears anywhere from 4-5" taller than her even barefoot. I think LE got his height wrong in the missing persons description of him.

IMO

But yes he was obviously stronger than Gabby, mostly in his upper body strength and his arms especially. He could have easily overpowered her.
I can't see LE getting it wrong. I do believe they're probably right. If you compare him to the Officers you can see he's not very tall.

Lately, the more I think about this, I think it was very violent and unexpected. It may have been an accident, or unplanned on his part. I don't think they argued about money and he just decided to kill her. I think it's possible he even accidentally strangled her as he did something horrible to her in the tent. They did have a tent they slept in. I don't believe they slept in the van, there just wasn't room. I can see him setting it up and it all happening in there. The later photos I see of BL give me the creeps, especially the one where he's with his nephews at the campground. He knows what he did and there he is smiling with his nephews. IMO
In my mind, he proved his guilt the moment he left Wyoming without her.
How do you "accidentally strangle" someone? It takes quite a few minutes so I can't see how that could ever be classed as an accident.

Like you, I do think that maybe it was an accident or unplanned.

I agree. I think BL is not very stable, and extremely immature, but to me, there is no evidence that he was not in love with her, or planned to harm her. It is probably the case of a huge accidental tragedy.

Post her death, he was, likely, absolutely terrified, and perhaps, dissociating. I wonder if periodically, he’d be in denial about her demise,
Love doesn't kill . Love builds one up, love is sacrifice. If this is a form of "love" then I guess I must not know what love means these these days. Self love I can see happening here. But Love for another no way.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Last edited:
Not sure if BL's pinterest can be linked here but the pins about "things to burn off" having tattoos in it. Anybody think that maybe that fire that was there where Gabby was found could have been him trying to burn off his tats?

That would be a 3rd degree burn. He'd literally have to burn his skin off. Didn't see anything like that in the campsite photo with his nephews.

IMO

Gabby was about 5'5" and weighed between 110 and 119 lbs (54 kg)... Brian is actually only about 5'9" with size 9 shoes, and weighs between 143 and 154 lbs. <modsnip>, he's also a bit of a weakling with relatively thin and undeveloped arms.

All the speculation about how anything may have transpired leads nowhere now. What really matters is that Brian is captured, and I feel like that could happen today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see LE getting it wrong. I do believe they're probably right. If you compare him to the Officers you can see he's not very tall.

This photo is from her Instagram account. ...
She is wearing shoes, he is barefoot. I see more than a 3" discrepancy in height there. Especially with her wearing shoes. IMO

Attachments

• BrianHeight1.png
    BrianHeight1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs
In an ideal world maybe. In the real world love comes in many forms. There is no "normal" where love is concerned.

Gabby Petito’s parents couldn’t stomach 911 call over domestic incident: ‘I didn’t listen to the whole thing'
Published 13 hours ago

Joe Petito sat down with Dr. Phil McGraw for the second part of a wide-ranging interview that aired Wednesday, along with Gabby Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt, and her stepparents, Tara Petito and Jim Schmidt.

"I want to see him in a jail cell for the rest of his life."

That was Joe Petito's message on Wednesday to Brian Laundrie if the former fiancé of his slain daughter had anything to do with her death.

They discussed their desire for Brian Laundrie to be apprehended alive, what they are planning with the Gabby Petito Foundation, and their reaction to a 911 call for a domestic incident between the couple.

During that 911 call, a witness told dispatch that he saw Gabby and Brian fighting over a phone and "the gentleman was slapping the girl."

"I didn't listen to the whole call. I can't do it," Joe said in the interview Wednesday. "I just can't do it."

Gabby's mom agreed, saying that she was "angry because it didn't make any sense."

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-05%20at%2010.45.54%20AM.png

From left to right: step-mother Tara Petito, father Joe Petito, step-father James Schmidt, mother Nicole Schimdit (CBS)

"I just hope he's found," Joe said Wednesday. "I want to see him in a jail cell for the rest of his life, where he's an outdoorsman being in that concrete cell."

"I want to look him in the eyes," Nichole said.

"One of the worst things you can do is to just separate them for eight hours and then put them back together," Dr. Phil said in Wednesday's interview. "That escalates the violence. It doesn't de-escalate the violence. And that was exactly what was done in this situation."

Last edited:
IMO she was “out there” because she was trying to get away from him. He caught up to her.
Well from the way her stepdad described how you get out to where she was, I don’t see Brian trying to carry her body through there. And he said something about she was found where the tent would’ve been, or next to the next (I don’t remember exactly what he said).

what could Chris actually do in a search though?
like walk around yelling out 'Brian! Brian!'?

I mean if it was someone I loved missing that is what I would want to do
but I don't how useful it would actually be?
Maybe they think that if Brian hears somehow that his dad is coming to search, that he will make himself known since it’s his daddy? IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member