Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from the way her stepdad described how you get out to where she was, I don’t see Brian trying to carry her body through there. And he said something about she was found where the tent would’ve been, or next to the next (I don’t remember exactly what he said).

I was reading today that she was right now to an area with a fire ring made out of rocks. So it sounds likely they were having a fire (or she was).

I don’t mean this as to confront you, but just jumping off your post.
And then what? Hide out until? He can’t come out and get a job, or a place, and he can’t camp out forever. Won’t he eventually want a shower? Clean clothes? I think he’s either far, far away or he committed suicide.
Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)

Someone could have taken him in and/or are helping him.

There are people like that who would help their friend avoid detection. Or help a stranger avoid LE just because they hate LE etc...

How could anyone capable of not only killing her but leaving her body in that lonely place for animals to consume then using her cc, and ignoring her worried parents be anything except at the least a sociopath?
Jmo
I don't think he expected to get "caught" by social media cameras that showed the exact location of the van. I'm not sure what fable he expected to spin, if Gabby was never found, or how he was planning to explain to the world that he somehow "lost track" of Gabby's location. The Petito attorney stated on Dr. Phil, Brian is making himself look guilty by running.
Only my thoughts.

I was reading today that she was right now to an area with a fire ring made out of rocks. So it sounds likely they were having a fire (or she was).
Yes I think he said she was right next to that plus there were markings from a tent. I remember hearing something about the tent. I say he either came up on her and strangled her or he bashed her head in with a rock. So that means he (they) either packed up their campsite BEFORE he killed her, or he took the time afterwards. JMO since he’s just considered a POI.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I haven't seen anything to this point that indicates that he planned to kill her, or thought about it long enough to meet the criteria for first degree murder.

I see nothing but panic in his post-offense behavior, which I would expect if they had an argument that escalated, and he didn't know what to do next.

We have this prior incident of abuse, and I don't doubt there were ones that preceded that.

But looking at that Moab encounter, it's clear to me that things were volatile, and I can easily picture a blowout fight that resulted in murder (which is what I mean when I say "crime of passion").

That's not to say that I think premeditated murder is off the table, but I think it's far less likely than the alternative.
It only takes a second for murder to become 1st degree. If you put your hands around someone's throat, that doesn't kill them right away.
Strangulation Can Leave Long-Lasting Injuries
The power of controlling a victim’s next breath makes strangulation a frequent tactic for abusers. It can take less than 10 seconds for a person to lose consciousness as a result of strangulation, and death can occur in just under five minutes.
The person doing the strangling is making a second-by-second, minute-by-minute decision to continue the process of killing someone. That's 1st degree. Same goes for multiple stab wounds, gunshots, beatings.

MOO.

I agree. I think BL is not very stable, and extremely immature, but to me, there is no evidence that he was not in love with her, or planned to harm her. It is probably the case of a huge accidental tragedy.

Post her death, he was, likely, absolutely terrified, and perhaps, dissociating. I wonder if periodically, he’d be in denial about her demise,
There is no evidence that he DID love her, IMO. This was a sick attachment. What would be the huge, accidental tragedy? VERY unlikely that he pushed her and then she immediately died. Beating, gunshot, strangulation are much more likely than some freak accident. The manner of death is homicide...not an accident. All MOO.

Perhaps I am interpreting this wrong but, if state laws did apply, the Florida statute (777.03) people are referring to only applies the close relation exemption to Third degree felonies.

First and second degree felonies such as capital murder and felony murder wouldn't apply the exemption.

Look at how it's worded here at the Florida Senate.gov site.

Source: Chapter 777 Section 03 - 2018 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

This of course would be dependent on the charges BL ends up with.

Ive seen people citing this several times so here’s my question.

BL’s charge that he is currently facing is a Federal Charge.

If BL is the party that murdered Gabby (IMO he’s the guy), that will be a Federal Charge as Gabby was killed in a National Park.

If all the charges are Federal, are the parents protected by State Laws? I don’t think so. @Alathea

Today may be a key day with this. With B's Dad joining the search. Perhaps they are letting the Dad tag along as they think B may off himself if cornered and with the Dad there the Dad might be able to talk him into surrendering. MOO.

Bertolino also said Laundrie's dad, Chris, was asked to help law enforcement look for him at the reserve yesterday, however, Chris' involvement was postponed.

Bertolino sent a statement to Spectrum Bay News 9 that reads, "since the preserve has been closed to the public, Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. They are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

Bay News 9 reached out to North Port Police about the postponement. Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said, "The FBI is the lead. The NPPD would not be making these decisions and actions. The FBI would have to answer if that was true."
Timeline of Laundrie's disappearance off by one day; search continues

Bertolino also said Laundrie's dad, Chris, was asked to help law enforcement look for him at the reserve yesterday, however, Chris' involvement was postponed.

Bertolino sent a statement to Spectrum Bay News 9 that reads, "since the preserve has been closed to the public, Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. They are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

Bay News 9 reached out to North Port Police about the postponement. Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said, "The FBI is the lead. The NPPD would not be making these decisions and actions. The FBI would have to answer if that was true."
Timeline of Laundrie's disappearance off by one day; search continues

I think we have all been questioning the timeline of this latest development. MOO what if CL was asked to assist in locating BL weeks ago when they first reported him missing, it was still a North Port case at that time. The lawyer statement is accurate but the timing is weeks late. Now that the case is an FBI case that request for assistance is void (that ship has literally sailed). Are the parents responding to the call from GP's family to be active in the search and tried to resurrect a request for assistance they ignored or declined weeks ago.

Today may be a key day with this. With B's Dad joining the search. Perhaps they are letting the Dad tag along as they think B may off himself if cornered and with the Dad there the Dad might be able to talk him into surrendering. MOO.
Just seen on News Nation, The FBI has ask CL to help in the search, reporter is unsure of which day he will be helping.

I don't believe anything panned out from that. FBI didn't even go. They delegated it to local LE from what I understand. Not 100% sure. MOO. Someone please jump in if anything came of that campfire. Thx.

I still remain hopeful that it was a significant find. I don't think LE will confirm or deny anything until BL is found, but that doesn't necessarily mean the search yesterday was a bust. Finding signs of a fresh campsite/campfire/whatever in a park that has been closed for weeks is a good lead, IMO

That's really interesting. Is there a link you can share here? Might give us some better idea of what “happened.
The camp was] in an area where there are a few trees and there were the remnants of a fire ring there. You can see where the rocks had been moved to make a fire ring and there was a clearing where I would assume -- knowing that I have a similar tent -- that I would place my tent," he went on, then added. "Her body was found -- what would be -- in front of the tent if that’s what was there or in front of the fire ring.
Gabby Petito's Body Discovered Near Campsite A '5 Minute Walk' From Spot Where Her & Brian Laundrie's Van Was Likely Parked

It only takes a second for murder to become 1st degree. If you put your hands around someone's throat, that doesn't kill them right away.
Strangulation Can Leave Long-Lasting Injuries
The power of controlling a victim’s next breath makes strangulation a frequent tactic for abusers. It can take less than 10 seconds for a person to lose consciousness as a result of strangulation, and death can occur in just under five minutes.
The person doing the strangling is making a second-by-second, minute-by-minute decision to continue the process of killing someone. That's 1st degree. Same goes for multiple stab wounds, gunshots, beatings.

MOO.
While I get your point here, I don’t believe this meets the definition of 1st degree in every state. Although if this applied to BL & Gabby it would depend on what the federal charges require. I just wanted to clarify that unfortunately not all states allow for this with 1st degree. For example, NY only allows for 1st degree under specific circumstances. It’s one of the things that needs to be changed in the state IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme