Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)
I have always loved the story of Marcos Rodríguez Pantoja....he had one advantage over BL though, the FBI and the Florida State Police and the NPPD were not hot to nab Marcos..

No one knew Marcos was out there. .. and way before electronic surveillance, and drones, etc..

And.. Marcos was no thief and murderer... just a lost boy.

They say it was a recently used campfire. And the reserve has been closed since 21st September ... which is over 2 weeks.

So I wonder whose campfire it is. If it is not BL's campfire, there is another who is in there despite the reserve being closed.

Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

i keep seeing reference to a campFIRE, but the article mentions campSITE, with no description of what exactly was found...am i missing an actual reference to a fire? also, given the "source" being close to the laundries, i'm assuming this is their attorney, as he is presumably the only person close to the laundries who would haveany access to information regarding the investigation...but law enforcement hasn't confirmed this story AFAIK, so i'm not really sold on it...especially since this is supposedly the reason the father was not allowed to join the search...i feel that this story is just more BS from SB...moo

Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)
But BL is the type who likes to eat at restaurants when camping, and runs home to mommy when he’s made life tough for himself.
A feeling of entitlement tends to be counterproductive in the wild, IMO.

Far be it for me to suggest what a person can or cannot do, but if he doesn't have access to showers or clean clothes, he's going to be pretty disgusting by now. Personally, as I often say, I camp at the Hilton. BL may be more comfortable roughing it. MOO

I am going out on a limb here and predict he could not survive off the land. If he could ,I doubt he would have high tailed it home so fast. Unless it was to grab his bug out bag ,the one he didnt take across the great van tactular wilds.

Not necessarily.

Per Florida Statute 777.03, a person commits a felony offense when they assist an individual to evade detection, arrest, trial or punishment after the fact.

Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie, who now has a federal warrant out for his arrest for allegedly committing bank card fraud.

However, attorney Cory Baird told WESH-TV that while the parents are protected from any charges stemming from how they may have helped their son, "if they made misleading statements or lied to officers, obviously that’s a crime in Florida, and they’re not protected from that."

Florida state sure, but it's a Federal investigation they're impeding.

I swear I have whiplash from this case.o_O

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

“Josh Taylor, the North Port Police Department's chief spokesman, told Fox News that his department did not ask for Chris Laundrie's involvement – nor did police "postpone" it.

The rest of it says that ..... North Port police told CNN the FBI is the lead in the case and that the North Port Police Department would not be making those decisions or taking those actions.

(as per my previous link)

I swear I have whiplash from this case.o_O

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

“Josh Taylor, the North Port Police Department's chief spokesman, told Fox News that his department did not ask for Chris Laundrie's involvement – nor did police "postpone" it.
Exactly. This is a Federal case, and North Port would never step on the Feds toes by making such a bizarre request.

Even if this was their investigation, they would never do that.

"Here's an idea, let's ask the father of the fugitive to compromise the search for his son."

No.

what could Chris actually do in a search though?
like walk around yelling out 'Brian! Brian!'?

I mean if it was someone I loved missing that is what I would want to do
but I don't how useful it would actually be?

The articles say that they wanted him to show them what trails BL was known to use.

But once they found the recently used campsite they told him to hold off, they wanted to search alone.

There was reported to be a heightened FBI presence there today (as well as a pump-out truck, I believe). So it well may be that they found something that sparked their interest ... like a recently used campsite.

I think this is all damage control in response to CL speaking out and saying her parents should come clean. They may have thrown her under the bus, but she did a good job of throwing them back under it. And think about it, she has the power to keep them from seeing their grandsons. I think that might hold a lot of weight, especially if your son ends up being dead or in prison for decades. MOO.

what could Chris actually do in a search though?
like walk around yelling out 'Brian! Brian!'?

I mean if it was someone I loved missing that is what I would want to do
but I don't how useful it would actually be?
And why didn't he insist/volunteer to do it weeks ago? I think once again they may be aiding him in getting further away by saying only THEY know the secret place (rolling MOO eyes here).

My mistake. I am probably the guilty party for saying 'fire' incorrectly instead of saying 'campsite'. I originally heard it on Banfield tonight and now I've been seeing people post links from CNN.

i keep seeing reference to a campFIRE, but the article mentions campSITE, with no description of what exactly was found...am i missing an actual reference to a fire? also, given the "source" being close to the laundries, i'm assuming this is their attorney, as he is presumably the only person close to the laundries who would haveany access to information regarding the investigation...but law enforcement hasn't confirmed this story AFAIK, so i'm not really sold on it...especially since this is supposedly the reason the father was not allowed to join the search...i feel that this story is just more BS from SB...moo

Has anybody seen the florida law about abandoned cars? It says that a car is assumed abandoned after 5 days or longer. So, the mustang was either there longer or they got something else wrong. Parents lying about the 13th possibly? I will try to edit this and post the law if I find it before the edit button goes away.
It doesn’t say they won’t post a notice on the car for five days, just that you might have five days to move it. There is no overnight parking in that lot so that’s why it was ticketed.

RSBM
i keep seeing reference to a campFIRE, but the article mentions campSITE, with no description of what exactly was found...am i missing an actual reference to a fire? SB...moo

This was on Cuomo's show on CNN today. They showed a flat campsite area where a tent may have been placed, in front of which was a rough circle of stones which appeared to have the remains of a small campfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr