Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search - CNN

North Port Police say investigators did not find a campsite in the sprawling nature reserve that has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito.

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.

I keep going back to the fact that so far, there is no evidence her card was involved unless someone here knows the last four digits. The indictment doesn't name the owner, which is, well, interesting to me. Is this typical? MOO!
Gabby’s parents said that it was her card in their interview with Dr.Phil.

Another day. .. No Bri. This is now longer than the Siege of Lucknow.

Brian , assuming he is alive, must have some of the tweakiest technology going stuffed into his backpack, working at optimum energy to keep ahead and in front of ( what some claim to be ) the Worlds Best Criminal Chasing Org , with all their electronics.. Otherwise, we are all looking at a miracle.

I would like to know when the cheesy habit of not answering the phone began at the Laundrie homestead.. has it always been that way?>. the grocer rings.. your organic melons are in.. no answering. the dairy rings.. your low cal keto almond milk is in.. no answer.... or did this entire process, including the sister begin at the moment Brian rang with his hideous news about his own antisocial behaviour, now having descended into the realms of real capital crime?

And exactly when the lawyer was retained for this purpose, the deflection of all things Petito from the Laundrie's... This would tell us when Brian decided to carefully and smoothly drive a stolen van, with a stolen bankcard clear across country, all the time hoping the body of his former girfriend,, ( or Feeoncay, as Brian was strong on Gabby announcing this, to anyone, in Brian's hearing, it must have meant a lot to him) would not be found by any strolling passerby.

Did he leave for home immediately, or did he hang about to see if Gabby might resurrect herself?..

I don't always agree with you but I definitely enjoy reading your posts.

I honestly don’t know how they’re holding it together, I’d be a mess if this was me with my daughter who’s 19. To be as composed and united as they are is a testament to them. Truly and genuinely they’re incredible and I’ll add one million percent real and honest. I can totally empathise with them all. The stuff they’re doing for domestic violence is amazing, even getting the word out and the true facts of this type of violence, so hopefully we can all recognise it before it’s too late and so soon after gabby, hats off to them. I’m a victim from a previous relationship and I appreciate what they’re doing so much. Education I can’t plug it enough.

Oh, I could definitely see this being too much for anybody closely involved. What's that song's lyrics "Mama, we are all crazy now"

If GP's parents/stepfather was there during the 911 calls. I just thought of it. That probably means BL was probably still there at the house during this time as well. I wonder what went down?

I don’t think the 911 calls had anything to do with Gabby’s parents. I think that BL probably came clean with his parents and the <modsnip> hit the fan. Someone in that house wanted LE to know. I think his parents may have been afraid of him after that and were probably threatened.

eta MO

Last edited by a moderator:
New York Post summing up the day:

Brian Laundrie search: Cops deny claim of campsite found

Florida police on Thursday refuted reports that authorities searching a marshy nature reserve for fugitive Brian Laundrie had come upon remnants of a fresh campsite.

North Port Police Department spokesman Josh Taylor confirmed to The Post in an email that the report from CNN’s Chris Cuomo on Wednesday night was incorrect.

“No campsite has been located,” he wrote.
Mcguffin again.

Have been mulling the "what happened" around for a while, reading others' thoughts. Here's what I think FWIW. I do think GP and BL had another argument, likely at the site where she was found. And I think that BL may have shoved her, she fell and her head hit a rock with enough force to cause skull fracture/death. Or, he grabbed her by her hair and jerked her hard enough to break her neck.

Either of these scenarios would be enough to call her death homicide because it would be unlikely she did either to herself. But not enough evidence to say it's murder, because either could have happened with no intent to actually cause harm. And BL on the run because he is sure no one will believe him, which is highly probable.

Definitely don't see any premeditation. However, even an accident in the heat of the moment counts as manslaughter.

Yep, a rock seems plausible to me, or a flashlight. Maybe the arguments over several days had built up between them, and the one from the restaurant was still fresh in their minds. They might not even be speaking to each other but they were supposed to sleep in that little tent together. So maybe Gabby was depressed and sitting by the fire instead of sleeping and that ticked BL off again. It doesn't have to be some new fight or important fight to cause the ending of Gabby's poor life. Every argument they had seems mundane and petty in hindsight - fights over money, the phone, a friend, the blog, a dinner gone bad, etcetera. The truth is more horrific if the fight was over something unimportant, which it probably was.
Add to that...I recall BL telling the police at the Moab stop that GP was having issued with the bugs--I think he said flies. When reading some ratings on Spread Creek Campground, I saw a few comments relating to mosquitos--lots of mosquitos they said. Not getting along, and add getting eaten alive by mosquitos. And being wet and cold after walking across that creek to set up camp. So sad...

Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search - CNN

North Port Police say investigators did not find a campsite in the sprawling nature reserve that has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito.

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.

That "source close to the family" should be outed. MOO.

Oh, I could definitely see this being too much for anybody closely involved. What's that song's lyrics "Mama, we are all crazy now"
I’ll add that because of gabby I spoke to my daughter about a safe word that we now have and that I had never thought of before, if she’s ever in trouble she now knows to text me our word and I’ll track her on life 360 and call the police. All because of gabby.

O
Gabby Petito’s mother screamed at detective: ‘Where’s my daughter’

Gabby Petito’s mother says she erupted in anger when she was informed by police that Brian Laundrie had driven back to Floridawithout her daughter.

“I screamed at the detective, I said, ‘where’s my daughter’,” Nichole Schmidt told Fox News.

“The night I knew the van was in Florida, I instinctively knew that my daughter was not here anymore,” she said.

Beyond Heartbreaking
OMGoodness!!!
This is breaking my heart!!!

Maybe CL wasn't able to tell LE the exact trails and spots by just looking at a satellite map. If the two had hiked a lot of trails together, it doesn't necessarily mean CL had them memorized on or was good with a map.
I think they took him there to view the campsite and to ask him if it looked like BL's style, maybe?

Gabby wasn't responsible to provide him with hotel money because of that police stop. I think she's the one that had the money for this trip, but it's JMO on that count.

If he had his own money then it baffles me that he was using her account and stealing money so he could get back to Florida. I know I know other's have pointed it out often here, maybe he was giving Gabby money to put in her account for the trip. I'm only giving my opinion on how this trip was funded, I don't want or need a lecture about that possibility, it is what it is. In addition if it was indeed his money being removed by him after her death, a grand jury didn't think so and indicted him for it.

Something he will have to defend in court of law. imo
Do we know if either of them had a venmo account? My married son and his wife venmo each other all the time for stuff. I find it odd as my husband of 35 years and I consider "our" money to be, well, "ours". Seems it's different for young couples these days. MOO.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think even if you are married, you still have to have a joint account (with both names on it) to be authorized to withdraw funds from it. Especially after the death of the account holder. I think the account owner (obviously while alive) can apply to have a person added, but it's a complicated process. Even PoA doesn't trump these laws.

Banks are very strict about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member