Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever discuss the comment from CaL's interview abut BL not liking his phone. What does that mean? Have there been other similar suggestions to back that up?

Is Brian Laundrie Alive? One Seasoned Pro Says Yes — and Where He Thinks FBI Should Look Next

At least one seasoned investigator, a retired federal marshal with three decades of experience searching for -- and finding -- people who were on the run, says he doesn't think Laundrie was ever in the Carlton Reserve in the first place.

In an interview for News 4's The Debrief podcast, Craig Caine, who supervised members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force before his retirement from the U.S. Marshals Service, said he believes Laundrie was never in that nature preserve at all.

"I think it was all a ploy. He had plenty of time to calculate those moves," said Caine, who has no involvement in the Petito/Laundrie case but who offered an expert opinion based on 30-plus years working such mysteries in the United States and abroad.

Caine says there is one "critical moment that changed my mind" as far as where he thought the investigation would lead. In his view, it all comes back to that silver Ford Mustang Brian Laundrie's parents told police their son drove to the Carlton Reserve on Sept. 14. He left behind his phone, which the FBI has since confiscated.

Laundrie's parents went to the preserve after their son didn't come home. They found the Mustang. They drove it home. Three days later, they called police to tell them that Brian Laundrie was missing. That, for Caine, was the critical juncture.

"You're gonna leave your son out in the preserve with no form of communication and no way to get home? Does that make sense to anybody?" Caine asked. "I don't even think he was ever in that preserve."

The FBI and local law enforcement briefly seized that Ford Mustang as part of their investigation and have since returned it to the Laundrie family. It's unclear what, if anything, of forensic note they found inside of it to assist in their investigation.

Caine says he isn't surprised they haven't found Laundrie yet, either. But he does think, eventually, he will be located.

"This isn't reality TV. This is a real-life situation, which leads me to believe this was well-orchestrated, well-planned and he had a lot of time and resources," Caine opined. "This guy will be found, maybe not sooner but he will be found later."
THIS!!!!
*An old bank robber's advice - "If you want get away with a bank robbery, set fire to the police station first."

That info came from Gabby's mother.

"The distraught mother also clarified that Gabby and Brian had been engaged, but decided to call it off and go back to just dating because they felt they were too young for marriage.

'I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend,' she said."

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Ah thanks. I hadn't seen that one

Is this unusual, in the sense that it's not in winter, or in mountainous country, .. Florida seemed to me to be quite densely populated...(in comparison to where I live , AU ) , and the reward money, wouldn't that be a bit of a motivator?.. ... that this search is taking so long and is , apparently, so bereft of any success at all?..

Don't think I am criticizing any USA LE orgs. My own state police, The NSW Police Force lost a killer in a small forest near Sydney for nearly 7 years. He'd still be on the run , they didn't catch him , the killer, Naden, got lonely. ...

I am merely curious as to what seems to me to be a very reactive search.

Why they choose to use her grandpa’s name as a code word?
Because if it was Gabby who sent it, she'd use it as a code word to signal her mother that she was in trouble because she never called him that. Otherwise, Brian sent that text.

From the phone records, they will be able to determine the date that the text was sent. It was received by Gabby's mother on the 30th. So it was sent on the 30th at the very latest.
I hope (and assume) that phone records will also show whether any specific texts were sent from a computer (but "from" the phone account) as opposed to using the actual physical phone. MOO

Banfield making stuff up about the abandon vehicle notice again. I hope she reads this thread. MOO
That's driving me crazy. I read the statute, but maybe I need to look at it again. I'm almost positive I didn't read ANYTHING about how long a vehicle had to be located somewhere before being considered abandoned.

What I did read from the NPPD spokesperson was that the notice essentially started the 5-day process, meaning they had 5 days from the date of the notice to remove the vehicle. NOT that it had been there for 5 days.

I don't understand why a person surrounded by police at a vehicle stop like she was would want to or need to use code words.

- DBM -

She could have just told the police she was afraid of BL and ask to be taken away with them. Instead she said, "I can't be alone".

That is also puzzling, since not long after that, she was alone for several days in a hotel room. (allegedly)

JMO

it's not puzzling if you research domestic abuse

Is this unusual, in the sense that it's not in winter, or in mountainous country, .. Florida seemed to me to be quite densely populated...(in comparison to where I live , AU ) , and the reward money, wouldn't that be a bit of a motivator?.. ... that this search is taking so long and is , apparently, so bereft of any success at all?..

Don't think I am criticizing any USA LE orgs. My own state police, The NSW Police Force lost a killer in a small forest near Sydney for nearly 7 years. He'd still be on the run , they didn't catch him , the killer, Naden, got lonely. ...

I am merely curious as to what seems to me to be a very reactive search.

I’m from the US and I’m confused as all get out by the whole thing.

wow, and he still managed to slip away? On Sept. 13th in the Mustang? and didn't follow him? hmmm...something isn't right.
Perhaps BL wasn't even in the house on Sept. 11th?

Plenty of us have said all along that he was very likely gone prior to Gabby’s family even realizing their daughter gone. The police believed the attorney when the attorney told them BL was at the house. Whether the attorney was aware of BL wasn’t in the house is up for debate. The story about him going missing makes no sense. I personally think the attorney thought BL was home. I think the parents eventually let it slip that he wasn’t, which is why the called the LE to go talk to them and BL was reported missing.

So there was basically a whole thread about nothing.

What a case.
lol too true, If you boiled these 55 threads down to actual facts and discussion of actual facts it might all fit on one thread. But, too throw in something that wouldn't make the cut for this fantasy 1 thread event, I read another msm story that gave more info from Josh Taylor that said there may have been speculation from an air asset that they something they saw could have been a campsite. So both statements can be true simultaneously, they did not come across a campsite and that they saw what might have ben a campsite but it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaylacalifa