Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that text had to have been sent by Brian. The Stan text on the 27th probably was also sent by Brian, but also could have been sent by Gabby as a way to signal her mother that she was in danger. That's another reason that I think she was killed on the 27th.

Plus, the arrest warrant states Brian is wanted for "use of unauthorized access devices...following the death of Gabby." It also requests all information from anyone near Spread Creek during Aug 27-30.

Brian arrived in Florida on the morning of Sept 1. He was in transit on this journey on Aug 30. Gabby's phone sent a fake text to her mom on Aug 30.

While I haven't seen an official release of precise time of death and cause of death, by deduction it's clear that Gabby was dead before Aug 30.

Gabby didn't call her grandfather Stan. So either Brian sent that text, or it could have been Gabby trying to warn her mother that she was in danger. In either elementary or middle school, I established a code word with my daughter should she ever be abducted.
I think some context is needed to understand the Stan thing. It wasn't a really used like a code word, since it never came up until after Gabby was probably dead and gone. Gabby's Grandfather Stan kept texting her phone and clearly expected her to answer back. Whoever had the phone - probably BL - sent a text to Gabby's mother asking her to help with Stan because he was texting so much. The mother got suspicious because Gabby never called her Grandpa "Stan" - which means it probably had never come up as a code word. The mother felt BL wrote that message because he called him Stan instead of Grandpa. To recap - Stan was texting Gabby's phone and irritating BL, so he wanted her mother to make it stop. Instead the mother found it strange, especially since that was the last text from Gabby.

The Yosemite text was received on August 30th. It could have been sent hours or even days before Gabby's mother received it, because that just happens sometimes when you're out in BFE with intermittent cell service. Yellowstone isn't that far from Spread Creek. IMO it isn't outside the realm of possibility that they traveled through that area, and that the Yosemite text was a simple, distracted predictive text error, or an innocent cognitive one (I've been to both of those places and still accidentally switched the names up while I was typing up the post you quoted; I just now noticed).

do we know if she had an iPhone or Android?

By that logic, I guess Brian's dad committed murder at some point.

Laughing does not make you heartless or a murderer. Nor does it make you innocent or a saint. It doesn't mean anything. People laugh. And I really hate when people expect others to publically bleed for them. Personal pain is just that - personal.
Totally!! Drives me insane. Everyone handles pain/grief differently. There is no right or wrong, it's up to the individual to get through the only way they know how.

Gabby's dad laughed in a couple of interviews and not once did I think it was disrespectful or that he wasn't in agonising pain.

It can be a coping mechanism for some.

This is all simple to me.

GP and BL, for whatever reason, fought in her final days

BL decided it was in his best interest to run prior to an arrest warrant was issued.

BL remains missing but now with an arrest warrant and a manhunt underway.

Find BL and maybe we will get answers to all the why's

For me, everything else is noise. Jmo, Moo

Only her mother ever said she broke it off. Both GP and BL continuously told everyone within earshot that they were engaged. Multiple witness statements and on the Moab video, as well.
But if you recall 48 hours episode on this case, (if this is not permitted or if not in media thread please delete) the Victor, ID merchant made it a point to state that it appeared to her that he was pushing her to turn around and make that public announcement as they left. MOO And, I believe her mother would have info. MOO

I am not convinced BL is in the swamp. Others have suggested in a rental, an abandoned property, which seem more likely. Gabby's mom thinks he is on the Appalachian Trail. We all saw a report by Dennis Davis of an encounter with someone resembling BL. I wonder, if the incident happened, where did the Brian looking guy get the truck? I have not written this to off, and apparently neither has the FBI.
I think he'd prefer to find someplace he could hunker down, rather than be on the AT, his face is all over the news. I wonder whether the lawyer could have put him in touch with people who would have a place to hide out. After all, he was not a suspect at that point, just a POI.

I think we should all consider it fortunate that there are defense attorneys out there willing to work even for those whom society has already declared guilty long before they ever reach a courtroom

Absolutely! At last we SHOULD.
Not everyone loves or agrees with the Baez's of our justice system
(I'm very in favor of defense attorneys, I think I misworded my initial post if it sounded like I personally disagreed with anyone getting a fair trial)

Last edited:
The trail cameras actually take really good photos - day or night. Very clear. There are ones that take close-up photos and ones that take more wide-angle photos.
I posted links to the cameras/photos at the reserve way back in the threads.
I posted a link a while back for the trail cams, too My entire view of this "swamp" business changed after I researched the Carlton Reserve and saw all the trail maps and trail cams and such. From reading the thread, I thought Brian was in an actual alligator infested swamp! I didn't know it was really a recreation area with biking, hiking and horseback trails, canoe launches, picnic areas, etc. It's an actual park, not a swamp.

Here's the link again if anyone wants to check it out.

Trail Cameras

I went to bed last night safe in the knowledge that Brian's Dad would not be searching today, because LE would not ask him to. I checked at lunch and his Dad was in the reserve. Was it ever clarified who asked who if he could "help?"

Most likely Brian sent the Stan text as well, but my alternative theory is that Gabby sent it to signal that she was in danger.

I’m aware of what your alternative theory is, and I was saying it doesn’t fit with what we know. Honestly the theory that Stan was a code word Gabby had with her mom in case of danger sort of leaves on the table the idea that Gabby’s mom forgot the code word and left Gabby hanging and in need of help. I can’t get on board with that. Sorry. Moo.

I posted a link a while back for the trail cams, too My entire view of this "swamp" business changed after I researched the Carlton Reserve and saw all the trail maps and trail cams and such. From reading the thread, I thought Brian was in an actual alligator infested swamp! I didn't know it was really a recreation area with biking, hiking and horseback trails, canoe launches, picnic areas, etc. It's an actual park, not a swamp.

Here's the link again if anyone wants to check it out.

Trail Cameras

The helicopter shots have been amazing. It's a very beautiful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member