Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No service in Yosemite" alleged message to Nicole Schmidt.

Separate issue - why is Nicole S now quite silent (and apparently asked to be so by the FBI) on the "No service in Yosemite" text ? (This was referred to in a previous thread Quite extensively).

suspicion - it was sent on Brian's phone and signed Gabby (or it had more text on it than has been released). Obviously if an SMS comes in frm a foreign Cellphone, number the handset does not tag it with the name associated with the previous number.

It makes no sense to send a No service message from Gabby's phone - you are trying to send a message
out on a system you suspect does not work (a contra argument is that the Rx signal indicator was showing poor performance and the message was sent while driving before the tower connection finally dropped out). That suggests that Gabby's phone was on one provider's network and Brian's may have been on another's.

So Nichole S may have started assuming things and from an evidentiary standpoint the LE and prosecutor don't want a lot of red herrings floating about.

If NS is quoting more "Gabby phone " messages than in fact exist (and were sent by Brian post his murder of Gabby) then that provides a chink hole for defense to work into.

EDIT

"Petito's last known location was Aug. 25 in Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt told Fox News that she received a text from Petito's phone on Aug. 30, saying that there was no service in Yellowstone, but she does not believe that message was sent by her daughter."

But why did she not believe that ?? Was it in fact sent from a DIFFERENT Phone number ? Did Gabby have a special way of signing off messages.? Either the press has loused something up or there is more to the message than what is shown. The FBI by now of course would know what IMSI (internal handset number ) it was sent through (this is completely regardless of any SIM card swap that that BL might have done ) . There is some sensitivity about this message that Nichole S is not coming clean about .

End of Msg theories from KG for a while :))

Last edited:
Somewhat, but not really. If I give someone a $100 gift card to Target, all they can do with it is purchase $100 worth of things at Target and that's the end of that card.

If I get a prepaid credit card, like a VISA, it is not attached to an actual bank but I can use it as a bank. I can load money onto it, get direct deposit from my job on it, use it at gas stations, grocery stores, shop online, etc. Anything you can do with an actual credit card, but no bank is involved.

I have one of these through American Express (it’s called Serve). I still had to provide a SSN when registering it (for security, not for credit check), and could not do anything with it until I registered it. It’s hard to load cash onto; checks are easier. They cross-checked any other accounts I use to fund it. I doubt this kind of card would work for BL right now unless he had an entire stolen identity. MOO

"No service in Yellowstone" alleged message to Nicole Schmidt.

Separate issue - why is Nicole S now quite silent (and apparently asked to be so by the FBI) on the "No service in Yellowstone" text ? (This was referred to in a previous thread Quite extensively).

suspicion - it was sent on Brian's phone and signed Gabby (or it had more text on it than has been released). Obviously if an SMS comes in frm a foreign Cellphone, number the handset does not tag it with the name associated with the previous number.

It makes no sense to send a No service message from Gabby's phone - you are trying to send a message
out on a system you suspect does not work (a contra argument is that the Rx signal indicator was showing poor performance and the message was sent while driving before the tower connection finally dropped out). That suggests that Gabby's phone was on one provider's network and Brian's may have been on another's.

So Nichole S may have started assuming things and from an evidentiary standpoint the LE and prosecutor don't want a lot of red herrings floating about.

If NS is quoting more "Gabby phone " messages than in fact exist (and were sent by Brian post his murder of Gabby) then that provides a chink hole for defense to work into.
That is not what the text said. jmo

[QUOTE="CarolynAB2, post: 17178378, member: 296372"]That he drove the van back home to FL indicates that he considered it his van as well has hers, a shared vehicle that they lived in together, and he mostly drove. (Remember, she said in the bodycam #1 that she didn't drive it that much.)

Even though the van was in her name, it seems that they considered it their shared vehicle. Coincidentally, the Mustang in FL is apparently not in his name either, but seems to have been what he drove. His driving the van home to FL indicates to me that he considered it his as well as GL's van, and it was his only form of transportation, in his thinking. If he were thinking more strategically after killing someone, it might have been smarter to leave the van at the scene of the crime and get his parents to buy him a ticket home with a story that he needs time away or they broke up or whatever.

Returning to FL in the van without GL indicates to me that he [allegedly] knew she was dead. I believe he loved her/ they loved each other (based on the length of relationship and their plans to get married). You don't leave your loved one behind, thousands of miles behind, without the home (van home) they were living in. You don't go home and then just carry on as if everything is normal. That indicates to me that there was no GL to bring back, and he knew it. IMO.

The use of her bank cards supports this as well. You don't leave someone you love without any money.[/QUOTE]
I am not so sure about the bbm comment that he considered the van as shared property. I don't like driving at all and when I go places with friends, I always have them drive my car. They don't assume that because I let them drive it, they share in the ownership of it. At least I hope that's not the mindset I am getting myself into. That, to me, indicates he felt entitled to everything GP had was his. It was his entitlement and nothing more. Not love but entitlement.

I have one of these through American Express (it’s called Serve). I still had to provide a SSN when registering it (for security, not for credit check), and could not do anything with it until I registered it. It’s hard to load cash onto; checks are easier. They cross-checked any other accounts I use to fund it. I doubt this kind of card would work for BL right now unless he had an entire stolen identity. MOO

I'm not sure that's the kind of card BL or anyone else on the run might have. I think you are talking about a reloadable card but someone on the run would have VISA/MC "gift cards" that come preloaded with X amount of money.
JMO

That is not what the text said. jmo

Are these articles wrong then, or are you talking about a different text. I notice that both of these articles say Gabby's mother got the text from Gabby's phone, but we've heard that the phone was not used after an earlier date (the 27th, I believe), so maybe they got both things wrong?

On Aug. 30, Petito’s mother got a text from her phone saying, “no service in Yellowstone.” That was the last text they received. And, after several days without additional communication, they became concerned.

Gabby Petito case: What we know about the 22-year-old’s disappearance | WGN-TV

Petito's last known location was Aug. 25 in Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt told Fox News that she received a text from Petito's phone on Aug. 30, saying that there was no service in Yellowstone, but she does not believe that message was sent by her daughter.

Missing Gabby Petito: Utah police detail physical altercation between couple days before she disappeared

On the 17th of Sept, when SB first informed LE and all of the Media that BL was 'Missing"....and to maybe look in the Carlton Reserve Area, I called it the " Look! Squirrel! " move. I still feel that is the case. And, possibly because the NPPD didn't really ever know where BL was, and were called out on it by the media...they jumped into action! Send in the clowns! We are all on board to find this guy! Look at our Monster Machines! Look at all the dogs! See? We are on this!

IMO, SB set this all in motion...
Stop! Just Stop! I'm liking this 2 million times! :D

I'm not sure that's the kind of card BL or anyone else on the run might have. I think you are talking about a reloadable card but someone on the run would have VISA/MC "gift cards" that come preloaded with X amount of money.
JMO

But will it work overseas and can you get cash out with it ? I suspect not. Think petrol and groceries and rent - this is the sort of stuff that BL has to be able to use any sort of money xfer system for.
Kiss principle follows.
KG

Are these articles wrong then, or are you talking about a different text. I notice that both of these articles say Gabby's mother got the text from Gabby's phone, but we've heard that the phone was not used after an earlier date (the 27th, I believe), so maybe they got both things wrong?

On Aug. 30, Petito’s mother got a text from her phone saying, “no service in Yellowstone.” That was the last text they received. And, after several days without additional communication, they became concerned.

Petito's last known location was Aug. 25 in Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt told Fox News that she received a text from Petito's phone on Aug. 30, saying that there was no service in Yellowstone, but she does not believe that message was sent by her daughter.

Missing Gabby Petito: Utah police detail physical altercation between couple days before she disappeared
It said "no service, in Yosemite" jmo

The text said 'no service in Yosemite' :)

RE the seeds:

He may have seeds, but they’re not going to help him until he finds a place to settle and has a few months to wait.

In the BEST of circumstances, he may be able to get a harvest of radishes and lettuce in a few weeks, which is not going to sustain him. Also, depending on what planting zone he would decide to settle in, he may have to wait until Spring to start planting.

As a small scale gardener with a lifetime of experience, I can tell you that sometimes, even with luscious organic compost and playing Blues for them every day, the garden just doesn’t produce like you’d hoped. One year I was able to can 22 pints of green beans as well as eating them fresh 3-4 times a week and the next year I didn’t even get enough to eat them fresh once a week.

I agree that Alaska would be a good place to disappear. I think work would be pretty easy to find and no one would ask too many questions.

IMO

Agree.... if he is counting on his seeds to feed him he's got months of being hungry and winter is coming so. . . It's more likely he's going into OTHER people's gardens and taking whatever he wants, since we already know he's a thief. He steals art. He stole her credit/debit cards, he stole her money, he stole her van. He steals things. He won't be growing his own radishes, he will take other people's radishes.

JMO

I remember seeing the same, but now wondering whether it was on one of the Dr Phil episodes?

Thank you for finding that! That would have gone a considerable way towards paying for the van, I imagine. It was her van. Registered in her name.
And he TOOK it.. Grrr.

Here it is, about 5 mins in, her dad says that they leased her the Nissan Sentra.

On the 17th of Sept, when SB first informed LE and all of the Media that BL was 'Missing"....and to maybe look in the Carlton Reserve Area, I called it the " Look! Squirrel! " move. I still feel that is the case. And, possibly because the NPPD didn't really ever know where BL was, and were called out on it by the media...they jumped into action! Send in the clowns! We are all on board to find this guy! Look at our Monster Machines! Look at all the dogs! See? We are on this!

IMO, SB set this all in motion...
But why would SB still think that fleeing the current charges makes sense? Wouldn't he be telling his client to turn himself in? Even if murder charges come down, this isn't an easy murder in the 1st going to prison forever or death penalty case. It could be manslaughter. He could be innocent. You don't think it likely SB laid it out for BL on 13th (SB claims this is his last convo) and BL was spooked to have to be accountable for any of this? Or maybe at the time since BL was not wanted SB said you can run and that's not illegal at this point?

Does gas cost $1000 or more to get from Wyoming to Florida within a 2 day drive, or did Brian max out Gabby’s debit card and bank account?

(Btw, 1k is just the minimum amount to be criminally charged, he may have withdrew much more than that.)

Did BL and/or his family have access to a hunting cabin, summer home or any other place isolated from society. Did he have any friends or associates with access. I don't believe he would have held out this long living under the stars. Very few of us could handle the rigors indefinitely.

Follow the shelter, water, food. Perhaps, but not likely, money from the family.

I think he will eventually get caught stealing food at a place near where he is holed up. Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member