Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, and I have expressed-why does everyone think he is alive? I honestly don’t think he is intelligent enough to survive this long on his own and, I would guess, would be with limited resources. I think they should be looking for his body at this point.
I can only speak for myself, and your guess is as good as mine. For me, it's a gut feeling somewhat based on him going on the run prior to being named a suspect. I don't think he's suicidal, and I'm more optimistic about his ability to survive. I think he had planned where to go, and it's not where they are looking for him. I think he is holed up some distance from home, but I'm not sure how far. We don't know how much food, water, and money he took with him, but my SWAG is that he will run out of food in the next 2-3 weeks if he hasn't already. All JMHO, and I hope we get answers very soon.

I feel like I have coming off as an antithesis to what you all are saying, and I don’t mean that necessarily. I just have questions about how this guy could pull this off for this long.

I can only speak for myself, and your guess is as good as mine. For me, it's a gut feeling somewhat based on him going on the run prior to being named a suspect. I don't think he's suicidal, and I'm more optimistic about his ability to survive. I think he had planned where to go, and it's not where they are looking for him. I think he is holed up some distance from home, but I'm not sure how far. We don't know how much food, water, and money he took with him, but my SWAG is that he will run out of food in the next 2-3 weeks if he hasn't already. All JMHO, and I hope we get answers very soon.
Yes, until I see a little bit of emotion from the family of BL, I will continue to believe he is alive.

I wonder if the Yosemite text message was sent before or after (or even around the same time) BL was pulled up at a gas station.

The warrant for his arrest noted the dates and August 30th BL had to be on the road to Florida for him to arrive on the 1st, therefore Gabby was already deceased. Most likely he was using her debit card for gas to get home.

When BL parents went to "look for their son" there and saw the note on the car they just happened to have the keys with them to drive it home? Do they have an extra set of keys to the Mustang?
possibly. The other option is that the car had a key safe and they had a key to that. I believe that all the L's had access to the car.

Last edited:
No disrespect, but I don’t think that is likely. He would have to set that all up AND facilitate that while on the run. I just think that would be a hard thing to coordinate.
IMO With this there is a lot of the unknown to the public still. BL could have contacted someone or others on the road on his way back to Florida and the ball was started then . JMO

I think SB helped them, at least initially, as a courtesy due to their apparent long-term relationship. Then, he really got into it, whether or not he meant to get so deep and whether or not he was qualified. But he's hip-deep now... to the detriment, IMO, of his clients and himself. JMHO and SMH. No pity.
I disagree. I do not believe that this attorney (or any attorney) would do this, regardless of the status of their relationship.

Great post!!!

One other detail that stands out to me, besides the tattoos, is his distinctive hand movements. Anyone who has watched the body cam video from Moab will know what I mean. He would need to practice toning down talking with his hands if he wants to stay under the radar. JMHO …
Interesting point about his hands/hand gestures. That's an "expressive" trait, if we look at personality types. Your point is punctuated in the Moab LE video, when the LEO notes his amped up behavior, and I think the hand gestures contributed to that observation.
Good call out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just thinking about how people can blend in. Ted Bundy became a Mormon. And when he was in jail they actually sent him cards. I know times are different but if his appearance if different and there are not super sleuth's out there it's possible. At this point. . . anything is possible. I'm just waiting for the ending. JMO.
I only hope they find him alive. With the effort, expense and emotion it has cost everyone involved, it would be devastating to find him dead somewhere. IMO

I feel like I have coming off as an antithesis to what you all are saying, and I don’t mean that necessarily. I just have questions about how this guy could pull this off for this long.
I always go back to a case I followed a few years ago: Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas. They were on the run for 39 days and pretty hungry when they were discovered in cold northern CA. Their faces were everywhere, as was the description of their vehicle. We're not even at a full month in this case. BL had a substantial lead on LE as well. Give it some time. There's a lot of wide open spaces in this country. MOO

I'm sorry that I'm not understanding something. If CaL was at the campsite with BL for a few hours, of course she would ask where is Gabby. Maybe LE has told her not to comment on that? Am I missing something?
Imo just wondering.
Right! My guess, and it’s just a guess, is that perhaps the parents told her they broke up or there was a fight, and he was so upset they didn’t want her mentioned so he could have some downtime at the Fort. Otherwise right, wouldn’t you ask, “Hey, you just flew home in late august during your five month trip, and you’re back again, and where’s your love?”

Well.. I''m with you, DWF... I don't think he can, or could, either..

When he killed Gabby, ( I don't have any thoughts of a stray random killer luckily intersecting with Gabby while Brian was other wise occupied.. I just don't. It doesn't have enough weight to it, as a theory in comparison with Brian's actions. ) .. he , in a way, killed himself. He killed off Brian as a fiancee, which he was very keen on advertising. He told people he was engaged, he made Gabby tell people they were engaged. ..
So he saw himself as one part of a team. He told the Moab police this.. 'we're a team!'.. '.. so did Gabby.. Brian 's image of himself was as one part of a couple.

Not one person as a fugitive. This is a tremendous adjustment to make, apart from being the one who created this situation. Sure, he was furious when he killed her, but fury goes away, no one can sustain it forever.. as the days go by, assuming he is alive, ( which I don't ) .. he is reliving all the times he could have made a different move, instead of the one he made that puts him where he is. On the run, or well and truly dead.

By his own hand, by accident, or by another hand.. those three theory's hold equal amount of water.

I only hope they find him alive. With the effort, expense and emotion it has cost everyone involved, it would be devastating to find him dead somewhere. IMO
I think the greatest risk (to himself, LE, and the public) will transpire at time of capture. Desperate people do desperate things. *If* his parents have been involved in his escape or concealment, (*if*), I wish them anxiety filled days, and sleepless nights. This is no game.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is it time we started to view any information coming from the BL camp as suspicious? Or are we waaayyyy over the rainbow on that one?
MOO
The time has long passed, in my humble opinion. Once they reported Brian 'missing'.. it was over. Ovah. ...

Realistically.. once the Laundrie clan closed off the Petito's calls, ( before they started ringing, the fix was in...) they were expecting those calls from the Petito's.. I have no doubts about that ,, they knew Gabby's mum and dad would be ringing, they put in place the process not to answer any of those numbers.

( I have often wondered if the Petito's had used someone else's phone, would they have got a pickup?>. I think they would have. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans