Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons why B Laundrie will be picked up sometime (but it could be years)

1. Tendency to domestic violence. Wherever he has gone, Belize, Guatemala, NY he may or even will offend again. It may take some time but he may well do it again.The issue will be how good is cover story is when he is picked up. (possibly in a foreign country where the police don't care about FBI warrants much).

2. Inability to keep off social media. Eventually his discipline might break.

3. Need for a potentially ever increasing income string from his parents. Currently may be living on cash provided by the parents but that will end sometime. I don't see him as a likely person to get a regular job in a foreign country. He'd have to have fluent Spanish first. Could BL re invent himself as say an English teacher "Jose Gomez" in Belize and then try to move back to the US ? MY guess is that he has some variation on this in mind. Now, With minor plastic surgery (ears) and a fully developed fable, he could try to get in as an illegal immigrant and then become naturalised.

4. Whenever his parents head off for an overseas holiday, be it Jamaica or elsewhere I'd hope the FBI
and even CIA (because it is out of America) can keep any eye on them. It will get a lot harder if they go to say Jamaica and change SIM card at the border. It could be 2 years or more before they meet up and the FBI may let their guard down during that time which is precisely what the Laundries will be hoping. The FBI can get cell phone meta data "forever " of course (as long as they know the phone numbers to look for ) . BL can work around this in in the following way : (overseas calls to phones owned by Chris or Roberta Laundrie would really prick up the FBI's ears and the prefix on the call number will be flagged instantly if there is real time tracking of calls via the comms carriers.) NB to be safer the two entities will meet in a neutral place, and if he has gone south it is likely to be somewhere like Jamaica or Cuba. But to do that BL would need a PP of a foreign country to travel under an assumed name. Obviously if Mexico has a leaky sthn border, a meeting in Mexico is far simpler to arrange in the short term.

Telecoms -
HE can try ringing someone neutral like S. Bertolino and whom the FBI can't legally wire tap except in very exceptional cases. Bertolino's communications with the Laundries should also be under legal privilege if they have retained him.
Your list is great. I’m just hoping for the sake of GP’s family, not to mention all of us, that these reasons will have him apprehended within weeks or months— not years, G_d forbid, although of course I know that that happens.

Good point and something I haven’t thought of.

with this in mind, he will be caught soon. I hope. But I have my reservations. I’m just thinking one would crack. Someone should have a conscious.
I would hope so as well. I think the only thing that may be to BL’s advantage that would cause someone to believe he’s been victimized and is innocent is the release of the MOAB LE bodycam footage and the way Gabby was portrayed as the aggressor. MOO

Good point and something I haven’t thought of.

with this in mind, he will be caught soon. I hope. But I have my reservations. I’m just thinking one would crack. Someone should have a conscious.
I would hope so as well. I think the only thing that may be to BL’s advantage that would cause someone to believe he’s been victimized and is innocent is the release of the MOAB LE bodycam footage and the way Gabby was portrayed as the aggressor. MOO

Cassie Laundrie interview
CL said “we had our kids there, nothing came up.” (2:00) To me, that means they didn’t talk about it because her kids were around, but it could be interpreted any number of ways.

edited to fix the link.

Why would her children being around cause her to not speak of Gabby? If she knew nothing, suspected nothing, why would the topic be taboo?

I am backtracking to make sure I have all the dates correct and I found a link where two guys were interviewed before GP's body was found they said they saw her van on the 29th, so he couldn't have left Spread Creek before the 29th.
Quote from article:

JACKSON, Wyo.

On Friday, park rangers were also speaking with campers at Spread Creek — it’s a dispersed camping area about 20 minutes east of the park.

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”
Also Spread Creek campground is in Bridger-Teton national forest it is not a national park and hunting is permitted as well as target shooting. That means BL could have shot her and maybe no one would have paid attention.

link to story: original report 9/18 from KSL
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Bolding mine....

I wonder how Cassie would reconcile that notion with the activities that took place with Brian and her boys at Fort DeSoto. Brian is looking very not distressed at all in the photos she shared from that trip.

MOO - I think those photos are part of his eventual alibi. Brian had no idea she was gone. He had left her to go off with her friend, etc. and was turning over a new leaf.

Dave Faherty
@FahertyWSOC9

Breaking Watauga County- a body has been found near a popular overlook along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sheriff deputies are confirming a male was discovered dead near the Thunder Hill overlook near Blowing Rock. Park Rangers, the SBI and sheriff deputies are investigating.

4:07 PM · Oct 9, 2021

Has anyone been reported missing in this area?
That's just barely south of Boone, NC ~ and IIRC, there were some sightings reported there.

I am curious about some details. If BL took off and disappeared after his mom and dad supposedly helped him to disappear like some believe, ...why then would they call police and say he was missing? Wouldn't it be advantageous to not say a word and let him disappear?

Another thing... BL's mom and dad were with him from day 1 of his return. They know or most likely know every single detail of his frame of mind, and they have heard his "story". There is no doubt in my mind that they have had to come to their own conclusions of what they believe happened ..therefore they are the only people in this entire situation, besides BL, who have the information that is needed to find him or to point LE in the right direction. Yet, they hired an attorney to aid them in being uncooperative from the onset....

Which takes me back to ...why would they report him missing if they helped him disappear and hired an attorney to hide behind?

The only reason I can come up with is they hid him somewhere safe because they have come to their own conclusion that he is innocent, even after Gabby was found deceased, and their reporting of him being missing was an aversion/deflection.
I reckon they had to tell their lawyer that the bird had flown and if said lawyer had already given an undertaking to LE that bird was home and he could attest to it, it sent him into a wee panic and the plan was born. And he personally oversaw it. And , no doubt advised them to refuse to discuss Gabby even though she was a missing person at the time.
It's a huge insult to LE and to everybody who loved Gabby.
JMO.
This does not answer the question about their foreknowledge of his flight. We do not know. It's possible they too were left in the lurch..

Was that before or after he bought a new cellie and mowed the lawn? MOO
I should have said a week after he was last seen.
Yes, until I see a little bit of emotion from the family of BL, I will continue to believe he is alive.
Yes, until I see a little bit of emotion from the family of BL, I will continue to believe he is alive.
I can’t imagine what his parents are going through no matter which scenario is true. I believe it’s possible that one or both of them is getting pharmaceutical help to deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member