Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any ideas why they now brought ChL out to show LE the trails? I know SB is trying to capitalize on it for positive spin but LE is not going to just bring him out for a photo op. If they had any faith in his presence and knowledge he was sharing though it seems they would be there with an increased presence now. Instead we saw him with 1 local officer on foot and no large LE follow up at the reserve. Is LE just looking to get him comfortable working with them? Could they be looking to catch him in a lie about searching for his son there on the 13th? Perhaps getting an idea of the location and time it takes him to walk his known trails there?
When BE was following CL home from the reserve, he went through an (unknown to BE) neighborhood. Perhaps he was showing the FBI or LE a normal route BL would have taken. If that's the case, surely they are following up with neighborhood cameras, stores etc. and hopefully find video that has not been recorded over.
Or perhaps the FBI was showing CL the route he and his wife took to plant the car at the reserveo_O

Dennis Davis the hiker who said he saw him was in Haywood County. Here is a map from Haywood to Watauga

Google Maps
I was just looking up the map too... my US Geography is not that good.....:eek:
It COULD make sense if he was making his way to New York (possibly to see his lawyer SB) , via parks to hide in, on the way..... IMO

For the LE to release that the body is "male" it must be relatively "fresh" rather than old bones IMO

There is a chance that he may have got that far, and then decided to end things?? As BL couldn't cope with being on the run any longer..... (all strictly MOO)

And, of course at this stage, it may be someone else entirely? As so often we have hope in cases when a body is found and it turns out to be unrelated.....

imo: He has enormous will power.

Climbing difficult land formations were challenges for him.
He had the will, and he found the way.
He had strength, willpower to do it, endurance and persistence to achieve the goals.
The earth and its tough formations will not control him, he will conquer them.

Van life was a challenge.
He had the will, and found the way even with apparently little money.
He studied what was needed for the travels, accumulated money, mapped out plans, etc.
He probably took on this challenge to get out of being controlled by his parents

Running from the Feds is a challenge:
He is demonstrating again here, that he will not be controlled.
He has the will, and probably thinks he has the abilities to achieve control over his life, even if it is for a short period. Again demonstrating strength, willpower, endurance, and persistence, and defiance.

Moab police stop:
He demonstrated here that he had to do whatever it took to control the situation.
He couldn't fight, He couldn't flee , He had to freeze and surrender to the police, and then it seemed as if he possibly made friends with them on a certain level.
He was able to do that because he had the charisma to do so, and the psychological ability to think on his feet in order that he could stay "safe" and in control.

relationship with GP:
He more than likely did not like being controlled by her, her money, her van, having to clean his feet, etc.
He may have killed her to keep some kind of control over his life.
The argument in Moab seemed to be about who was going to be in control.

etc.

Weakness (could also be a strength): imo: He does not like being controlled.

This weakness/strength may end with him wanting to be in control of his own destiny at any price.
He's definitely a wild card.

I agree with all of this however the van even had a personalized license plate that said 'GBZ', (Gabs was her nickname according to Joe) further indicating the van was 100% Gabby's.

No. The GBZ license plate was a random WY plate on a car they saw- I believe when they went to the place where her body was found. They took it as a sign.

I was just looking up the map too... my US Geography is not that good.....:eek:
It COULD make sense if he was making his way to New York (possibly to see his lawyer SB) , via parks to hide in, on the way..... IMO

For the LE to release that the body is "male" it must be relatively "fresh" rather than old bones IMO

There is a chance that he may have got that far, and then decided to end things?? As BL couldn't cope with being on the run any longer..... (all strictly MOO)

And, of course at this stage, it may be someone else entirely? As so often we have hope in cases when a body is found and it turns out to be unrelated.....
Is anyone broadcasting live from the Laundrie house? They’ll have to notify the family before releasing the ID to the public.

Gabby used an app called The Dyrt to find, plan & review campsites off the beaten path during her van life adventure with Brian.

Based on reviews & photos, they would pitch their tent and set up a campfire. The places she pinned in Utah line up with sites we know she visited from her own social media. And the app shows her possible route through Idaho and Wyoming to Teton where she listed two possible campsites.

The first location she pinged is along Spread Creek, east of the park. This is where her body was discovered. Her stepdad describes that she was found near a campsite about a 5-10 minute walk from where the van was parked, but was off the beaten path. He notes that her remains was just in front of a clearing where a tent would have been set up and rocks had been moved to make a fire pit. It looks like it was always part of their plan to camp there. I wonder if she took any pictures.

“The dispersed campgrounds are basically just open land where anybody can go and camp and where her van was basically alongside what was a creek bed. If you cross over the creek bed once you get over the other side it’s trees sparsely placed around and a lot of sagebrushes (and also where she was discovered). He further added that you would have to want to go out over to that area. People go down to go by the creek but not a lot of people cross all the way over there, it’s not a place that is heavily trafficked.”

The next possible campsite on Gabby’s itinerary sat between Teton and Yellowstone on Glade Creek. It’s a place where Gabby also wanted to pitch her tent, but never got to.

They joined The Dyrt on July 2021. Their last review is dated on July 29 in Arches National Park, Utah.

Yeah. It still bugs me that their Dyrt campsite listing was known since at least 9/12, yet Gabby’s body lay there until 9/19.

I know, it’s water under the bridge now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201