Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any ideas why they now brought ChL out to show LE the trails? I know SB is trying to capitalize on it for positive spin but LE is not going to just bring him out for a photo op. If they had any faith in his presence and knowledge he was sharing though it seems they would be there with an increased presence now. Instead we saw him with 1 local officer on foot and no large LE follow up at the reserve. Is LE just looking to get him comfortable working with them? Could they be looking to catch him in a lie about searching for his son there on the 13th? Perhaps getting an idea of the location and time it takes him to walk his known trails there?
I have the same questions as you do. I wish I could answer them. Your suggestions seem on target.

Very good points, especially about contextualizing people.
I read a recent story about Andrew Yang, the tech guy and former presidential candidate, said he found it so odd when people recognized him in public even when he was wearing jeans instead of his professional jacket. Because most people didn't. Even though he was very famous during the last presidential election.

Found the story.

Andrew Yang: "This was particularly surprising to me because I was wearing jeans and a hoodie. The fact that people recognized me out of my campaign uniform of a blazer and dress shirt was shocking to me. My favorite was when a young woman came up to me and said, “Are you Andrew Yang? No, no, you’re not,” and then walked away."

When I Ran for President, It Messed With My Head

She could not see Andrew Yang in that context so her brain ruled it out for her. Something similar could be happening with BL if he has changed his appearance at all.
A few weeks ago someone posted a lookalike photo (real person) in a feathered back black wig, aviator sunglasses, a fuller beard, a sport coat and an open collared dress shirt. It was my first glimpse of how easy it would be for him to transform himself - IF - he had the time and patience to keep it up. This person was photographed in a bar in Texas.

Dave Faherty
@FahertyWSOC9

Breaking Watauga County- a body has been found near a popular overlook along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sheriff deputies are confirming a male was discovered dead near the Thunder Hill overlook near Blowing Rock. Park Rangers, the SBI and sheriff deputies are investigating.

4:07 PM · Oct 9, 2021

Has anyone been reported missing in this area?

Dennis Davis the hiker who said he saw him was in Haywood County. Here is a map from Haywood to Watauga

Google Maps

I stand corrected as I totally agree with you. The bodycam footage and the erroneous report released from that incident.
Exactly, I think it was totally erroneeous. While i do not believe she GP was ever the aggressor, the body cam of Moab, at 21 minutes on, where LE is discussing the incident and trying to figure things out, the officer says. "it seems to me that she was the primary aggressor".

Exactly, I think it was totally erroneeous. While i do not believe she GP was ever the aggressor, the body cam of Moab, at 21 minutes on, where LE is discussing the incident and trying to figure things out, the officer says. "it seems to me that she was the primary aggressor".

The officer led the narrative on this... it was upsetting. But none of the other officers' opinions interfered either. MOO

Is there a sliver of a chance that he had a side chick, who he also had managed to convince that everything was everyone else's fault?
Could he be holed up in her place and she is protecting him?
OR even worse, he has gained total control of her and she is terrified to go to authorities or tell anyone?
Unlikely, but that thought really scares me. If there is another innocent naive young woman who has fallen for his lies.
If he isn't dead, I could see him living the life on another woman's $.
MOO

Cassie Laundrie interview
CL said “we had our kids there, nothing came up.” (2:00) To me, that means they didn’t talk about it because her kids were around, but it could be interpreted any number of ways.

edited to fix the link.
I take it to mean we didn't talk about it in front of the kids, but what about while BL was off playing with the kids? Someone took a photo or a few, but I'm sure there was time to ask about Gabby at some point when the kids were not within earshot. jmo

Is there a sliver of a chance that he had a side chick, who he also had managed to convince that everything was everyone else's fault?
Could he be holed up in her place and she is protecting him?
OR even worse, he has gained total control of her and she is terrified to go to authorities or tell anyone?
Unlikely, but that thought really scares me. If there is another innocent naive young woman who has fallen for his lies.
If he isn't dead, I could see him living the life on another woman's $.
MOO
Lord, I hope not. If that is the case, she should stock up on stationary, join prison pen pals, and save her money to send BL for use in the commissary (tongue in cheek). But truthfully.---you never know. Because in truth, what do wee really know about BL?

Gabby used an app called The Dyrt to find, plan & review campsites off the beaten path during her van life adventure with Brian.

Based on reviews & photos, they would pitch their tent and set up a campfire. The places she pinned in Utah line up with sites we know she visited from her own social media. And the app shows her possible route through Idaho and Wyoming to Teton where she listed two possible campsites.

The first location she pinged is along Spread Creek, east of the park. This is where her body was discovered. Her stepdad describes that she was found near a campsite about a 5-10 minute walk from where the van was parked, but was off the beaten path. He notes that her remains was just in front of a clearing where a tent would have been set up and rocks had been moved to make a fire pit. It looks like it was always part of their plan to camp there. I wonder if she took any pictures.

“The dispersed campgrounds are basically just open land where anybody can go and camp and where her van was basically alongside what was a creek bed. If you cross over the creek bed once you get over the other side it’s trees sparsely placed around and a lot of sagebrushes (and also where she was discovered). He further added that you would have to want to go out over to that area. People go down to go by the creek but not a lot of people cross all the way over there, it’s not a place that is heavily trafficked.”

The next possible campsite on Gabby’s itinerary sat between Teton and Yellowstone on Glade Creek. It’s a place where Gabby also wanted to pitch her tent, but never got to.

They joined The Dyrt on July 2021. Their last review is dated on July 29 in Arches National Park, Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member