Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about the money that was offered to the tiktok woman from a suspected BL for hitchhiking, is there a town in between where GP was found and where they apparently picked him up? So he could withdraw cash, and maybe this is what the warrant is about?Having $200 is a lot of cash (to me anyway) to be carrying around and offering to someone. All my opinion.
I tried to find whether Tiktok lady ACCEPTED the money. Still don't know. I DO know its a heck of a way to establish an alibi. Leave a tip far beyond the value of service offered. Its an old tactic. Remember Sebastian and Raffe? Four dollar meal - 12 dollar tip? Sure enough, the waitress remembered them.
So, yes its way out of line for a brief ride - unless your arm is hanging by a thread and you hand the reward over later. MOO

@clair182
services at Colter village
https://www./lodge/grandteton-colter-bay-village/
Colter Bay Village Highlights
  • Canoe, Kayak & Motorboat Rentals
  • Colter Bay Marina Store
  • Complimentary Guest Shuttle To Colter Bay Village, Jackson Lake Lodge, the South Jenny Lake Visitor Center, & The Town Of Jackson. Shuttle Is Not Wheelchair Accessible.
  • Full Service Marina - Closed Late September Through Late May, Weather Dependent
  • General Store
  • Gift Shop
  • Guided Lake Fishing
  • Hiking
  • Horseback Riding
  • John Colter Cafe Court
  • Laundry Facilities
  • No Televisions, Telephones Or Air Conditioning In The Accommodations
  • Open Mid May to Late September
  • Ranch House Restaurant
  • Scenic Lake Cruises
  • Service Station
  • WiFi Access In The Cabin Office, Restaurants, Laundromat & Grocery
I am not sure whether or not there would be an ATM in the village.

I tried to find whether Tiktok lady ACCEPTED the money. Still don't know. I DO know its a heck of a way to establish an alibi. Leave a tip far beyond the value of service offered. Its an old tactic. Remember Sebastian and Raffe? Four dollar meal - 12 dollar tip? Sure enough, the waitress remembered them.
So, yes its way out of line for a brief ride - unless your arm is hanging by a thread and you hand the reward over later. MOO

I thought Tiktok lady said when all was said and done, no money changed hands.

@clair182
https://www.****************************/lodge/grandteton-colter-bay-village/
  • Complimentary Guest Shuttle To Colter Bay Village, Jackson Lake Lodge, the South Jenny Lake Visitor Center, & The Town Of Jackson. Shuttle Is Not Wheelchair Accessible.
  • Full Service Marina - Closed Late September Through Late May, Weather Dependent
  • General Store
  • Gift Shop
  • Guided Lake Fishing
  • Hiking
  • Horseback Riding
  • John Colter Cafe Court
  • Laundry Facilities
  • No Televisions, Telephones Or Air Conditioning In The Accommodations
  • Open Mid May to Late September
  • Ranch House Restaurant
  • Scenic Lake Cruises
  • Service Station
  • WiFi Access In The Cabin Office, Restaurants, Laundromat & Grocery
The General Store at Colter Bay Village

As Colter Bay Village is a temporary home for campers and cabin dwellers alike, the General Store is well stocked for every type of visitor. In addition to a wide selection of groceries, it offers snacks and beverages including liqor wine and beer. It offers an organic section with fresh fruit and homemade pastries.

The general store also has a hand dipped ice cream counter as well as a deli for grab and go items. We have ice and firewood for campers and an ATM for emergency cash. Be sure to stop in before you head out for a day of adventure.

Tour the General Stor

Appalachian State, which is the university in the same county where the body was found yesterday, is currently on fall break. No classes October 11-12, so it technically started this past Friday after the last class. According to one of my children, a freshman, many students left campus as early as last Wednesday. She called it a “mass exodus.” Since many classes are online, many students could get an early start to the break, as they can zoom in from home. Also, there is not a home football game this weekend. (Appstate.edu)

Just thinking that the chances of the body discovered being a student is reduced based on the break from school. There has been a lot of buzz around Boone NC and Blowing Rock about BL sightings, so I’m really, really curious about the male body. MOO

I was just thinking about the money that was offered to the tiktok woman from a suspected BL for hitchhiking, is there a town in between where GP was found and where they apparently picked him up? So he could withdraw cash, and maybe this is what the warrant is about?Having $200 is a lot of cash (to me anyway) to be carrying around and offering to someone. All my opinion.
He was picked up in Colter Bay Village. The General Store there has an ATM machine. I was assuming that that was one of his first withdrawals with GP's ATM card.

you have to file a report- I googled "missing persons in FL" to see if there is a time requirement for adults, and there is not per se.

When can you report a missing person in Florida?
Any person having knowledge may submit a missing endangered person report to the clearinghouse concerning a child or adult younger than 26 years of age whose whereabouts is unknown, regardless of the circumstances, subsequent to reporting such child or adult missing to the appropriate law enforcement agency within the ...

Chapter 937 - 2012 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

BL is under 26, so even in a more protected group, but I imagine LE asks the reporter some questions about why the reporter considers the person to be missing. BL had been traveling and had one or more vehicles at his disposal. If you read the law, after certain periods of time, LE is supposed to get finger prints and dental records and load them into a missing persons data base.

THANK YOU!!! I have to twist a little to see him as endangered, but I think a police officer taking a report on Brian (in the context of their interest in him wrt to Gabby) would not.

Right. BL was a POI with an attorney. What could they do until there was a warrant to arrest him? As far as surveillance, why would they? Someone with an attorney doesn't appear to be someone who is going to flee, do they? Besides, how often do police engage in surveillance anyway?

my IMO, thought is that to the local LE, BL had already fled- he drove the van from out west to FL. They had toll video footage and knew when he arrived. He was "home," and not likely to go any where else. The van was taken. Do not believe that he looked like a flight risk, at that point, IMO.

He was picked up in Colter Bay Village. The General Store there has an ATM machine. I was assuming that that was one of his first withdrawals with GP's ATM card.
ATM’s or cash machines as we say in the uk generally have CCTV so he could have potentially got cash out to further establish an alibi, plus he’s then got cash for the journey home. MOO

my IMO, thought is that to the local LE, BL had already fled- he drove the van from out west to FL. They had toll video footage and knew when he arrived. He was "home," and not likely to go any where else. The van was taken. Do not believe that he looked like a flight risk, at that point, IMO.
BBM - and THAT assumption was where they made their first mistake. MOO

@clair182
https://www.****************************/lodge/grandteton-colter-bay-village/
  • General Store
  • Gift Shop
  • Guided Lake Fishing
  • Hiking
  • Horseback Riding
  • John Colter Cafe Court

The General Store at Colter Bay Village

As Colter Bay Village is a temporary home for campers and cabin dwellers alike, the General Store is well stocked for every type of visitor. In addition to a wide selection of groceries, it offers snacks and beverages including liqor wine and beer. It offers an organic section with fresh fruit and homemade pastries.

The general store also has a hand dipped ice cream counter as well as a deli for grab and go items. We have ice and firewood for campers and an ATM for emergency cash. Be sure to stop in before you head out for a day of adventure.
Colter Bay Village

OK...anyone know the procedure for recovering cell phone data when the phones go missing? I would imagine the cell service carrier would have some of that info. Exactly how much info could be gleaned from billing records?

If this hasn't been answered already I think I can attempt to. A cellphone bill is just that, a bill, the one we all get each month if we own cellphones.

The data can be retrieved of what was on the phone if 1. it wasn't erased by the customer 2. cellphone locations by towers of when it was used 3. if it was a text or phone call 4. the duration of the call 4. the number of texts 5. video's/camera data 6. any other personal usage data.

But if the phone has been reset by customer the data may be lost, but the bill will still provide phone calls and texts and the times and dates and tower locations, just no detailed data.

Every one keeps giving Brian the benefit of the doubt that he is in his right mind and making rational decisions. IMO, if Rose was indeed telling the truth that Brian hears voices, and that Gabby had stayed at her place several times to escape Brian, IMO Brian could be suffering delusions and not thinking or acting like a normal rational person would, which is why nothing makes sense to rational Websluthers IMOIMO :)
True but also since none of us know about Brian's mental health and since there is no real evidence of him having any mental illness I think we can assume he is/was a "normal rational person". IMO the not making sense for us could be because thankfully (and hopefully) none of really know what a normal person would do/how they would react if they murdered someone (accidentally or on purpose). Wondering about this possible scenario: Brian could have been so terrified/traumatised when he realises that he killed Gabby that he just couldn't process it and so he dissociated - he left the scene and in his mind did not accept that it happened. Disconnecting and detaching completely, he goes home and he acts normal because in his head everything IS normal. He avoids talking about anything with his parents but since his demeanour is pretty normal they don't press him much (or maybe they themselves don't want to know if something bad happened). However, when Gabby's parents start calling and when she is reported missing he starts having flashbacks. Again his mind can't cope so he panics and does a runner.

All JMO and speculation of one possible scenario. Not sure how realistic it is but it's difficult trying to make sense of it all!

"I was too busy committing a Federal crime way over yonder" is quite an alibi.:eek:
Very true but he may not have known he would get in trouble for it if they shared the cards generally. I get money out for my husband all the time and vice versa, I’m not sure in that situation I’d be thinking they’d get me on a warrant for that. It’s good that they have that though so they can actually arrest him if they find him that is. This case honestly has me baffled.

If this hasn't been answered already I think I can attempt to. A cellphone bill is just that, a bill, the one we all get each month if we own cellphones.

The data can be retrieved of what was on the phone if 1. it wasn't erased by the customer 2. cellphone locations by towers of when it was used 3. if it was a text or phone call 4. the duration of the call 4. the number of texts 5. video's/camera data 6. any other personal usage data.

But if the phone has been reset by customer the data may be lost, but the bill will still provide phone calls and texts and the times and dates and tower locations, just no detailed data.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members