Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No service in Yellowstone" alleged message to Nicole Schmidt.

Separate issue - why is Nicole S now quite silent (and apparently asked to be so by the FBI) on the "No service in Yellowstone" text ? (This was referred to in a previous thread Quite extensively).

suspicion - it was sent on Brian's phone and signed Gabby (or it had more text on it than has been released). Obviously if an SMS comes in frm a foreign Cellphone, number the handset does not tag it with the name associated with the previous number.

It makes no sense to send a No service message from Gabby's phone - you are trying to send a message
out on a system you suspect does not work (a contra argument is that the Rx signal indicator was showing poor performance and the message was sent while driving before the tower connection finally dropped out). That suggests that Gabby's phone was on one provider's network and Brian's may have been on another's.

So Nichole S may have started assuming things and from an evidentiary standpoint the LE and prosecutor don't want a lot of red herrings floating about.

If NS is quoting more "Gabby phone " messages than in fact exist (and were sent by Brian post his murder of Gabby) then that provides a chink hole for defense to work into.

EDIT

"Petito's last known location was Aug. 25 in Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt told Fox News that she received a text from Petito's phone on Aug. 30, saying that there was no service in Yellowstone, but she does not believe that message was sent by her daughter."

But why did she not believe that ?? Was it in fact sent from a DIFFERENT Phone number ? Did Gabby have a special way of signing off messages.? Either the press has loused something up or there is more to the message than what is shown. The FBI by now of course would know what IMSI (internal handset number ) it was sent through (this is completely regardless of any SIM card swap that that BL might have done ) . There is some sensitivity about this message that Nichole S is not coming clean about .

End of Msg theories from KG for a while :))
Perhaps she didn't believe it came from her daughter because her daughter was not planning to go to Yosemite?

Thank you! So a lease rather than rental -- which makes a whole lot more sense. And they wouldn't have been able to trade it in for the van. Just return it at the end of the lease. jmo

eta: actually, is doesn't make much sense to drive a leased vehicle across country either, because you'd exceed your mileage limit pretty darn quick and the extra miles are very expensive, imo. But it's been a while since I've leased a car.

That alone would be expensive, along with the payout (residual value) when you turn the car in. Seems like a very expensive proposition.

Not off the bat, but WFLA JB has discussed it numerous times and shown it (or a facsimile thereof) on his online show. Should we presume that it was not fact-checked? jmo

Thanks. I don't know what to believe on that item. I didn't even know there was a disagreement over it in the msm.

SB talks about another camping foray to 2 separate places on 2 separate dates somewhere between the 10th and the 12th. Do we have any confirmation to this? Which parks? Were they making plans for BL?
So, what date did NPPD go to the house? Were they there when the van was towed away on the 11th?

Police reports mentioned LE calls as early as the 10th September but no report was made. Initial missing person report by GP’s parents to Laundrie home.

SB talks about another camping foray to 2 separate places on 2 separate dates somewhere between the 10th and the 12th. Do we have any confirmation to this? Which parks? Were they making plans for BL?
So, what date did NPPD go to the house? Were they there when the van was towed away on the 11th?
AFAIK from the redacted reports, NPPD visited the house on the 10th and 11th. The van was towed on the 11th at night. I’m curious to know when, specifically, the Mustang left the driveway.
Report: Florida police visited Laundrie home twice before Gabby Petito was reported missing

Does gas cost $1000 or more to get from Wyoming to Florida within a 2 day drive, or did Brian max out Gabby’s debit card and bank account?

(Btw, 1k is just the minimum amount to be criminally charged, he may have withdrew much more than that.)
No, it was calculated many threads back that gas would have cost him around $350.

He would also have to do something about:
1) His Dr. Spock ears
2) His duck walk
3) His hand and wrist tattoos.

Yes, that duck walk is positively tragic and, based on my friend's experience, would be almost impossible to overcome without medical intervention.

Personally, I don't care for tattoos. But I guess the good news is that we now have several generations of people who've made it much less easy for them to remain anonymous. So there's that. :D

Last edited:
Thank you! So a lease rather than rental -- which makes a whole lot more sense. And they wouldn't have been able to trade it in for the van. Just return it at the end of the lease. jmo

eta: actually, is doesn't make much sense to drive a leased vehicle across country either, because you'd exceed your mileage limit pretty darn quick and the extra miles are very expensive, imo. But it's been a while since I've leased a car.
You absolutely can trade in a leased car early for credit towards a new vehicle. This example is from Toyota: Can I trade in my lease?

Does gas cost $1000 or more to get from Wyoming to Florida within a 2 day drive, or did Brian max out Gabby’s debit card and bank account?

(Btw, 1k is just the minimum amount to be criminally charged, he may have withdrew much more than that.)
OK. It is an average of 2400 miles from Great Teton Park to North Port Florida - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nor...ecc91a337!2m2!1d-110.6817627!2d43.7904282!3e0

It appears that the van is not very economical on gas - it runs on regular gas and does on average 26 miles per gallon on the highway.

Average price per gallon is $3.50 for regular gas.

So just over $320 in gas.

Curious is the Laundrie family own property in the mountains or have a cabin somewhere… probably not since they camp out of a truck… but it’s definitely an avenue the FBI should be looking at. IMO BL could be a Timothy Mcvey…unabomber camping style.. just sayin. Lol.

Perhaps she didn't believe it came from her daughter because her daughter was not planning to go to Yosemite?
I have corrected my earlier post from Yellowstone to Yosemite NB the NEWS report is WRONG it quotes Yellowstone. (typical of news IMO). Ok the issue is in some of the later interviews she says to the effect "I can't talk about that message " as if that message is sensitive to LE or that there is something now that makes it untouchable . I am speculating on what that might be - Ie she made assumptions re that call and LE may have pointed out a few facts to her now.

For instance if the charge sheet for BL includes / will include impersonation using a wire service , then you can't have all sorts of different count numbers for the number of impersonations. That's the sort of issue.

KG

There are really very few solid, documented facts in this case on which to speculate. We can accept that what SB has said, is something he said, but we can't accept it as being factual. Same for the parents, same for the sister. Same for the neighbors. We need photos and dates and times, and there is a dearth of them. And documents. We know that BL was at the campground from CaL's photos of him and her kids on the 6th before dark. No one has seen hide nor hair of him since. jmo
I’m of the opinion that when Joe Petito sent the last text to the Laundrie family on 9/10 indicating they would be calling the police because they had not heard from GAbby and Brian, that’s when Brian high tailed it outta there. That’s IF he even returned to the house from the family reunion at De Soto campground on 9/8. I’d be willing to bet money when the LE showed up the next day to ask questions and were handed Bertilinos info, Brian wasn’t even there in the residence. If Brian showed up unannounced on 9/1 (which I seriously doubt) and Brian confessed to whatever happened, (which I believe some peppered with truth story was given to his parents if not the whole sordid details) the Laundries had a full 10 days to implement plans to allow their son to flee. I don’t care what any attorney advised, and what crime my child may or may not be involved with, if I’m truly worried about their well-being when they haven’t returned, I’d be out there searching. I’d be in front of every camera I could begging them to turn themselves in, we’ll stand by you, but come home. These parents never showed an ounce of concern for Gabby or their own son. Whatever nonsense clean up they may think they are portraying by CL leading LE to Brian’s favorite trails, went wayward when I saw him smiling and yucking it up with LE after that half assed attempt to “help”. These are no the behaviors or mannerisms of concerned parents. They’re either afflicted with disassociative disorders, or well aware their sociopathic son is safe, warm, and eating well somewhere. IMO

Given everyone’s replies above-where would he get the resources to sustain himself this long? I truly have an issue with media in that they subscribe with one view without exploring other avenues or ignore altogether. I do think he was the one responsible for Gabby’s death, but I am having a hard time believing that he is in hiding. I just think that is a scenario that should be considered.

You absolutely can trade in a leased car early for credit towards a new vehicle. This example is from Toyota: Can I trade in my lease?

And then there is this from the article "Keep in mind, though, that oftentimes the payoff value exceeds the trade-in value, so be prepared to have that amount added to your new purchase or lease instead of getting any cost taken off".
Leasing a car is not the best option for most folks - Not sure how long their lease contract was for but at the same time "if" they put a lot of $ down for the vehicle, then they might come out on top but the mileage would have had to pay a lot down to come out ahead of the deal.

I agree with all of this however the van even had a personalized license plate that said 'GBZ', (Gabs was her nickname according to Joe) further indicating the van was 100% Gabby's.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember it.

I know that the parents saw a Wyoming car with those three letters GBZ....but i don't remember ever knowing of a personalized Florida plate. Not too expensive, but not too cheap either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo