Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions about where both Brian and Gabby have lived say over the last 10 years, as this seems a bit hazy to me.

We know that they both went to school together in Suffolk, NY and were recently living in North Port, FL.
I have seen post that mentions Gabby living in NC in between NY and FL. Was Brian with her then?

Does anyone have a timeline for where both have lived since leaving school?

It may give a better idea of where Brian could be and what his habits are.

Totally with you on this, hence my post just before yours. Seems our minds are meandering in the same direction.

They only knew what their darling son told them. My GUESS is that he may have told them not to respond to her or her parents, depending upon what story he told them. That all blew up in BL's face (if he was even home on the 10th and11 th) When petito told them he was calling the police, and on the 11th when the van was towed away. jmo
I agree. And certainly if he told them that there was an incident and GP was not alive, the reflex would be to call OJ Simpsons team, not a real estate attorney. This part never added up for me, thus I do not think he fully disclosed everything. IMO

I disagree. No attorney would recommend this if they knew what we are saying he knew.
Just to clarify (this was a response to my post)—I’m not saying that SB recommended BL go on the lam, just that he was retained before GP’s parents and LE got involved and prescribed absolute silence. I do believe that BE’s parents helped him run. MOO.

Edited to remove accidental quote

Last edited:
There was an article way back, Brian in a bar, and he ( and this was the word used by the teller of the story ) inserted himself into their conversation, consisting of various political views in a combative tone, ( which was why it was memorable) ... such a telling action, ... at that point, and it was a day or so without Gabby, and he was lonely.

Brian doesn't appear to me to be a bloke who can stand to be alone . I know the story of the weeks on the AT, the peanuts, the cheese crackers, but I don't believe a word of it. That he told people he did that, that I believe. That he actually did that on his extremely flat feet, no. That I don't believe..

And I don't think Brian is the sort of bloke who attracts loyalty from other men, either. Some woman could be helping him, but that is a stretch too far.. Brian is expensive, and times are tough all round. ...

I think the articles about the angry person in the bar were not proven to be him, but the person being attacked as a republican thought it may have been him?

I agree with you … the van life trip was “glamping” which is great if that’s what you’re into. Drive into the wild but still stop in town for food, showers, restaurants, internet, every few days. I’m not sure his AT trip(s) were much more “on his own” but I guess we don’t know. Did he stop into a town every two to three days to buy food while on the AT, or did he fish and eat wild plants and cheese crackers? Good question!

Given everyone’s replies above-where would he get the resources to sustain himself this long? I truly have an issue with media in that they subscribe with one view without exploring other avenues or ignore altogether. I do think he was the one responsible for Gabby’s death, but I am having a hard time believing that he is in hiding. I just think that is a scenario that should be considered.
Extended family?

Given everyone’s replies above-where would he get the resources to sustain himself this long? I truly have an issue with media in that they subscribe with one view without exploring other avenues or ignore altogether. I do think he was the one responsible for Gabby’s death, but I am having a hard time believing that he is in hiding. I just think that is a scenario that should be considered.
Cash? Stashed in the home safe for years? No withdrawals, no trace. Just guess’n…

I wonder if you actually have to retain an attorney that you have known for over 20 years.

Particularly if Bertolino has handled legal aspects for the Laundries during that 20 years.
Would he already be considered 'their lawyer', if they approached him for help in this matter, without having to sign/pay a specific retainer?
Maybe not the parents, but I haven’t read of any reason that Brian would have needed an attorney prior to all this. He would have had to sign a retainer as well—his parents’ agreement would not have covered him personally. MOO

Totally with you on this, hence my post just before yours. Seems our minds are meandering in the same direction.
Ha! My mind has been tossing this one over the past couple of days, but the thread is closed and then I forget. Your post must have pricked my memory :)

Okay this is going to sound crazy but the hand in the garden is top again in news...Have you noticed that the building is next to the garden? Could the building have a hidden door in floor?

When BL parents went to "look for their son" there and saw the note on the car they just happened to have the keys with them to drive it home? Do they have an extra set of keys to the Mustang?

I wonder if you actually have to retain an attorney that you have known for over 20 years.

Particularly if Bertolino has handled legal aspects for the Laundries during that 20 years.
Would he already be considered 'their lawyer', if they approached him for help in this matter, without having to sign/pay a specific retainer?

I think SB helped them, at least initially, as a courtesy due to their apparent long-term relationship. Then, he really got into it, whether or not he meant to get so deep and whether or not he was qualified. But he's hip-deep now... to the detriment, IMO, of his clients and himself. JMHO and SMH. No pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member