Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazier things have happened :).

Re the first part of your post - were those photos dated? What if they were taken on a previous trip? But either way - just because someone looks happy and normal, does not mean they are.
I don’t believe the photos online displayed dates, so that’s correct, unless verified, who knows. Maybe some media site got hold of ones and fudged the story a bit. Curious if anyone has a verified link. I recall it was posted about here as people were talking about how he had a “red shirt” on his head in the pics and the person in NC/TN who swears he spotted him asking for directions to California said he had a shirt or bandana on his head. The “shirt” in the beach pics looked to me to be a UV sunblocking lightweight hat that has a back flap to protect your neck.

I agree. And certainly if he told them that there was an incident and GP was not alive, the reflex would be to call OJ Simpsons team, not a real estate attorney. This part never added up for me, thus I do not think he fully disclosed everything. IMO

I tend to agree with this BUT if at the point they realized they had been fed some fooey stew, why wouldn't they just come forward and speak the truth? I know for myself, if my son came to me and told me this story, then I found out I was fed fooey, I would definitely advise him to go face the consequences of his deeds. I would try to hire a good attorney to see if he could possibly make a plea deal instead of helping him run and hide; IF he did what most think he did.
This is why I think most are upset with the parents.
IF he never told them the full truth and just disappeared on his own, then we shouldn't be so hard on them but I find it hard to believe they did not know he was disappearing.

Extended family?
I'm thinking that if he is holed up somewhere, and if it is with extended family/friends, they either have no TV/internet and really don't know, or they could also be in danger and BL is in control of everything, including them.

Far fetched, maybe. I just don't know how after 2 weeks he hasn't been shaken out of the woods.
I do not think even an extended relative/friend if they knew what was happening, would choose to protect him. So well stocked fishing/hunting cabin in the woods, abandoned trailer? All just MOO. But, this opinion of him being alive and well, is based on the absolute cavalier attitude of the parents.
Again JMO.

He actually was named a POI on 9/15, so prior to that press conference on the 16th.

Our focus is to find Gabby. My focus isn’t to bring Brian in right now, it’s to find Gabby,” North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison said on Sept. 16, one day after Laundrie was officially labeled a person of interest in the investigation. “Brian is exercising his constitutional rights and I have to respect that. But as of right now, the focus is finding Gabby.”

Brian Laundrie search: Police did ‘everything we could’ to keep eye on him before disappearance | WFLA

I am just catching up today so my comment will land pages after the quoted post above. Maybe I will find that the thoughts/questions I have will already have been addressed after I post this and continue to get caught up. In the BBM above, it just occurred to me-since the Chief Todd Garrison said the priority was to find Gabby, did they think Gabby might be in North Port initially? I don't remember hearing about any searches for Gabby in North Port so I was wondering what NPP were doing to find Gabby? Were they providing stuff to Wyoming LE?

This has turned into quite a mystery hasnt it?
Would the authorities release the cause of death at this juncture?

I imagine that will happen once the autopsy is complete. They may be waiting on further testing, or perhaps additional expert analysis or something.

I suppose it's also possible that they are waiting for the investigation to be complete, and they do have those results.

Interesting line of reasoning, but a bit confusing. Do you kill someone you love?

And if you do, how do you act afterwards? How might one expect someone to act afterwards? It's not clear to me.

JMO

Do you kill someone you love? Fair question. We probably have to define the meaning of "love" for the person who kills someone they love. In their mind, they love the person, and I think they do love the person to the extent that they are capable of loving a significant other person. I believe the BL loved GP to the extent that he was able to love someone and desire to commit to a long-term relationship (marriage).

I found this article on this topic which attempts to address the complexity of this issue:
Why Do (Some) Men Murder the Wives They Love?

ETA: Below is a quote from BL's Instagram on July 3, 2020, on the photo in which he is wearing a suit and she a nice dress, wine glasses in hand. An engagement photo?

bizarre_design_
My biggest fear is that one day I’ll wake up and it will have all been a dream, because that is what every second has felt like since the moment we found each other. Till death do us part or until I wake up, I’m so happy the answer was yes, Love you hunny. [End Quote]

The article says that one of the "conditions of risk" is:
  • The man perceives the woman to be his whole world, so he feels that any separation from her entails a loss of his own identity.

Last edited:
I don’t believe the photos online displayed dates, so that’s correct, unless verified, who knows. Maybe some media site got hold of ones and fudged the story a bit. Curious if anyone has a verified link. I recall it was posted about here as people were talking about how he had a “red shirt” on his head in the pics and the person in NC/TN who swears he spotted him asking for directions to California said he had a shirt or bandana on his head. The “shirt” in the beach pics looked to me to be a UV sunblocking lightweight hat that has a back flap to protect your neck.
I am GUESSING that the photos were from CAl's camera or her husbands. I'm GUESSING that she showed them to the FBI. If she lied to the FBI, she is in trouble, I GUESS.

I tend to agree with this BUT if at the point they realized they had been fed some fooey stew, why wouldn't they just come forward and speak the truth? I know for myself, if my son came to me and told me this story, then I found out I was fed fooey, I would definitely advise him to go face the consequences of his deeds. I would try to hire a good attorney to see if he could possibly make a plea deal instead of helping him run and hide; IF he did what most think he did.
This is why I think most are upset with the parents.
IF he never told them the full truth and just disappeared on his own, then we shouldn't be so hard on them but I find it hard to believe they did not know he was disappearing.
Agree, with all of this. But perhaps now, they are so knee deep, and up the creek without a paddle, and have not come forward because they don't have the best legal counsel. I think he snowed them too, but why they haven't broke yet? That's a 180,000 dollar question.

Just thinking about how people can blend in. Ted Bundy became a Mormon. And when he was in jail they actually sent him cards. I know times are different but if his appearance if different and there are not super sleuth's out there it's possible. At this point. . . anything is possible. I'm just waiting for the ending. JMO.

Agree, with all of this. But perhaps now, they are so knee deep, and up the creek without a paddle, and have not come forward because they don't have the best legal counsel. I think he snowed them too, but why they haven't broke yet? That's a 180,000 dollar question.

Maybe whatever they told the authorities turned out to be the truth, when the investigators looked into it?

Just replying as to what I would do. If I were this deep in the fooey stew; I still think I would put on some big old swamp boots (is that what they call them?) and pull myself out before I drown in the fooey. Not sure what it will take for them to put the swamp boots on but hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later.
I do feel for them because personally, I would have never let it get this far out of control.

Could be, but wouldn’t that mean he premeditated this? Guys, And I hate to be disrespectful, but I dont see that as a forethought coming from him. And on that note, why use her card?
But we know at this point he is not below stealing. Maybe his dad had money put away and BL took it. If you live low, how much money does one need? We have a cash stash in our home (don't tell BL), just in case. I could live off it for a month or so. And his dad is a business owner so maybe he's got a stash. JMO

I agree. After a week I became convinced he’s dead. Suicide or otherwise. He had to realize life as he knew it was over.
I completely agree, but if he committed suicide then that is a scenario we need to explore, as well-IMO I just want her family to have a resolution, so I am trying to look at all situations that could have transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak