Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me. And if that’s the case, he’ll have been on the lam successfully for one month come Monday. C&R may have helped him prep for departure, but I don’t see how they’d be able to help him now with media & FBI scrutiny. Jmo

Yea too many moving parts IMHO. Its possible even plausible the parents initially gave Brian the benefit of the doubt, but they were concerned obviously thus the attorney. Once he was home and the Petito's became more insistent, there was likely arguing and fighting. Brian leaves and though they our concerned, but I don't think they are helping him at all, now or even earlier.

MOO its possible there was issues before the trip, it could have lead to trip FWIW.

Jason Marsteiner, founder and president of The Survival University, said when he sends trainees of his program in the wilderness — for just about a week after they’ve gone through a 50-day course — they struggle.

“Twenty-five days in that area is extremely tough. I wouldn’t want to do it and I’ve got jungle training, I’ve got mountain training,” he said. “He’s not sleeping well, and when you don’t sleep you slowly drive yourself insane, so he would be making bad decisions, bad choices and I think that would cause him to be found or get injured or perish.”

It’s unclear what Laundrie took with him when he left. His parents told police he left home with a backpack.

“If he had ways to disinfect the water through filtration and (cover) to protect himself from the weather and things like that, he could survive for a certain period of time,” survival expert Dave Canterbury told CNN’s Erin Burnett on Thursday. “If he had ways to gather food and process that food, he could survive even longer.”

But Laundrie would likely have to process and cook the food he gathers, Canterbury added, and if his water filtration system failed, he would have to find another way to disinfect the water. Both of those things would likely require him starting a fire.
Could Brian Laundrie still be alive if he's in Florida's Carlton Reserve? Here's what survival experts think

“If he had ways to disinfect the water through filtration and (cover) to protect himself from the weather and things like that, he could survive for a certain period of time,” survival expert Dave Canterbury told CNN’s Erin Burnett on Thursday. “If he had ways to gather food and process that food, he could survive even longer.”
So in other words, if you can gather the means and skills to survive well, never mind about some silly, pesky FBI manhunt after you…

well, bedtime here. hoping to wake to some news!
Unidentified male body found yesterday in NC near: Thunder Hill Overlook, Blowing Rock, NC 28605
distance to North Port, FL: 743 miles 10hours 57 minutes via I-95 b by car; by foot is 712 miles 233 hours. Death investigation underway after body found along Blue Ridge Parkway, officials say
I am not sure whether I want this to be BL, or whether i want it to be someone else who's family needs to know. I also sort of wonder, if it is BL how this factoid hasn't been leaked out by some anonymous source. . . JMO

Im sure the kids were just told she wouldn’t be there. Who cares if they asked? Just because a kid asks something doesn’t mean they need an answer. It’s honestly hard to tell why you are upset about the kids right now. I’m sure CL was told not to answer calls from Gabby’s family, but she may not have been told why. It’s really unfair to bring her kids into this discussion.

Also, there's been talk about Gabby and Brian having relationship problems--including the trip when he flew back--and if that was the case, I could see Cassie telling her kids not to ask about Gabby. I would hazard a guess that Cassie knew Gabby wouldn't be there--her parents likely invited her to join them and Brian, but even her parents might have told her talking about Gabby would be a sore subject because it might upset Brian.

We're really in the dark on all of that, but when I heard Cassie talk, I didn't get any sense that she was being dishonest. A couple of times she said she wasn't supposed to talk about something, but I feel as though what she did say was honest.

JMOO

Unidentified male body found yesterday in NC near: Thunder Hill Overlook, Blowing Rock, NC 28605
distance to North Port, FL: 743 miles 10hours 57 minutes via I-95 b by car; by foot is 712 miles 233 hours. Death investigation underway after body found along Blue Ridge Parkway, officials say
I would conclude from this that if the body belongs to BL, he had to be in a car part way. 712 miles is approx 7 weeks of walking. You can go faster, but IMO BL wasn’t in that kind of shape. The 712 miles might also be by road. On a trail is waaay longer.
What hasn’t been considered is whether BL could have been thrown out of a car. In other words: MURDER. He’s not exactly popular right now.

MOO

I imagine the situation went something like this...Brian turns up at home on September 1 without Gabby. He says, we broke up, it was bad, I don't want to talk about it. If she or her parents call, don't answer. I don't want to get into it. Another episode in their on/off relationship.

A couple of weeks go by, then a call comes in from one of the Petitos. You ignore it, but then later another, and another come in, so you ask Brian what's going on.

He either tells you, and you call an attorney who tells you to not talk to anyone, including the Petitos.

Or he doesn't tell you but says he needs an attorney, who tells you not to talk to anyone including the Petitos.

So they follow the legal advice and don't talk, which is what everyone is advised to do.

But even if they ignore the advice, what are they going to say if they answer the phone? If Brian told them what happened, are they going to answer the phone and say "yes Brian killed Gabby"? If they don't know what happened except that Brian asked for an attorney, are you going to say "we don't know where Gabby is but Brian has an attorney and isn't talking." I don't see what good would come of that... It wouldn't help the Petitos at all and would be going against legal advice.

I think the Laundries have been put into an unimaginable tough spot by their son, who appears to be solely responsible for what happened. Although I can imagine better ways of handling the situation, I am not going to cast judgement on them for how they handled a horrible situation that I hope to G_d I never have to face.

MOO

So in other words, if you can gather the means and skills to survive well, never mind about some silly, pesky FBI manhunt after you…
Giggles in the morning. Love it. Can you imagine him a fugitive on the run in 27 years? Here’s one who did:

He can't remember when they got to Georgia, only that the weather was turning cold and he had big blisters on his feet. The car ran out of gas somewhere in North Carolina, so they'd sold it, bought camping gear and set out on foot, taking the Appalachian Trail for a while, then sticking to the highway, where people occasionally offered rides.

In Murray County, Ga., they got permission to camp at the Saddle Club, a place that hosted equestrian events.

They became Eric and Diane Coleman. He missed his parents. She missed her mother. Each had a sister. They dared not contact them for fear of being caught. At Thanksgivings, Christmases and birthdays, the mood fell. They wondered if their families were well - or even alive.
……………………………………………………………………………………
Every day for 27 years, he got up and told himself he could get through one more. Richard Boucher knew the sham could be over at any time.

Police once stopped him as he walked along the highway with the bookbag he always carried. They figured he was a transient. He explained he lived just up the road. That was always the end of it.

He never slept well. Noises made his heart pound.

When the police came for him at the trailer on Hooker Road, appearing in the woods with guns drawn, he thought they were looking for someone else. Then they used his real name. That one he hadn't heard in so long.

He wondered, in his soft, polite manner of speaking, how much longer he could have done it?
……………………………………………………………………………………
Richard Boucher called his dad from jail.

His mother, he learned, died five years ago. He regrets that she never knew what had become of her son; that so many people expected the worst for so many years.

He still doesn't sleep well.

"There are too many things," he said. "I couldn't list them all. I'll never get that back."
Fugitive says life on run was full of loneliness, loss and lies

With likely <1% of the evidence released at this point, I am remaining neutral pending more data that may explain why certain parties are behaving the way they are. A crucial piece of the missing information is exactly what Brian told his parents when he returned. We have zero information about that. Zero.

One possibility that I have not seen discussed is that Brian may have come home with the explanation there was another incidence of DV and this time a mutual restraining order was issued. Gabby flew back to her parents in NY and Brian drove the van back to FL. In the meantime (according to Brian) Gabby and her family have continued to harass him with phone calls and texts despite the restraining order. So the parents called their lawyer for advice. Given the story, the attorney advises no contact with Gabby or her family and to forward any communication from LE for the attorney to deal with it. So that is exactly what they did. Ignored the calls from Gabby's family and referred LE to the attorney.

Of course, this is also speculation, but it is logical speculation that perfectly explains the behavior of the parents that seems so inexplicable to those of us on the outside operating with only 1% of the data. jmo

Thank you for bringing in a fresh idea. We really have almost no clue about any facts in this case and this is as logical as any other speculation at this point

“You don’t know if he’s standing in the park across the street or behind the golf course.

“But if you’re sending someone to take him some clothes and food.

“Pretty soon,” Dog said, “the lies come back to bite you.”

“You know what these guys do when they get caught? They got authors that come to them in prison and go ‘Listen you're all done and you need commissary money. You’re going to tell us what really happened, we're going to write your autobiography.”

“And 99.9% of these criminals, tell the truth. ‘Oh my mom and dad helped me out, but I made them.’”

Dog also claimed that if Brian was helped that “he's gonna rat off Mom and Dad. If he's going to kill his girlfriend, who he loves- he's going to tell on mom and dad.”

“One of these days the men in black are gonna knock on that door and say ‘Excuse me, Mr. Chris, but we have a United States warrant for your arrest.’”
Laundrie's parents could may be jailed if it turns out they’ve helped him

According to the lady who picked up Brian hitchhiking, he told her his name and that his fiance was working on a website, etc. I'm wondering why, if he knew Gabby was dead when he caught that ride, would he divulge his personal information to a stranger? If he's so sly now, and able to deter national publicity and a $1 mil + LE search, why was he so careless on that day?
A) He was making small talk and telling the truth and was out spending time away from her after the Merry Piglet's fight in Jackson on the 27th.
B) He was intentionally creating an alibi to claim he was away from Gabby when she was killed. Perhaps he thought he would return on foot to find a scene where she was found and then he could feign innocence?

Also, there's been talk about Gabby and Brian having relationship problems--including the trip when he flew back--and if that was the case, I could see Cassie telling her kids not to ask about Gabby. I would hazard a guess that Cassie knew Gabby wouldn't be there--her parents likely invited her to join them and Brian, but even her parents might have told her talking about Gabby would be a sore subject because it might upset Brian.

We're really in the dark on all of that, but when I heard Cassie talk, I didn't get any sense that she was being dishonest. A couple of times she said she wasn't supposed to talk about something, but I feel as though what she did say was honest.

JMOO
I find it interesting that the two times (that we know of) that CaL sees BL after his return home without GP occur AWAY from the Laundrie home - first at CaL’s home on Sept 1 and then at Fort DeSoto campground on Sept 6.

Was that so CaL would not be made aware BL returned WITH GP’s van?

Some good info here lately with plausible ideas.

Yes, we do not know what LE knows. They often will mislead and certainly withhold info

We have no idea what BL told parents snd when

It is possible BL is still alive and in Carlton Reserve. FBI certainly believe it is a possibility, having given CL access and requested his help in flushing him out. They didn’t send him in there to find a corpse. Likely some sign of someone in there.

He could be dead. Bodies found are bringing BL to mind. Most all of us believe that it is entirely possible that a corpse found is his

He could be hiding out elsewhere, in another reserve, in some shack, squatting in someone’s empty place, among the homeless or just lying low in in someone’s basement

We aren’t much further than where we’re from day he took off in terms of finding him

I googled just 'dead body Blue Ridge Parkway' and overall it seems to be a somewhat frequent place for this sort of thing. Hate to start the day off morbid. JMO.

Just did some Googling, too, and seems this is a popular spot for suicides. Found from a defunct Facebook Post:

"Suicide was the leading cause of death on the Blue Ridge Parkway last year, with 10 individuals ending their lives in this beautiful place. Park rangers are trained to assist individuals in times of crisis and have responded to 9 suicide attempts this year that resulted in successful intervention."

But then there's these stats...

Most Dangerous National Parks in the U.S. | Fatal Accident Statistics

I find it interesting that the two times (that we know of) that CaL sees BL after his return home without GP occur AWAY from the Laundrie home - first at CaL’s home on Sept 1 and then at Fort DeSoto campground on Sept 6.

Was that so CaL would not be made aware BL returned WITH GP’s van?

I do in my own opinion think that was just a coincidence… They each have their own family life and maybe it was just easier to go visit Cassie or go camping and have a nice afternoon as opposed to her going to the Laundrie house. MOO.

A) He was making small talk and telling the truth and was out spending time away from her after the Merry Piglet's fight in Jackson on the 27th.
B) He was intentionally creating an alibi to claim he was away from Gabby when she was killed. Perhaps he thought he would return on foot to find a scene where she was found and then he could feign innocence?

He also could have simply been doing a walk about. A lot of campers do. I always do. I take my dogs with me when i do mine. But I love spending a day in the wilderness. My family do not.

“You don’t know if he’s standing in the park across the street or behind the golf course.

“But if you’re sending someone to take him some clothes and food.

“Pretty soon,” Dog said, “the lies come back to bite you.”

“You know what these guys do when they get caught? They got authors that come to them in prison and go ‘Listen you're all done and you need commissary money. You’re going to tell us what really happened, we're going to write your autobiography.”

“And 99.9% of these criminals, tell the truth. ‘Oh my mom and dad helped me out, but I made them.’”

Dog also claimed that if Brian was helped that “he's gonna rat off Mom and Dad. If he's going to kill his girlfriend, who he loves- he's going to tell on mom and dad.”

“One of these days the men in black are gonna knock on that door and say ‘Excuse me, Mr. Chris, but we have a United States warrant for your arrest.’”
Laundrie's parents could may be jailed if it turns out they’ve helped him

Yes, possibilities. But unlikely parents sending him anything right now. They are under a lot of scrutiny. Unless they Leona barrel of cash in their house, unlikely they have him much before he left either. Feds could trace such activity. I believe the parents and Feds pretty much are too MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1