Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to the time he flew home. I think whatever happened later had to be rooted there. I don't think he flew home to clean out a storage space. That makes no sense. He may have done that while he was there but I doubt it's the reason for the trip. At the Moab stop Gabby seemed utterly distraught at the thought of being without BL. Not of being alone, just without BL. Why would she be ok with being without him for a week just because she was in a hotel? She still would have been without him. I'll admit there are entire pages I missed when these threads were moving like lightning so maybe I missed something that would explain this. I know her dad got pizza for her when she was there but did she tell him why she was there? Did he know she was alone? Was her mom aware of this? This weird part of the timeline keeps niggling at me as something important but I can't quite get a handle on it. Just me? Anyone else feel this way?
Something changed?
But what?
I'm not so sure they were.fighting a lot her mom.even her dad said no they were not.aware of any fights!
To.me it was the time.comsumed.for the vlog she was.doing!
Seems.after.6 hours at the co top he said ok that's enough she wasn't having it he took.her.phone! Said hey im.gonna.just.leave.u here! I can see.this argument clearly ! He takes.phone she's grabbing g for it hes.pushing her away! She was.distraught over.this vlog! He said Maybe she couldn't do.it! I do t think they were.fighting.over anything else!
How.long were they at the restaurant where he was.upset! Were they there so long their
lunch.prices became dinner prices?
did he fly back. to.Florida so.she could.do.her blog and he would t have.to.just sit there?
There is more.to this than we know! I hope we.hear his explanation sometime soon!
I think he was.going.to hitchhike home.at first. Then went back.for the van!
Who.knows!
Just.my thoughts.today

I keep going back to the time he flew home. I think whatever happened later had to be rooted there. I don't think he flew home to clean out a storage space. That makes no sense. He may have done that while he was there but I doubt it's the reason for the trip. At the Moab stop Gabby seemed utterly distraught at the thought of being without BL. Not of being alone, just without BL. Why would she be ok with being without him for a week just because she was in a hotel? She still would have been without him. I'll admit there are entire pages I missed when these threads were moving like lightning so maybe I missed something that would explain this. I know her dad got pizza for her when she was there but did she tell him why she was there? Did he know she was alone? Was her mom aware of this? This weird part of the timeline keeps niggling at me as something important but I can't quite get a handle on it. Just me? Anyone else feel this way?

Why would it be important? It just doesnt seem to be important to me. I do not think BL planned to murder Gabby. Whatever the reason is certainly not justification for killing her. It is already evident that the relationship had some problems. On and off engagement. DV report. She was upset with him at restaraunt shortly before all of this exploded. So what if the trip meant that the relationship was going astray? Enough motive already, and no way to prove reason for trip home ever. Can't even believe any reports that might slip out. We can never know for sure. Does anyone think he and parents were planning this murder and his disappearance and a place to hide out? IMOO, I do not think so.

What matters is what happened to Gabby? How did she die? Is there enough evidence to charge BL with the homicide? Most important right now, where is BL?

I mean, it’s really only problematic when the owner of the account doesn’t give consent for the use of the account, right? You get caught using your mom’s card to pick up her groceries, she can clear that up for you no problem. Dead people cannot give consent. That is why BL has a warrant for this crime IMO.
I believe that you can't just give consent informally for someone to use your account. That would be a breach of contract with the financial institution, and you are at fault.. People do it all the time, but in a case like this, or an overdraw, people also get busted! jmo

I'm not sure I feel the same way, but if this was planned before the Moab stop, then it couldn't have happened at a better time.

If that had nothing to do with directly, I'm sure they needed a break from one another to just recharge and hit reset. Sadly it didn't help at all.

Just 4 days later she was dead, he was in a panic and wasn't thinking clearly. However the hitchhiking stories could have been planned by BL to create a alibi. I just don't think they worked in his favor, just made him more suspicious. imo

Wish he had just stayed in Florida and the cruelest thing for Gabby would be finding a way home in that van, but at least she would still be alive.

Between August 12th and the 17th is was most likely more fighting, more drama, and it was probably just a way to delay how it finally ended when he initially flew back to Florida to clean out the storage locker.

If you've kept up with the SB nonsense, he said it probably last week, that BL and Gabby shared expenses, like 50/50. I personally don't believe that, I think Gabby was the main supporter financially on this trip and he was along for the ride. Just a gut feeling on my part. JMO

But during the Dr. Phil show late last week, the Petito's family attorney stated that he believes Gabby paid for the plane tickets for BL's flight to Florida on the 17th. Just one more reason for me to believe the clear imbalance of available money. That just makes me sad to think and have it confirmed by the Petito attorney.

JMO JMO JMO

Last edited:
Call me a cynic but this sounds awfully like he is bowing out....

Anyone else surprised to the degree that Brian has been able to evade Dog and the FBI? Not one single solid lead so far.
It does sound like that, yes.

And absolutely: I had VERY high hopes initially when BOTH FBI and DTBH appeared to be hot on the trail. Now, not so much….:oops:

One possible explanation for the failure to apprehend BL: He’s not out in nature reserves nor on trails. He’s holed up in a remote cabin with supplies in NY State.

Anyone else surprised to the degree that Brian has been able to evade Dog and the FBI? Not one single solid lead so far.

I’ve said before that my husband is military and he would have struggled to stay of the radar for this long. No confirmed sightings, something is definitely amiss. It’s like he’s vanished into thin air. Completely baffles me. Being on the run must be incredibly hard, always looking over your shoulder, how do you get money for food/water/clothes or a job, lack of sleep, always on the move etc etc. If he’s committed suicide why has his body not being found? How would he afford to be on the run? So many questions.

Investigation Discovery to air new segment:
Gabby Petito: ID Special Report
Wednesday, Oct 13, 9pm/8 central.

Hope they have new info. This re-reporting (disguised as new info) & expert panel rehashing/ review is getting tiresome. We need an arrest & justice.
It's unlikely that they have new information at the rate that new information is coming out. But there might be information that is new to you or me if we missed a detail that came out.

Why would it be important? It just doesnt seem to be important to me. I do not think BL planned to murder Gabby. Whatever the reason is certainly not justification for killing her. It is already evident that the relationship had some problems. On and off engagement. DV report. She was upset with him at restaraunt shortly before all of this exploded. So what if the trip meant that the relationship was going astray? Enough motive already, and no way to prove reason for trip home ever. Can't even believe any reports that might slip out. We can never know for sure. Does anyone think he and parents were planning this murder and his disappearance and a place to hide out? IMOO, I do not think so.

What matters is what happened to Gabby? How did she die? Is there enough evidence to charge BL with the homicide? Most important right now, where is BL?

Ok it doesn't seem important to you. As I said YMMV. The wonderful thing about the WS forum is that there is room for everyone's opinions. If we all felt/thought the same then there would be very few discussions and the topic would be 3 threads long, not 50+! I never said it was a justification for killing her, whatever the reason was for the trip. JMO

On the previous thread, there was a discussion about Brian having a handgun. I had written these thoughts but the thread closed before I could post. Thank you for bearing with me on that wordy explanation.

Actually, I think he had his gun with him. Recalling the Moab police stop, he was asked where Gabby’s phone was and he said it was in a “spot” and then retrieved it. Could this “spot” have also been the location of his handgun?

I think he had threatened her in the past and that was the cause of her hysteria. She was afraid. Been there!

MOO IMHO

When Gabby's remains (not even a body) was found, even early reports stated that it was suspected that they were hers. Not a word officially of any suspicion that these are BL's. Which leads me to believe that there is no way this is him..
To add to this, there are other missing in the area. Just as an example-Timothy Lee Braswell. I believe a few hours away was where he was last seen, but still my point would be that there more of a chance that it’s someone else, especially since we haven’t heard a thing-as you’re saying.

Could someone please help me find the photo of BL and his Dad out hiking - BL has a multi-day pack on. I have googled this but cannot find it, however I saw it here. IIRC Rickshawfan was commenting about the off-center way he was wearing the belt.

I'm asking because if BL truly is a devotee of the barefoot Arizona survivalist Cody Lundin, then I think he is wearing the fanny pack that Lundin says you should never be without -a survival pack. If he is following this it could explain why he showed up hitchhiking with what only appeared to be a tarp IMO.

Something changed?
But what?
I'm not so sure they were.fighting a lot her mom.even her dad said no they were not.aware of any fights!
Seems.after.6 hours at the co top he said ok that's enough she wasn't having it he took.her.phone! Said hey im.gonna.just.leave.u here! I can see.this argument clearly ! He takes.phone she's grabbing g for it hes.pushing her away! She was.distraught over.this vlog! He said Maybe she couldn't do.it! I do t think they were.fighting.over anything else!
How.long were they at the restaurant where he was.upset! Were they there so long their
did he fly back. to.Florida so.she could.do.her blog and he would t have.to.just sit there?
There is more.to this than we know! I hope we.hear his explanation sometime soon!
Who.knows!
Just.my thoughts.today

This is ridiculous IMO. Six hours is not even a full dang work day. This is what she was trying to put into place for generating the income they needed to continue their trip. This perspective basically blames Gabby for BL flying off the handle, MOO.

This is exactly what I think. I personally didn't know until this case just how serious "card sharing" can be as a crime (I'm not talking about actual theft) in that the crime is against the bank, not the card holder. I really feel he just didn't even think and continued to use what he saw as shared resources. It is fortunate that it gave the FBI an easy indictment to pin on BL. MOO
Although many seem to assume that Gabby and BL "shared" the bank account, all that matters is what's on the bank paperwork. No conjecture about how BL "felt" about the money matters to banks or the FBI. He was an adult and had to understand the money situation long before they left on they left on the trip west. It's true he probably didn't care about the legalities since he lost his moral compass somewhere along the way. JMOO

Just speaking from my own experiences there are "legal" ways to share credit cards. You can make someone a designated user on any credit card. That's typical for married couples, but children can also be designated users. My husband added our youngest onto one of our cards because he often picks up food for us or fills up car with gas. It's just easier than having to pay him back constantly for things like that.

Bank accounts are different. You usually need to have a joint account in order to withdraw or use checks, and even then the bank sends each person their own debit card with it's own number. People aren't supposed to loan and share those cards.

I believe that you can't just give consent informally for someone to use your account. That would be a breach of contract with the financial institution, and you are at fault.. People do it all the time, but in a case like this, or an overdraw, people also get busted! jmo

Correct, but it’s much easier to get this squared away when the person is alive.

I’ve said before that my husband is military and he would have struggled to stay of the radar for this long. No confirmed sightings, something is definitely amiss. It’s like he’s vanished into thin air. Completely baffles me. Being on the run must be incredibly hard, always looking over your shoulder, how do you get money for food/water/clothes or a job, lack of sleep, always on the move etc etc. If he’s committed suicide why has his body not being found? How would he afford to be on the run? So many questions.
On the run in this case could well mean he's settled in to a nice warm house, somewhere.

Something changed?
But what?
Who.knows!
Just.my thoughts.today

Fighting or physical and psychological abuse isn't on the record to parents until the victim is getting ready to leave and wants to start having it documented. jmo

The scene at the Restaurant on August 27th as told by the witness was 'they were thrown out' and BL kept returning, making a scene, making things worse.

If I were Gabby that would have been the final straw for me in that relationship. She had to have been mortified which is why she went in to apologize.

I think this incident lead to her homicide later that afternoon. IMO. If it were me, I'd rather never get back into the van with him and would have just made a call to my parent's to find a way home without him. But we know that's not how it happened and Gabby never had the chance to leave on her own. JMO

It does sound like that, yes.

And absolutely: I had VERY high hopes initially when BOTH FBI and DTBH appeared to be hot on the trail. Now, not so much….:oops:

One possible explanation for the failure to apprehend BL: He’s not out in nature reserves nor on trails. He’s holed up in a remote cabin with supplies in NY State.

yep; I think he is nicely set up far from where they are looking. His parents did a good job targeting LE’s attention to the nature preserve.

I don’t think Dog’s bowing out. He’s no spring chicken- prob really did injure his ankle. He’s stated he is committed to finding BL by Nov 17- Brian’s 24th (23rd?) birthday. Still plently of time to make that goal & I hope he (or somebody/ anybody) does!

I’m not surprised BL has successfully been on the run for 1 month as of tomorrow. Why? Because way too many people have underestimated both his ability & his motivation. Starting with NPPD, and continuing with his sister, experts, etc.

To me the most credible lead is Dennis Davis. He has no desire for his 15 minutes of fame. He double-triple checked his own sighting for photo & voice confirmation. He reports BL had a kerchief or t-shirt tied around his head- likely to hide his ears/bald head and consistent with the description Cassie L provided from Ft DeSoto. DD was absolutely certain when he found a profile pic of BL, with that very distinct sillouette of his forehead/ nose/ beard. I always thought he’d head to AT & I still stand by that. Jmo

Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail

If that was his intent, why not make it easy for people to find his remains? Why not leave a note/video message on a phone explaining what happened? Why would he do something that would make his parents not know what happened to him? IMO, as bad as it is to lose a child, it's worse to not know what happened to them and never have remains found.

Besides all this, not being found could just mean that he is not where they are looking. There are many scenarios that could explain why he hasn't been found.

ETA: Oh, I think you meant that Dog was bowing out. Maybe...

On the previous thread, there was a discussion about Brian having a handgun. I had written these thoughts but the thread closed before I could post. Thank you for bearing with me on that wordy explanation.

Actually, I think he had his gun with him. Recalling the Moab police stop, he was asked where Gabby’s phone was and he said it was in a “spot” and then retrieved it. Could this “spot” have also been the location of his handgun?

I think he had threatened her in the past and that was the cause of her hysteria. She was afraid. Been there!

MOO IMHO
Do you have a MSM link that confirms BL had/has a gun? Otherwise this is just rumor. I suspect you are right b/c who would go deep in the woods without protection against large wildlife?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member