Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those that are unaware of the term "Reactive Abuse", cited from the website www.breakthesilencedv.org. below.

I think all law enforcement, courts, attorneys, etc. need a complete overhaul with education and training on DV. Coercive control, emotional abuse, etc. Seems there are way too many cases lately that involve some sort of abuse and not enough education.

"Reactive abuse occurs when the victim reacts to the abuse they are experiencing. The victim may scream, toss out insults, or even lash out physically at the abuser. The abuser then retaliates by telling the victim that they are, in fact, the abuser".

A lawyer is going to tell his/her client not to talk to the police because that is good advice, always. Sometimes a client wants to speak, thinks they can speak without creating problems for themselves, or just thinks themselves smarter than their lawyer. I gather that BL is not particularly trusting of government/media/authorities judging by the limited postings I've seen (i.e. his bio in Insta, etc), so I can imagine he'd be disinclined to help them.

However, there are really only 2 reasons he would say nothing: to cover for himself or to cover for her (which, in the latter case, is still him covering for himself given their relationship).

Brian knew Gabby's fears and he used them against her. She was scared of being left behind and he locked her out of the vehicle and left her bag outside. He literally made the her worst fear feel like it was coming true.
That's an intense level of cruel.

Gabby had every reason to be upset by this. I would freak out too if I was locked out of my home and my belongings left outside.

The scene in FL with BL and his family has a Casey Anthony vibe to me and makes me equally sick to my stomach.

I hope the puzzle pieces come together soon for the family and they can get some answers.

Agreed with thedebug, this is incredibly common. Just as it is common for those individuals to stop at coffee shops to work on their blogs and internet profile.

Could be viewed as manipulation as also evidenced by saying she's crazy, trying to portray himself as the victim, and projecting onto her exactly what he's doing, as in I hope she's not telling any lies about me.
MOO

SEP 17, 2021
‘You never know what you’ve got in a photo’: Witnesses sought in Gabby Petito disappearance case | WFLA
[...]

SB said she spotted the couple’s van on Aug. 25 and contacted police.

“It had the black ladder on the back and the two black rooftops on top—the two bars—and we made the comment that would be the perfect little camper van to go around in,” Baker said.

Investigators are hoping more people come forward with information regarding the case.

“You never know what you’ve got in a photo,” said Teton County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Clayton Platt. “Low and behold there was a van that matches the description of this van in this case. All those little pieces can be pieces in the puzzle to help us figure out where Gabby is.”

[...]

@JudgeJoe, @oviedo - timeline

This is what stood out to me in the article -

"On Thursday, police in Moab, Utah, released body camera video showing officers pull over their van at Arches National Park after a witness reported seeing them arguing and hitting each other."

*bolded by me*

North Port Police Department's missing persons report for Gabby Petito is pretty heavily redacted, to say the least: https://fox13news.com/news/neighbors-of-brian-laundrie-join-the-call-to-end-his-silence-in-search-for-gabby-petito…

E_fhOI0WQAU1K1t

https://twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1438866332309721091
https://twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1438866332309721091/photo/1

• Did anyone ever consider BL didn’t drive back alone?
    Did any of BL family taken a trip to Utah in end of august?
It's been discussed that he may have driven back with her. They could have had a fight halfway through the journey and she could be anywhere now. The fact that LE is very focused on Wyoming and Gabby's stepfather is now there makes me think they know their final interaction occurred there. jmo.

Forgive me if I've missed it, but can we can a definitive timeline?
June 2021
North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison said in a Thursday news briefing that Petito and Laundrie -- who Garrison described as the woman's fiancé -- embarked on a cross-country trip in June.

They planned to travel in Petito's white Ford van to the West Coast and visit state national parks across the Western United States, Garrison said.

"She maintained regular contact with her family members during her travels, however that communication abruptly stopped around the end of August," the police chief added.

August 12, 2021
Moab, Utah, police had an encounter with the couple on August 12, where officers described them as having "engaged in some sort of altercation."

Although the two are described as getting into a physical fight following an argument, "both the male and female reported they are in love and engaged to be married and desperately didn't wish to see anyone charged with a crime," a report from officer Eric Pratt said.

At officers' suggestion, the couple separated for the night, the report said, which described Petito as "confused and emotional."

"After evaluating the totality of the circumstances, I do not believe the situation escalated to the level of a domestic assault as much as that of a mental health crisis," officer Daniel Robbins wrote in the police report. No charges were filed.

Last week of August
Petito's family told police they were last in contact with her during the last week of August, North Port police said.

In a Thursday news conference, Petito family attorney Richard Stafford said the family's last communication with Petito was August 30, but they do not believe the message they received was from Petito. He declined to share what the message said or why they did not believe it was her writing.

September 1, 2021
Laundrie returned to the couple's North Port home, where his parents also live, on September 1, according to police.

The white vehicle Petito and Laundrie had been traveling in was later recovered by police at the home. It was processed and "there was some material in there" that authorities will be going through, North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said at a news briefing on Wednesday.

September 11, 2021
North Port authorities went to Laundrie's home on Saturday night asking to speak to him and his family but "we were essentially handed the information for their attorney," Taylor, the police spokesperson, said.

"That is the extent of our conversation with them," Taylor said.

September 16
"Please, if you or your family have any decency left, please, tell us where Gabby is located," Stafford said. "Tell us if we are even looking in the right place. All we want is for Gabby to come home. Please help us make that happen."

"We haven't been able to sleep or eat, and our lives are falling apart," the Petito family's letter added.
A timeline of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case

I hate to say, but as someone who dated a significantly abused woman, she has the signs of being abused...first and foremost, she is taking the blame. BL flat out asks the LEO wether he is guilty of something further?

SEPT 17, 2021
FBI arrives in Wyoming to take over search for Gabby Petito (fox13now.com)
[...]

We are near Grand Teton National Park where the FBI is leading the search efforts.

[...]

Despite the size and scope of this search, authorities are being very tight lipped. We only know that the FBI is now in charge here.

Sources tell us this is because the search is focused on federal land and because the case is drawing so much attention.

Grand Teton National Park is over 300,000 acres and authorities are hoping tips from people who may have seen Gabby will help to narrow down their search area.

[...]

Some of the criminal offenses BL could have been charged with, had he not somehow been allowed to deflect most blame to the owner of the vehicle, the non-driver:

Grand theft auto "grand theft auto is to take someone else’s car, without permission and with the intent permanently or significantly to deprive the owner of it. The offense is a type of auto theft. In many states, it can be charged as a felony offense that carries more than a year in prison." Grand Theft Auto - What is The Legal Definition?

"Robbery: 76-6-301. Robbery.
(1) A person commits robbery if:
(a) the person unlawfully and intentionally takes or attempts to take personal property in the possession of another from his person, or immediate presence, against his will, by means of force or fear, and with a purpose or intent to deprive the person permanently or temporarily of the personal property; or..." https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter6/76-6-S301.html

Excessive velocity Utah: "Traffic violations will cost you": "21 to 30 mph over the speed limit for a first offense carries a fine of $90 to $300 plus the surcharge and six points." Penalties For Traffic Violations - Trbovich Law Firm

Penalties for Evading the Police (not specific to Utah)
"A criminal charge of fleeing or evading the police may be either a misdemeanor or felony charge, depending on the circumstances. Generally fleeing the police in a vehicle is a felony charge,"......"Standard felony penalties include:
  • Up to years in state prison;
  • A fine of $10,000;
  • One-year driver’s license suspension; and
  • Impoundment of your car. Evading Police - FindLaw

------------------------------------------------------
    Yet, a woman is threatened with arrest because she physically tried to stop the thief. So, in carjackings is the victim, the owner of the car, usually threatened with prosecution for trying to keep their own vehicle?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Note: I could not find the penalties for grabbing a woman's face hard enough to leave marks on her, and to cause her pain an hour or more later. Battery? Assault? both?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member