Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! New to the forum here, which I have been following. I just wanted to mention that it occurred to me that LE can review interstate webcam info possibly. I did a quick internet search and there are interstate webcams in Casper, WY and the Colorado state line, for example. While it would take a great deal of time and effort reviewing footage, there is a possibility of putting together a timeline of the van traveling back to Florida. I'm not sure one would be able to determine who is in the van, but the van should be able to be identified. IMO, this may already be occurring. IMO, this could narrow down certain areas for search and rescue.

Yes, there is likely also a lot of gas station footage etc. Still, Brian driving home solo doesn't prove much. imo.

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

Family members hope witness accounts like that of Shannon Baker, will help fill in the gaps.

“We drove through the Tetons and the only stop we made was at Jenny Lake,” Baker said.

Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

I err toward this sighting being legit for now given the details of the ladder/roof bars but I find the witness comment about the van being the same as "American Pickers" an interesting insight into how people see things. I Googled American Pickers van and all it shows is a larger, newer Transit van rather than a older, smaller Transit Connect. Did that show ever use a first generation Transit Connect (the second generation looks quite different)?

The LE bodycam footage bothers me. The way they talk to her like she is the problem. She's crying and clearly really upset. Brian appears to be smiling through the whole thing. So the cops treat her like some hysterical woman. She explains to them that she just quit her job. She gave up stability to start over with new opportunities. She's stressed out trying to get her new website/blog up, all while the man she loves and is/was engaged to is verbally tearing her down and telling her she wont succeed. She suffers from a disorder that is already stress inducing. It appears that they were already having problems since the engagement was called off. Maybe they went on the trip as a way to reconnect, get material for her blog and it didn't go the way they planned.

Accident or intentional?

Either way, Brian Laundrie's behavior is screaming guilty. You don't return home from a road trip taken with your SO without that SO and driving her car. You don't hide in your house for 10 days without a word. You don't hire a lawyer before a person is even deemed missing unless you KNOW something. You don't avoid speaking to police to clear your name. You try to help find them if you weren't involved. Surely he knows he has gone about this whole thing wrong and is painting himself in to a corner.

I hope for Gabby's sake, Brian decides to cooperate soon. She needs to brought home to her family.

Jmo
I think they fought a lot!

men are abused also!
My son was!

so I remain on the fence here!
I’ve seen this behavior all before!

Could him getting a lawyer so soon be because of maybe messages left by her family! Maybe he felt the need to protect himself. .

What I find odd is….
If he harmed her why didn’t he leave the van there sayshe left him abd took off. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Why drive it home abs park it in your driveway?

this makes no sense

It makes perfect sense if he wanted to delay the search starting for her. Finding an abandoned van would lead to an investigation and a location

Also:

We’re also hearing there may be more witness sightings of Petito in the Jenny Lake area on Aug. 25.

Anyone with info can visit tips.fbi.gov or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.
someone was asking why they were holding press conferences and not saying much on a prior thread - I would say this is the exact reason they do it. I'm feeling more confident that she may be located now. Plus we have a confirmed sighting and time now!
JMO

My fiancé and I were talking about this case tonight and something about it really bothers me.

Gabby mimics the gesture that Brian did to her to “push her off of him”. In doing so, she holds her chin in one hand to mimic how he pushed her away.

I did this to my fiancé tonight as were acting out the difference between slapping somebody and holding their jaw / chin in your hand, the latter of which is a much more aggressive maneuver.

Holding his jaw/face in the exact way she depicted in the police video placed my hand just a little bit higher than his throat.

LE, IMO, should never have brushed this claim off. It’s obviously total speculation, but if he was comfortable with holding onto her face like that in a manner than can literally only be aggressive- because that is absolutely not what you would do if you were pushing somebody away from you- it’s not a far leap to a hand around her throat.
I like the explanation, except for the lack of physical marks on her and the physical marks on him.

I have been trying to think of a case where someone has lawyered up about a week before anyone even knows anything has happened-and yes, I realize we don’t know the exact date of when he retained his attorney! I feel like it’s some sort of true crime precedent at this point.

Whenever I waffle on what I think may have happened, I keep coming back to the fact that he retained a lawyer immediately upon returning home, 10-11 days before Gabby's family reported her missing. That means he knew something happened long before anyone else did. Why hire a lawyer for any other reason. It would be hard to argue they broke up, she told him to take the van back to Florida, and he left her and never heard from her again, and he had no idea what happened. To me, it's almost impossible to imagine he didn't know something had happened, or else he would not have hired an attorney before everyone else knew she was missing.

How do the hikers know it was this specific van, though? There are thousands of people in white vans out there doing the whole "van life" thing right now. I follow several on YouTube, although for some reason, I happen to follow mostly Canadian ones.

Jmo
I think they fought a lot!

men are abused also!
My son was!

so I remain on the fence here!
I’ve seen this behavior all before!

Could him getting a lawyer so soon be because of maybe messages left by her family! Maybe he felt the need to protect himself. .

What I find odd is….
If he harmed her why didn’t he leave the van there sayshe left him abd took off. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Why drive it home abs park it in your driveway?

this makes no sense
I doubt Gabby is missing because BL was abused by her. It's more likely the other way around.

SEP 17, 2021
Gabby Petito case: Why isn't Brian Laundrie talking? Legal Analyst breaks down the reasons - ABC13 Houston
[...]

"Good Morning America" anchor Cecilia Vega asked the question on many people's minds, "Why would a lawyer advise their client not to cooperate in a case?"

"Well the most obvious answer would be if there is incriminating information. The lawyer put out a second statement trying to explain that point, that in cases like this, and I'm looking down because I'm reading the statement, he's saying, 'In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement officers focus their attention on.' That's true, but it's also true that as of right now she's missing. Meaning as of right now, they want to find her, so you would think that the kind of advice that someone gives is a little bit different. So again, the lawyer's advice will totally depend on what information that lawyer has."

[...]

Some thoughts about the trip to Florida BL is said to have taken -question: did he take the keys to the van and her phone ? do we have any evidence of any phone calls or social media posts made by Gabby during this trip?
ETA: punctuation
She rang her dad and he sent Uber Eats to her, but I suppose she could have done that from the hotel land line.

How do the hikers know it was this specific van, though? There are thousands of people in white vans out there doing the whole "van life" thing right now. I follow several on YouTube, although for some reason, I happen to follow mostly Canadian ones.
I'm pretty sure it's distinctive to the photos they have seen. I would image.

SEP 17, 2021
Gabby Petito: Search for missing woman continues; father expresses frustration: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)
[...]

Meanwhile, patience is wearing thin in North Port, Fla. -- where Laundrie lives -- as police are intervening in response to homeowners’ complaints of members of the media parking on lawns and disturbing the normally quiet neighborhood.

Concerned parents in North Port, Fla., are set Friday to protest outside of the home of Brian Laundrie – the person of interest in Gabby Petito’s disappearance – urging him to speak out and cooperate with investigators.

The demonstration planned for 5 p.m. local time comes as the family of the missing 22-year-old has made repeated pleas for Laundrie to reveal more information.

[...]

Brian Entin on Twitter
I'm told there will be a protest this evening outside Brian Laundrie's parents house. The mood among people in the neighborhood seemed to be changing last night with more telling us they are frustrated Brian is not talking.
9:53 AM · Sep 17, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members