Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of another case where the other party was completely silent for this long while the significant other is missing?

It seems like usually, whether the remaining partner is guilty or innocent that they speak up. The innocent ones are often desperate, while the guilty ones are trying to convince you of their innocence.

But this -- this is way different. It's like there's something going on other than we think.

Ughh! If she was in a manic depressive state,without medication she could get worse and worse to the point where she is like a walking zombie.She could have walked into the wilderness in this zombie state without a care in the world about what happens to her.She could be curled up under a rock somewhere ,thirsty,hungry,and dying.I know from personal experience what its like to get to that point,and how she must be feeling.If that is what happened I don't think she could be still alive after going this long without food or water. :( Her bf,should have told them where he left her at if he ever cared for her at all.But now I think its too late. :(

For my money... of all the discussion that is being tossed around... him having a lawyer already hired (before GP was reported missing) and he/his family not responding to GP's parents attempts to contact them are the most damning things.

I’d like to add that he did not inform anyone ( that we know of) that she was missing. He just leaves. Who does that? A hitch hiker, sure. But a traveling fiancée companion? What is he going to say? “Uh, she told me to take the van and leave her.” What is he thinking?

I feel like we would've heard about it from the media. Maybe he caught a ride with that pizza guy. ;)

So if he's home and eventually arrested, he will be bailed out and await trial it seems. Who knows though, an arrest could take a long while as we all know. imo.

I am thinking around same timeline anytime after 25th evening unless the store owner in IDAHO can prove what day/time if they were there. and agree either Teton or Yellowstone makes most sense. I’m thinking 28 or 29th as well. Is there a way to look on google maps or some other site to see where the van may have traveled?

from timeline:
Aug 25th. Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, speaks to her daughter for the last time on the phone. Petito said they had stopped in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming before a planned trip to Yellowstone.

witness: Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

Aug 27th."I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt later FOX News. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

Trying to pinpoint a date when something happened IF in the areas of Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Possibility is the night of the 25th, through the 28th, morning 29th?
27th text is iffy...possibly fake according to Gabby's mom.

Since Brian arrived in Florida on Sept 1st, he'd need what 3 days minimum, driving without sleep. 35 hr (2,362.0 mi) via I-75 S Yellowstone National Park to North Port Florida drive time
so presumably he left very latest Aug 29th. but he'd need to sleep, maybe naps, at some point....so Aug 28th maybe? Do we know what time the van was seen parked at the home in Florida?

29th Gabby was supposed to reach her friend to finalize meeting up in Yellowstone. Plus it was friend's birthday. No contact.

If Gabby was WITH Brian on the way back, one would expect her to still contact the friend to cancel meeting, wish her Happy Birthday.

So I think, for now, Gabby is in Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Yellowstone entrance has a camera, so if it shows the van, I'd think she is there. Unlikely Brian would visit that park if something happened in Grand Teton....unless the route out of the area necessitates going through Yellowstone.

Thinking off the top of my head....trying to place possibilities for where they have to search. It's a huge area nevertheless. Ugh.....​
from timeline:
Aug 25th. Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, speaks to her daughter for the last time on the phone. Petito said they had stopped in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming before a planned trip to Yellowstone.

witness: Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

Aug 27th."I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt later FOX News. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

Trying to pinpoint a date when something happened IF in the areas of Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Possibility is the night of the 25th, through the 28th, morning 29th?
27th text is iffy...possibly fake according to Gabby's mom.

Since Brian arrived in Florida on Sept 1st, he'd need what 3 days minimum, driving without sleep. 35 hr (2,362.0 mi) via I-75 S Yellowstone National Park to North Port Florida drive time
so presumably he left very latest Aug 29th. but he'd need to sleep, maybe naps, at some point....so Aug 28th maybe? Do we know what time the van was seen parked at the home in Florida?

29th Gabby was supposed to reach her friend to finalize meeting up in Yellowstone. Plus it was friend's birthday. No contact.

If Gabby was WITH Brian on the way back, one would expect her to still contact the friend to cancel meeting, wish her Happy Birthday.

So I think, for now, Gabby is in Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Yellowstone entrance has a camera, so if it shows the van, I'd think she is there. Unlikely Brian would visit that park if something happened in Grand Teton....unless the route out of the area necessitates going through Yellowstone.

Thinking off the top of my head....trying to place possibilities for where they have to search. It's a huge area nevertheless. Ugh.....​

Ughh! If she was in a manic depressive state,without medication she could get worse and worse to the point where she is like a walking zombie.She could have walked into the wilderness in this zombie state without a care in the world about what happens to her.She could be curled up under a rock somewhere ,thirsty,hungry,and dying.I know from personal experience what its like to get to that point,and how she must be feeling.If that is what happened I don't think she could be still alive after going this long without food or water. :( Her bf,should have told them where he left her at if he ever cared for her at all.But now I think its too late. :(

I think most of us assume he would have spoken up if this was the case. It seems unlikely this was the case given his refusal to assist.

I was trying to think of the timing last night, and I did the math then, that's why your comment jumped out at me, ha.

I'm just personally of the opinion that something happened on the 28th based on the timing of things. So then the 29th-1st could be spent driving home.
I'm leaning to the 28th as well, just gut feeling. The 27th text MAY have been genuine.

He needed to gas up on the way home. We're talking CCTV, witnesses, attendants, and receipts. Its building.
His route home will be scrutinized and hopefully captured by innumerable cameras, toll booths, toll booth workers, road crews, even drivers who encountered that van during their travels.

The easiest way is to backtrack.

Starting from his house and finding all the roads leading to the house with the camera and trying to finding it from last week of Aug to 1st/2nd week of Sep. If there are no cameras and then they have to deduce and analyze all possible paths from a camera location that he possibly would have driven through

Edit: Lots of houses have door-cams and LE should start canvassing the neighborhood for the footage

Last edited:
Gabby's father said that he ordered Domino's pizza for his daughter because she was having connection issues to order food. He said they face timed and he helped her with some technical issus she was having with her social media site Nomadic Statik (I think that is what it is called). He said that no red flags stood out for him during the face time with Gabby.

It sounds like she was busy organizing her social media pages while at the hotel and the father said that he routinely helped out with food, money that Gabby might need, although she didn't ask him for it, he just wanted to help out.

I am sure they interviewed the Domino pizza delivery person to find out who answered the hotel room door when the pizza arrived, and if they saw anyone else there besides Gabby. The father said he didn't use uber eats, he just used the Domino app that he has on his phone and sent the pizza locally to his daughter.

From the podcast by Nancy Grace "Van-Life Girl's "Boyfriend" Named Person of Interest" where she interviews Joseph Petito, Gabby's father.

He keeps saying about sending food from Dominos to her and talking to her and she was in the hotel....the 21st. and when Nancy Grace then asked about whether BL flew to Florida... he said he couldn't talk about that.. its being investigated. If BL was with her Id think the Dad would have said that.

Now it seems she was alone and BL was elsewhere.. JMO

Im having trouble getting a links correct so I hope I did this right... but this is where I listened to the Nancy Grace Podcast
Van-Life Girl's 'Boyfriend' Named Person of Interest in Gabby's Disappearance

My fiancé and I were talking about this case tonight and something about it really bothers me.

Gabby mimics the gesture that Brian did to her to “push her off of him”. In doing so, she holds her chin in one hand to mimic how he pushed her away.

I did this to my fiancé tonight as were acting out the difference between slapping somebody and holding their jaw / chin in your hand, the latter of which is a much more aggressive maneuver.

Holding his jaw/face in the exact way she depicted in the police video placed my hand just a little bit higher than his throat.

LE, IMO, should never have brushed this claim off. It’s obviously total speculation, but if he was comfortable with holding onto her face like that in a manner than can literally only be aggressive- because that is absolutely not what you would do if you were pushing somebody away from you- it’s not a far leap to a hand around her throat.

I didn't see this part of the video. If he was angered enough I can see it. I personally would not tolerate anyone doing that to me. I would have left his sorry *advertiser censored* in the desert. Poor, GP. D;

Yes, I see echos of Chris Watts, Josh Powell, Mark Hacking here. All partnered up with vivacious, successful women unafraid of life and challenges. Hacking even had his wife believing he was accepted to medical school when he hadn't finished a bachelors degree. Going to "college" every day while she worked her tail off to support him and his phantom schooling. IIRC he killed her the night she found out about his deception. Could Gabby have discovered a serious deception on BL's part?

Some of these guys just can't be propped up enough, can't assume responsibility on their own, feel so threatened by how easily their wives make friends and have genuine smiles ready to go. Nothing threatens them like a happy woman. They reached their mid 20's, midthirties, and they haven't accomplished a thing without being directed by a woman.

I think that he purposely sabotaged her new business endeavor, purposely dirtying up the camp and van, knowing how she would react. I would bet that he had her convinced she was "mean", couldn't drive well enough, and constantly held abandonment over her head once he knew it was a huge trigger. I believe he used his role as driver to torment her. Driving away with her own vehicle with all her belongings inside, jeopardizing her life, her business, purposely creating the greatest fear.
Absolutely. Those of us who have been there see this. And he was sure to end up with that van. I bet he thinks he's going to keep it, even after all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member