Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gabby almost got arrested in Moab, for beating up on me"
"Don't get into it with the Petitos, mum and dad. There is no point."
"Gabby took off with that dude I was telling you about, she'll swing by here at some point and get her stuff"
"It is up to Gabby to tell her parents what happened. All I know is she cheated on me, and she got violent with me, and I dont want anything more to do with any of them." (sob)

I can think of at least several plausible reasons he may have given to trusting parents. I think we all could, if we thought about it.
None of the plausible reasons being true, of course.
I guess I just have different parents. I would expect instant questions:
Why didn't you call me if you got hurt? What injuries did you sustain? What is the incident report number from the police?
Or even:
Did Gabby at least give you the title of the van before she left?

On the other hand, Brian may have been smart enough to get a hold of his parents' phones and blocked or deleted all of Gabby's family members. We simply do not know what went on inside the Laundrie home and no idea what Brian told his parents, or when.

I highly suspect Brian still secretly had his original phone and knew Gabby's parents started trying to contact him on the 10th. We are all assuming Brian's parents were ignoring calls/texts from Gabby's parents, when they may not have even received them at all. jmo
BBM
Phones tell on people.
If that did happen, the phone will have time stamps of everything.

Attachments

• 8E9560B9-9937-4721-A184-DFB862369D68.jpeg
    8E9560B9-9937-4721-A184-DFB862369D68.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 41
I was just thinking about the fact that we really don’t know GP or BL. All we have are the social media creations, the MOAB body cams, witnesses at Merry Piglets, short interviews from Rose, BL’s sister, and GP’s family… a few other media snippets, and minimal communication from the lawyers, LE and FBI.

We are making just about every possible speculation from the above. The reality is that we really don’t know BL and GP or what their relationship really was. Even if we were personal friends or neighbors, we still wouldn’t really know what went on behind closed doors… who they were as a couple in private, or what the family dynamic was like with the parents.

Being victim friendly, we can’t sleuth the victim or speculate about her in any negative way. We can’t sleuth the parents. No one is perfect and no family is perfect. I am not implying anything except the fact that we have incomplete information… with the final word being that no one deserved to die… especially Gabby who emotionally captivated the nation and even international attention.

Pray for evidence. Pray for justice.

That could resemble whatever story he told his parents, but that leaves out the part where he reports her missing to LE and searches high and low for her..........nope, just takes off with her cards her van and everything else she owns that is in it. jmo...........................oh, and maybe calls her parents to see if they have heard from her or seen her.

I'm just pointing out alternative scenarios because at this point what actually happened or most of it is on this board. That said it's more productive to try and shut down any potential defense stories. Whatever Brian's story will be if we can know what it may be we can have more absolute answers.

For example, depending on the severity of their last argument or what was actually said, she really could have told him after Moab they were lucky he wasn't in jail, and if he lost his temper again, she was leaving.

The best move they could have made was hiring the best defense atty available and negotiate a plea deal, minimum sentence, possibility of life after prison if he is guilty of her death. . This is not a situation where you protect your child at all costs, the cost of doing this could possibly have led to him taking his own life. It is not “turning on your son” to have him do the right thing, tough as it is, having him turn himself in could have saved his life both figuratively and literally. Plenty of parents/family have cooperated with LE when a family member is the suspect.

It's quite possible they are in "negotiation" phase now, but it may not be obvious.

Negotiations 101:

First things first: Get death penalty off of the table.

Strategy to accomplish this: Get BL to a country that does not extradite if he could be looking at death sentence once charged.

Why is that?

Because I don't believe a lawyer would cover up a 'known' death.

There are others ways to handle that scenario. imo
With the lawyer interacting with the police, on behalf of his clients.

I think it is likely that JP caused a big ripple on the 10th ... one that caused the Laundries to call their lawyer (on the 10th or 11th) and tell him what they (thought they) knew.

Brandon and Gabby were friends as kids

“The fact that I will never be able to check up on you, and be there for you ever again, will haunt me forever.

"The fact that Im deployed outside the country and can't even be present at your funeral, will haunt me forever.

"You will never be forgotten Gabby, your loved ones, and now the whole world will make sure of that.

"I love you now and forever, rest in peace Gabby."

Gabby's ex-boyfriend reveals his heartbreaking last memory of her
<modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

From the article above:

"He wrote: "I was lucky enough to have the privelage [sic] of both knowing and loving you.

"The last memory I have with you was the summer of 2017, before I left, we were sitting in my car down by the water.

"You had a journal in your hand. Any ordinary person would write in a journal, with words, but not you, you were extraordinary."

'HONORED AND TOUCHED'
Williams added: "Each page had these in depth drawings depicting how you felt and what you were experiencing, all I can remember was how impressed I was, telling you how talented, and creative you were, honored and touched that you trusted me enough to even share with me something so personal.

"Because that's exactly the type of person you were."

Williams also shared two images of Gabby - one showing the two of them together as children.

He said there "wasn't a single person" in their hometown of Blue Point, New York, who "didn't know who she was."

Gabby was a "recurring influence" in his life "even though we were only a bunch of stupid kids when we first met", Brandon added.

Brandon added: "It absolutely breaks my heart that the rest of the world only knows you as a case file, a missing persons report, a victim.

"Because to your friends, your family, my family, me and Blue Point as a community, you were simply just Gabby, and that was more than enough." "

Gabby's ex-boyfriend reveals his heartbreaking last memory of her

Last edited:
If Gabby only had her"
The Moab officer took a photo of it for their records, and let her drive off alone. I can’t explain it, but the ID she shows them is clearly oriented vertically, and clearly says “Florida” at the very top.
Gosh, on the link I shared earlier, it appears that the learner's license is the only one printed vertically.
If, in fact, all she had was her learner's permit it would explain her deferring to BL's driving. As well as explaining why she felt a larger degree of dependency upon him.
But ~ are you even able to buy or lease a vehicle without a valid, full on driver's license?

If Gabby only had her"

Gosh, on the link I shared earlier, it appears that the learner's license is the only one printed vertically.
If, in fact, all she had was her learner's permit it would explain her deferring to BL's driving. As well as explaining why she felt a larger degree of dependency upon him.
But ~ are you even able to buy or lease a vehicle without a valid, full on driver's license?

Surely you can't drive on your own on a Learners Permit?

Snipped for focus of the article you posted. Glad you did, @imstilla.grandma , as I would have never seen the part pasted at the bottom of this post (BBM).

This made me wonder about Gabby's journals. Where are they? What secrets and hints do they hold? Is that perhaps something that BL dealt with, on his oddly timed trip back to FL, that was stored in his (their?) storage locker? I can't see personal journals being something she'd just throw away. They chronicled her life and sometimes they are nice to go back to, years down the road, to reminisce. I wonder if her parents have any of them? That is definitely something I'd want to get my hands on if I was LE.

"The last memory I have with you was the summer of 2017, before I left, we were sitting in my car down by the water.

"You had a journal in your hand. Any ordinary person would write in a journal, with words, but not you, you were extraordinary."

Williams added: "Each page had these in depth drawings depicting how you felt and what you were experiencing, all I can remember was how impressed I was, telling you how talented, and creative you were, honored and touched that you trusted me enough to even share with me something so personal.

"Because that's exactly the type of person you were."

Last edited:
But then why didnt he search for her. Why drive her van home and why would he have the keys and not her.
Maybe he had the keys to try and prevent her from leaving him. Perhaps she talked about having her friend come pick her up as we know she was uncomfortable driving the van. Hard to say, but there are scenarios to consider.

If Gabby only had her"

I can't be certain for Florida, however in TX, the vertical license is for learner's permits, and anyone under 21. Once the driver turns 21, they are eligible for a horizontal license, but the vertical one doesn't officially expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77