Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much of a self-indulgent coward to off himself, IMO. Which is why he ain't in the swamp.

But easy to take the life of a slight girl, 50 pounds less than mr. manly man. Imo
We really can't be certain he's not in the swamp. Four days of waiting before reporting him missing and then flooding that kept searching contained for more days gives the swamp ample time to dispose of any evidence. I'm not saying I want him to be dead, I'm just saying it's still a real possibility. AJMO

By this time they’ve had a public fight that resulted in a police incident and he’s gone home to Florida for a week. She must have been so very worried and conflicted about continuing this trip with him…..bless her and her family (especially today.)

If he was gone for a week, I wonder why she didn't call her family or friends and tell them what was going on. I know in the body cam videos you can see how broken she is; I just wish I could get a good idea of where her mind was.

I've wondered if the text actually did come from Gabby, in a semi-conscious state of confusion.

Oh dear I so hope not because I’ve tried to hope she didnt suffer long and didn’t live for any period of time knowing she was unlikely to survive. Whatever happened was beyond awful but…just a hope that it was over without conscious awareness.

Oviedo said: "I'm wondering about the reasoning behind the presser - and believe they believe BL is in hiding and this will call attention to Gabby - perhaps even try to communicate with him in some small way? Otherwise, just release a statement?"

Agreed. Perhaps they discovered something that will now officially make BL a suspect, not just a POI...

I can this too. I have also thought that he left her body in the van for two days hoping someone else would discover her, his albi being that she was fine when he last saw her. Jmo

I doubt he did that and then drove the van back to Florida. The smell would have been awful. Remember Caylee in the trunk of her felon mothers car? Also body fluids would have leaked….sorry.

A "friend" does not publicly call someone a chubby social outcast. I'm skeptical of this relationship.

I agree. Why is this "friend" talking now - fame, money? I was obese in high school and you could call me an outcast. Why? No one wants to be friends with the fat girl! I'm so sick of these stereotype labels. Maybe the only reason he had 4 friends was because other kids didn't like the "fat" kid? I take this article with a grain of salt. JMO.

Honestly, I don't hold a lot of hope that he is alive. He didn't come off in the few videos we've seen of him as a type that would live on the run. He was so apologetic to the cops for speeding, and he seemed super sensitive to drawing attention to himself (when they were publicly fighting). If he caused her death during a fight, he must have been devastated. When his parents reported him missing, they said they were worried about him, which made me wonder if his mental state was in question. I can't help but think he probably took his own life rather than choosing to go into hiding.
The longer this drags on, the more I think this is correct. I don’t think he’s capable of evading the FBI for this long. I don’t think he’s capable of surviving out in the wilderness for an extended period of time. I think perhaps he may have initially intended to run away and hide out, but his anxiety/fear/guilt (?) got the best of him and he ended it. Being alone out in nature can be an extremely spiritually cleansing experience if one can maintain the right mindset, but the isolation and stillness can also be suffocating. All he would have are his thoughts, and BL doesn’t strike me as someone skilled at psychological control. He couldn’t control his emotions in his public interactions with others, but out in the middle of nowhere, that rage has no one to be directed at but himself. So while it’s possible he knows how to physically survive out there, I don’t think he is equipped, by any means, to handle the psychological “game” of it all. JMOO

If he was gone for a week, I wonder why she didn't call her family or friends and tell them what was going on. I know in the body cam videos you can see how broken she is; I just wish I could get a good idea of where her mind was.

I wonder too….but there is a part of me that really understands her calculations about the sunk cost of the trip itself and also the relationship. How would she extricate herself from a relationship when she is on a road trip in a car she apparently doesn’t like to drive with someone whose parents own the home where she lives. There’s a lot to dig out of for her….

Sensitive? Only when something affected him. Sensitive people do not slap their girlfriends, take their keys and cell phone leaving them alone in remote areas. Sensitive people do not just kill and dump the body of their GF to decompose in a desolate creek bed, vulnerable to insects and wildlife. Sensitive people do not ignore the pleading from their GF's worried family then hide like a coward.
With all due respect I fail to detect anything sensitive about him. Jmo
Sensitive people with anxiety are often susceptible to severe panic attacks. They generally need some alone time to rebalance their emotions. If they don't get that time, things can spiral out of control and they can act irrationally.

Today 2:30 PM Eastern US Time the full autopsy will be potentially revealed hopefully giving further hints in how the whole situation really is. As of right now, it seems like the case has ran out of possibilities. MOO. Even Dog escaped the investigation site.

Dog left because he got injured. His daughter said there is still a team in FL.

Good morning! Really dumb question for you, why are they having a PC/Zoom if they do not plan to release COD do you think? I doubt they will tell us as well, but then why hold a pc?
So, Brian Entin's former FBI contact does not believe the cause of death will be released tomorrow for operational reasons.
I'm inclined to believe her.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1447750883643645953?s=20
That makes sense, but if Jennifer Coffindaffer is right, I also wonder why the coroner is having a press conference at all. Would that be to release toxicology results? To confirm (or not) the determination that the manner of death was homicide? Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon.

JMO

Is it possible that BL let after a fight, so he could punish Gabby, who was terrified of being abandoned by him? Then he hitch-hiked back, a fight ensued when he arrived back at the campsite, and then Gabby was murdered? Instead of burying her, he just hoped in the van and fled. Surely if he had killed her before hiking off, he would have had to consider someone may have found her body, while we was gone. Such a sad story. It teaches us all to watch for much more subtle signs of DV.
bbm
Agreed.
Esp. the bolded.
It was obvious from the LE Moab video that Gabby was experiencing terrible fear and distress.
While her boyfriend was calm and cool as a cucumber.
Imo.

All true, though that wouldn’t be determined by the ME, but by prosecutors/jury.
Thank you! Important distinction
She may have, we don’t know what phone calls she made, she did call her mother during the Moab police incident. I think it was during this time her father had pizza delivered to the hotel to her. IIRC

Lol !
Definitely a possibility.
Many creative memories & moments going on with BL .

Including but not limited to when he was last seen at home, first said to be about the 14th but later debunked by LE to be the 13th.
And the interviewer who according to the family lawyer did not pose the questions correctly, and thus the sister who had seen him after he arrived at his parents -- had the change her story from previously not having been able to see or talk to him.
A convoluted circus of monumental proportions it would seem.
Imo.

It's pretty obvious that the aliens that threw her into the creek. Scared out of his mind, he ran in the van on a cross country Bandit Run, stopping only to withdraw $1000 to spend on alien repellant. The mothership chased him to FL and then abducted him on or around the 13th. Lawyer is in communication with the alien queen, but is unable to get anywhere on negotiating his release.

I hope the next press conference we hear after the details of her death is the announcing of charges.
It's possible that there is a sealed indictment already....depending upon what evidence they have connecting BL to G's demise. I really don't know what good it would do to indict him now, if they have no idea where he is, though. Seems to me that not much would change. Since he is already a fugitive for the cc charges, any LE agency can arrest him if they find him. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11