Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He keeps talking about Wyoming statutes. Now, I understand he is bound by this, she was found on Federal land. His constant references are making me question whether she was killed on state land and transported back to spread creek. Otherwise, Federal law should apply here.

The Doctor is around this all the time, he isn't effected like we are.
Law enforcement, and attorneys for that matter, have to develop this shield that they wear in front of the public. They have to be very aware of their facial features, tones, any sort of behavior that may give away more than just the facts. They cannot have bias or feelings one way or the other.

I wouldn't hold his demeanor during the press conference as any indication otherwise. He is being very careful not to reveal any information that he is not allowed to give. He has stated numerous times that COD and MOD are the only information that can be released per Wyoming statute. He has deferred to LE for answers that could possibly compromise the integrity of the investigation.

As much as I wish he could answer these questions, I understand why he's sticking to his guns. He doesn't want to be held responsible for saying something that ultimately ends up not being true.

Would they be able to tell if she was strangled by hands or by something else?
Is it typical for the coroner to not answer the bulk of the questions being asked and instead refer to LE/FBI? It seems like he is only reiterating that she was left in the wilderness for weeks. Just trying to get an understanding of what they can and can not say. /jw

Sounds like Wyoming law prohibits him from saying anything more than what he said. Like, they can't release the full autopsy report.

But the reporters keep trying to get him to say more. They have gotten a little more info out of him, but many of the questions seem ill-considered given what he can't say.

JMO

Is it typical for the coroner to not answer the bulk of the questions being asked and instead refer to LE/FBI? It seems like he is only reiterating that she was left in the wilderness for weeks. Just trying to get an understanding of what they can and can not say. /jw
IME it is indeed typical. Their job is strictly the the body and gleaning what info can be gleaned about the MOD and COD. I didn't watch the JW stream but it sounds like many of his questions to the coroner were not appropriately addressed to him. Those types of questions are better addressed by LE. JMO

He said according to law, he can only release the COD and MOD.

The date of death on the death certificate will not be exact date of death.

Agree that even in the "heat of passion" that may have started the inexcusable act of placing his hands on her throat, sometime in the 4-5 minutes before death, some form of sanity should have returned. So death was premeditated.
I had really hoped that it was due to a push/fall during an argument -- still horrible and accountable -- but not an act of pure malice.
I wonder, as someone mentioned yesterday, if her fighting back is what kept him going. Or the situation, as it was happening, only enraged him more.

It's horrible.

Agree. MOO. He could have stopped at any time during those long minutes. She no doubt had his DNA under her nails. MOO
I hope she clawed the hell out of his face. This is what I think is the real reason for the attorney retainer/silence. Keep him hidden till the scabs are off & the fresh pink heal marks blend in to the rest of his face. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member