Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 317110
Are these the injuries?
One would like to think so. But probably not. Imo the family ain't that stupid to share "evidence" a time stamp will let us know when those photos where taken
We might want to be careful about the picture of BL with his nephews. There's a possibility that the photos people are poring over are NOT from the latest De Soto trip. Apparently on the exclusive clip it says that one picture was provided by CL of that crucial trip. The one where he has the red T-Shirt tied around his head like a bandanna. He has on black shorts. This matches with that other De Soto photo from a different camping family that is making the rounds, with BL possibly in the background wearing similar attire of matching colours.

The two pictures with BL in flowered shorts and white T-shirt may possibly from a previous outing. And therefore would not be relevant to the case. Don't forget that CL said they were there for only a couple of hours. Why would he change both shorts AND t
To me he just looks dirty, like he has large dirt smudges from working to set up a camp sight or whatever. Also, this doesn’t seem like a current photo of him to me. He looks younger and …healthier.
Imo it's an old picture. Being heartless don't make you dumb. And I think this goes way deeper than a road trip full of Dv.

But lying to the FBI by giving the wrong date for when he “went missing” is dishonest, immoral, and illegal to boot. Right?

Absolutely, if it can be proven it was intentional and not an error. As it stands, we do not have any facts to say it was one or the other. If the FBI does, they haven't shared it. Anything else is speculation.

View attachment 317113

" 'LONER' ON THE RUN
Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

BRIAN Laundrie was a "heavier set social outcast” when he was at school, according to a long-time friend.

Laundrie's pal exclusively told The Sun that Gabby Petito's on-the-run fiancé was nearly 40 pounds heavier when he was 14-years-old.

The friend said Laundrie was a private person that was never into social media or photos until he started his van travels with Gabby.

"These last two years were the most public and open he has ever been. He's a pretty disconnected off the grid type of guy, not the 'selfie' type."

“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime.”

The friend revealed Laundrie had “zero friends” in middle school and would sit at the lunch table with two other people.

The pair were friendly at that time but didn’t become friends until high school.

“Brian was very quiet in school. He was a bit of an outcast when he was younger. He was just so to himself.”

He added: “Brian cut his hair and lost weight in high school.”

The friend had been to Laundrie's residence in Bayport, New York, multiple times and visited the Florida home once.

'INTERESTED IN GUNS'
Within the friend group, a common interest is guns but he finds it eerie that Laundrie had been keen on moving to Florida since high school.

"A lot of my friends have guns and stuff,” the friend said.

“The gun laws in Florida were a lot less restrictive than New York so it was interesting for him to move to another state that allowed that.”

SOCIAL OUTCAST
Laundrie's friend group consists of four close members. The friend has a gut-feeling that Laundrie will reach out to him looking for help and it “freaks him out.”

“The reason it would be me is his other very close friends were also very close with Gabby but I was just very close with him,” the friend said.

“He might think I wouldn't hold some stigma or I wouldn't care about the matter.

"I get calls from unknown numbers and from blocked callers and my heart drops.

"I just think it's gonna be him on the other side, you never know.""

Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend
Quite a different person than the confident person who claimed he had stayed in the wild for months at a time.

You did a lot of work there! Well done.
Why can he not have left on the night of 29th tho'?

Very accurate too. I've taken many trips out West but half the distance of BL's drive and it's almost exactly the same numbers. I stopped for gas 4 times only because I needed a little more than 1/2 tank so I would just stop and fill it all the way.

I too believe he left pretty quickly after killing her and he would seriously be cutting it close upon arrival in North Port. Driving straight through for 35/36 hours is extremely dangerous, just as much as a drunk driver, he would have needed stop to rest time added in to drive safely without drawing attention to himself. JMO

Assuming those pictures were from the family camping trip, remember that the pics would have been taken a week after he killed Gabby. Any bruises or scratches would likely have been healed.
not if they were large imo.

Could have been an oversight that the public could get access? CNN was the first to report it and describes it as a written docket filed with the Teton County Clerk of District Court
BBM. I went to the Teton County District Court website when I saw that. I was looking for the docket. Unfortunately, Teton County does not have their court records online. You have to go in person to view them or send them an email request with a $10 search fee. I was hoping to keep an eye on any charges dropped by the state of Wyoming for this case, but nope. No online access.

Obviously, there is no winning here. Release a statement, be vilified. Don't release a statement, be vilified.
Really, I am pleased to see someone come to the defense of this attorney.
Because, IMO, he certainly needs it. I can't think of anything he has done to effectively represent his clients. He has, through lack of experience or love of publicity, managed to paint the Laundries into heartless, selfish characters who are solely concerned with self preservation. According to BL's sister, he has even shattered the family unity. He has lost his client (where's BL?) and admits his last contact with him was the day BL ran away. He has passed along incorrect dates that he should have certainly verified before he publicized them. And then ~ the most effective statement he could possibly come out with, upon the release of his runaway client's companion's cause of death is, “At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located we will address the pending fraud charge against him.”
If a defense attorney needs you to defend him, it might be a hint that something is amiss. I wish you well. In the meantime, I will just be MOOing along.

That's not true. Even misdemeanors and violations that occur in Bridger-Teton and Grand Teton are by statute within the jurisdiction of the District of Wyoming. This is according to federal law. Plus, the FBI would not be leading the investigation if Teton County was investigating and prosecuting the homicide.

Violations In Yellowstone And Grand Teton National Parks And In Other Federal Enclaves
I believe you are talking about venue and personal jurisdiction. Other poster talking about subject matter jurisdiction. MOO

Also with regard to the De Soto pictures, how likely would it be that the nephews also came with a complete change of clothes for a short outing? In the confirmed picture we see one of them in pale yellow top and khaki shorts. In the other photos, they are wearing bright blue tops and dark blue shorts.

Very accurate too. I've taken many trips out West but half the distance of BL's drive and it's almost exactly the same numbers. I stopped for gas 4 times only because I needed a little more than 1/2 tank so I would just stop and fill it all the way.

I too believe he left pretty quickly after killing her and he would seriously be cutting it close upon arrival in North Port. Driving straight through for 35/36 hours is extremely dangerous, just as much as a drunk driver, he would have needed stop to rest time added in to drive safely without drawing attention to himself. JMO

Just throwing this out there- also we don't know if he had help driving. Someone could have flown out and met up with him and they took turns driving. That wouldn't be smart, as the person helping to drive would become part of this case, but it's not impossible. IMO.

IMHO I think his adrenaline kicked in and he might have driven straight thru. I would think he needed to get to his safe space (home) as soon as possible. Just me speculating.

The key word is "National." A National Forest is federal land, while a State Forest would fall under state jurisdiction. There's almost no doubt this will be a federal case tried in federal court. JMOO

Crimes committed in the national forests come under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement, unless they pertain to the national forest itself, such as theft of timber, lighting stuff on fire, etc.

Since the body was found in the National Forest, the case COULD be prosecuted by the US Attorneys office, but it doesn't have to be. It could still be prosecuted by the Teton County Attorney's office. I am sure the county would prefer the Feds take it, but we will see. There are some questions about where the murder occurred vs just where the body was found.
If it was federal land they could make it a federal murder charge. MOO. If she was killed on state land and brought to spread creek, state law governs. MOO (Can't bring federal murder charges unless on land under federal control (or air, sea, etc. or if in commission of a fed crime, etc.). MOO

I think she died on the 28th, at night, partly because she was wearing a sweatshirt, and partly because sticking around 2 whole days afterward seems like a lot to me.
(I also don't think he would have stuck around two days afterward. I think he booked it out of there as quickly as possible. IMO.)

Good point about the sweatshirt, though. I checked out the weather in Grand Tetons for those dates--with temps dropping down to the 30s, she'd have probably wanted a sweater for any of those evenings/nights, IMO. (source)

Attachments

• tetonweather.png
    tetonweather.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 6
I’m very curious how the coroner’s office would know right away that her manner of death was homicide before an autopsy was done if it was strangulation and not something more obvious like gunshot, knife, or blunt force trauma. Would her neck be obviously bruised over 3wks later when she was found?

definitely not stating I don’t believe them. I’m just surprised that they were so sure in the beginning on manner of death and am curious how much they could tell about it without an autopsy yet. Normally they don’t come right out and immediately give manner of death.

How soon after finding gabby did they report that it was homicide? Was it 2 days? Or the same day?
If 2 days, that's plenty of time. But same day, on site, I would think that would be impossible to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member