Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I state here that because You are I are capable of doing something, that doesn't mean the entire world is also capable of it. I'm 60 and am quite comfortable with my cellphone, computer, etc, and know plenty of others my age who are as well, but I also know many people older and younger than me that are not. So its not necessary to point out to me that you are in your 50's and capable of setting up your voicemail, unless in doing so you are claiming that it is impossible for others to not be able to do it, as well.
MOO Per they had their own businesses, I find it very hard to believe they did not have voicemail and were not versed in simple technology. That said, I think it’s almost splitting hairs if they received the communications from the P’s. When they did know on the 11th that a missing report had been filed for Gabby their reaction to LE was here is our atty info, we will not speak with you nor let you in to speak with our son. Enough said, they choose to not cooperate in the search for Gabby. Does it really matter if they made that decision on the 10th or the 11th?

From thread #64:

I doubt he put his fair share into her account. He's a moocher. She was looking to the future and working hard on the trip. He was just in it for the fun. Spoiled, entitled little worthless ____.
Oh, sorry...I have read a lot about the people involved in this case, but missed all those details on Brian's character prior to the trip. Thanks for filling me in on those details--I'm not keeping up, I guess. Given what a slacker he was, I wonder what purpose he served in Gabby's life?

Yes! We do know when LE knocked on their door on the 11th they said nothing and handed them handed atty card. It’s not like oh my gosh we had no idea, come in and talk. When they reported Brian missing to LE they had SB on standby to be sure LE did not try to inquire about Gabby. Not until the FBI became involved on the 19th and had warrants did they “cooperate”. Whether they first knew on the 10th or the 11th, they choose not to cooperate.
Also, wouldn't you be mildly curious enough to ask why LE is banging on your door? jmo

Brian Laundrie attorney Bertolino slams John Walsh after ID special on Gabby Petito case | Fox News

Fun war of words:

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said

I will say it's a solid response from Dog

Couples informally share bank accounts, email passwords, pin numbers, phones and phone codes, Amazon Prime memberships, library cards, etc... They also payoff each other's car notes, mortgages and even child support. If they've lived together long enough then their entire lives may be intertwined. It's a good thing too, because those connections are not easily broken and they allowed the FBI to track and charge BL.

MOO Per they had their own businesses, I find it very hard to believe they did not have voicemail and were not versed in simple technology. That said, I think it’s almost splitting hairs if they received the communications from the P’s. When they did know on the 11th that a missing report had been filed for Gabby their reaction to LE was here is our atty info, we will not speak with you nor let you in to speak with our son. Enough said, they choose to not cooperate in the search for Gabby. Does it really matter if they made that decision on the 10th or the 11th?
IIRC the "son", an adult, has to make that decision for himself.

I think he put her out there, and apparently not in a real grave, IMO because large predators follow rivers looking for food, and smaller predators are everywhere. Her family is lucky that after 3-4 weeks she could be found.

Completely agree, relative all the circumstances she was fortunately found very quickly at just 3 weeks. SM was huge in making that happen, even if I often grumble about SM.

https://twitter.com/shannoncwtsp/status/1448726789782638598?s=21

MEET K9 DIESEL ‍
This is Pasco County's human remains K9 assisting in the search for #BrianLaundrie at the Carlton Reserve
➡️K9 Diesel is Labrador Retriever
➡️He is certified in human remains detection
➡️He is one of the only forensics-integrated K9s in the country

Attachments

• FA16F5E2-E9F5-481C-962B-AB5B1A9BD024.jpeg
    FA16F5E2-E9F5-481C-962B-AB5B1A9BD024.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 80
IMO I believe he left Gabby in that spot and she would never be found, leaving him free and clear to live his life as if she didn't exist. He must have been holding his breathe waiting UNTIL they did find her and he split for parts unknown.

JMO Only

This is why I'm relieved he didn't bury her, even if it would’ve been more “respectful,” though clearly he didn’t respect her.
Even though he left her open to the elements, if she were buried she’d have been less likely to be spotted by the helicopter. IMO

So...the family is rounded up, grand kids in tow and we head for the campground for a smoresfest. Part of the jamboree is a pink, polka dotted elephant wearing a clown hat and neon red lipstick.
Comes the day when questions about this outing arise...and nobody at the smoresfest remembers seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, petting, riding, tickling or talking to or about the elephant. One member of the party has gone missing. Two members of the party are totally zipped. The other member of the smoresfest admits it took place - but saw no elephant.
Since the missing guy is a moot point and the two zipped up members of the soiree are, well...zipped up. The remaining member gives up lawyer naughtiness and a touch of "Family Feud". Still no elephant. The situation requires meat, but is instead showered with molecular-sized bread crumbs. Armchair analysts of all stripes seize the bread crumbs and dissect them...looking for an elephant. Ain't there.
The court of public opinion is a fickle thing that gobbles breadcrumbs and extrapolates the shadow of elephants in the ciphering out of them as they are digested and eventually expelled.
Result? Buttoned lips, a fugitive on the run who knows where and a snipe hunt as big as the invasion of Stalingrad.
Still no elephant.
The sobering truth is nothing of substance will come from the Laundrie side of this horrible saga. Everyone will have to wait while the excruciatingly slow process that is the legal system either produces a fugitive or winds down and enters the world of cold cases. In which case, patience will not only be a virtue, but a necessity.
Nothing wrong with being furious. Fury tempered with wisdom and patience is very effective stuff.
In the meantime, there's an opportunity to express compassion, feel genuine sorrow for a young life expunged, and educate our daughters and sons about the signs and dangers of trying to fix people who need every ounce of your energy for repair...and never get repaired. The slap or punch you take and forgive, could have you lying decomposing where only miracles can find you.
MOOing...
Please, please write a book. Also, liked your MD quote . So fitting for the situation.

Oh, sorry...I have read a lot about the people involved in this case, but missed all those details on Brian's character prior to the trip. Thanks for filling me in on those details--I'm not keeping up, I guess. Given what a slacker he was, I wonder what purpose he served in Gabby's life?
Purpose? Love is blind... until it isn't.

About #2, I have never seen any verified information that said the laundries were not communicating with LE. And LE saying they aren't cooperating doesn't mean that either. It most likely means that LE wanted them to bring in BL for questioning and that hadn't happened.
esayer
...It's been common knowledge since the beginning the Laundries have not and will not cooperate. They are finally half-heartedly looking but that's not cooperating, weeks after the fact North Port police urge Brian Laundrie to cooperate in Gabby Petito investigation | Daily Mail Online[/unquote]

I read that article and nowhere in it did it say the Laundrie parents weren't cooperating, other than not allowing LE to speak to their son. And thats a pointless complaint because the laundries have no legal control over who their son talks to. Everytime there was a LE saying "not cooperating", they were referring to BL, not his parents. We have no idea what questions the partents are answering trhopugh their attorney or what they told LE the day they called LE in.

And thats why I distrust "common knowledge". Many people think its common knowledge that without Red, White and Bethune, LE would have never found GP's body, but that is not true. LE already knew where the van was parked that weekend because witnesses, including the Elk spotters who described the van, told them the day before RWB looked at their video. So trusting "common knowledge" is a recipe for overlooking actual facts in a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro