Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that makes him more dependent on mom than dad? I agree many people don't live at home but a majority (52%) in the US did in 2020 (age 18-29). And Gabby always lived with family too, her own or BL's or a close godparent. The purported dependence BL had on mom is something I've not observed except in posts here. We don't even know how often he called home while traveling. We don't know if he called mom or dad. But an abnormal "mother connection" is the only one mentioned.

A majority of young adults in the U.S. live with their parents for the first time since the Great Depression

A horrific thing happened.
We truly KNOW very very about their pasts. I just bet it was a whole bunch of normal, maybe with some signs of something or whatever that may have never manifested without the particular things that led up to.......

A horrific thing that happened.

In a discussion I had with dozens of parents with adult kids, some of them LE, all of them law abiding, none of them would have done. Doesn’t mean they are right, but any LE and attorney will tell you that it’s not a good idea to talk at that point. Regardless of their cooperation, Laundries were almost certainly going to be sued to ruination because of what their son did. It’s not like they had any good news for Gabby’s family either.

My initial reaction to this case was to be appalled about Laundries’ reactions , but n time, I can see why Laundries and their attorney taking the path they have. BL, a whole other story. But MOO, parents may not have known. BL could have come home and just refused to talk about it, and I certainly would not have suspected that Gabby was just left, let alone killed.
And, yes, when messages came from her family indicating something ominous, yes, I’d call someone with experience in this sordid mess. I would not know what to do.
If they knew she was dead, although I don’t agree, I see why they remained silent, they went into protect Brian mode. On the 10th/11th, if they believed she was alive and well last time Brian saw her per whatever he told them and they choose to remain silent at the possible expense of Gabby’s safety, I will never understand that callous and despicable behavior.

They can be sued if they have given false/misleading info which spurred LE on a multi-million dollar goose chase. IMO.

Sued by who, LE? I don’t think so. In that example they certainly could be charged with a criminal offence but that hasn’t happened.

If you’re referring to getting sued by GP’s family, in a hypothetical example, if they’d given false/misleading info that still wouldn’t have saved GP’s life.

bbm
Ita.
Since their refusal to answer the Petito's about Gabby's whereabouts in the early days I'm taking everything the Laundrie's say with the proverbial grain.
A large amount.

If LE verify he was driving the Mustang or had been seen going for a walk in the swamp I'd give it more credence.
Although LE did let him slip away which resulted in a prolonged , costly, and ongoing search !
Trying to be pro-LE here, but it seems like a careless slip to allow Brian to flee ?
This case is frustrating in more ways than one. :(
Imo.

He wasn't charged with anything at the time. Gabby had not yet been found. On what basis would LE hold him?

I have a hard time understanding how the Laundries could be sued for something their adult son did; however, I don't understand the nature of civil suits but I do know they are broader (?) than criminal suits.
The sad/scary fact is that you can be sued by anybody for anything real or imagined. They may not win but someone with the determination and/or resources can make your life hell for years and ruin you financially in making you defend yourself. In this situation, where Gabby lived with them for two years and died at the hands of their son, a lawyer for her estate should have no problem conjuring up a long list of claims.

If they knew she was dead, although I don’t agree, I see why they remained silent, they went into protect Brian mode. On the 10th/11th, if they believed she was alive and well last time Brian saw her per whatever he told them and they choose to remain silent at the possible expense of Gabby’s safety, I will never understand that callous and despicable behavior.
Yes why didn’t they go into action to reach out to find Gabby? They knew she was deceased! They didn’t care! They never gave sympathies to anyone. They could of talked to parents and said something happened they broke up go look for her. Cold and odd! JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor