Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, from my understanding, Gabby's mother had not reached the panicked conclusion to call the police until after she ( and Joe P ) attempted to call the Laundries for simple information! They were being ignored, and their alarms continued enough to call the police after that.
I agree. Why wouldn’t they have called the Laundries? Lol. It’s like yeah I guess they could have called the police any time they want. However, they wouldn’t call until they suspect something is wrong. IMO, the Petitos took a logical step in calling the Laundries first (why would you wanna call the cops if nothing is wrong), & the Laundries’ behavior deprived them of 10 days worth of time to get to Gabby. All JMO tho :)

I said earlier that I thought this whole “training” situation was super strange, & how it just flew all over me lol. However, I’m 100% not a LE officer. Jennifer (the former FBI agent of 20 or so years that appears on NewsNation quite a bit) this is what she tweeted regarding that situation. Very interesting IMO.
Hmmm. Not sure if it was last night or the night before she said something along the lines of - The Laundrie's know their son's not dead. Reason being they would've hired a better lawyer.

Does that make sense to anyone or is it just me?

A forensic expert explains in detail about Gabby Petito’s autopsy results, and what kind of physical signs they would find to come to the conclusion of manual strangulation.

But, from my understanding, Gabby's mother had not reached the panicked conclusion to call the police until after she ( and Joe P ) attempted to call the Laundries for simple information! They were being ignored, and their alarms continued enough to call the police after that.

Gabby's mother has stated that September 10th was the first day she tried to contact BL and his mother RL about Gabby. She contacted the police the same day when she didn't get a response but was blown off (her words). She filed a police report the next day. There was no delay.

"Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online" Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

• Schmidt tells DailyMail.com that on September 10 she texted Brian and his mother Roberta trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied.
  • 'I knew something was wrong,' Schmidt said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately'

Last edited:
Just because you have the "right" to not incriminate yourself is not the same as saying "dont' talk to the police". If no one ever talked to the police, that is when our system is broken.

The original point was why did he not talk to the police at his home in Florida - my opinion is that he didn't want them to notice he was wounded, scratched up, and didn't want to reveal his guilt by talking like he did in Utah. He was talkative in Utah. Not at all in Florida.

Gabby was not his possession. She was a person with rights herself - rights he took away - and someone's daughter, and sister, and granddaughter. It was not BL's right to hide what happened to her just because he felt like "Constitutional rights" should be exercised for the heck of it.

JMO
I take it you've never watched interrogation room footage? Why would anyone subject themselves to that when they have Constitutional protections? If he's guilty, the evidence will bear that out and his actions can be judged at that time.

wait. Why did the allegedly try to contact the Laundries? I thought it was because the Petito’s were concerned, no? So at that point they had some inkling that something was amiss… or may have been. That is to say in my opinion they thought something was wrong. Maybe they were just calling to chit chat? I dunno. My perspective based on what’s been presented in these here bazillion comments lol
NS tried to file a missing report on the 10th, LE would not take it.

wait. Why did the allegedly try to contact the Laundries? I thought it was because the Petito’s were concerned, no? So at that point they had some inkling that something was amiss… or may have been. That is to say in my opinion they thought something was wrong. Maybe they were just calling to chit chat? I dunno. My perspective based on what’s been presented in these here bazillion comments lol
Yeah I was under the impression the Petitos - at the point of the initial call - were worried about both Gabby & BL. So they reached out to the Laundries to see if they had heard from them. That’s what my understanding was.

IMO, the outrage directed at the Ls stems from the very human desire for someone to answer for this terrible crime. And so far the one person who appears to be the culprit cannot answer for it. But the Ls had absolutely nothing to do with the murder, and even if we take the most damning assumption of events - that BL called them and told them the whole story before even returning to FL - it was already too late. Even if they are actively hiding him and helping him evade capture, they did not commit this murder and could have done nothing to stop it. I think the Ls are just more collateral damage in this sorry situation, and right now they are just scapegoats for the real culprit, who is in hiding like a coward.

So. In my view if she was “in panic mode” allegedly trying to contact the laundries was poor judgement. Sure maybe place a quick call. But the instant there was no answer I’d think that panic would lead to another approach. That’s my opinion.

Aren't we all so fortunate that we haven't had to deal with such a situation and can sit back and comment on how we would handle it if we were?

Gabby's mother has stated that September 10th was the first day she tried to contact BL and his mother RL about Gabby. She contacted the police the same day when she didn't get a response but was blown off (her words). She filed a police report the next day. There was no delay.

"Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online" Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

• Schmidt tells DailyMail.com that on September 10 she texted Brian and his mother Roberta trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied.
  • 'I knew something was wrong,' Schmidt said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately'
On dr. Phil gabby’s dad said they started calling people on day 8 and 9

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Respectfully, I do find that the Petito/ Schmidt family acted as most parents would. Gabby and BL were not children, they were adults. If NS and JP felt it odd, that neither of them could contact Gabby...OR BL, as adult parents of adult children, I would contact the next of kin of Gabby's partner, and say.." Hey? Have you heard from them? We can't get in touch with Gabby...just wondering.." Simple. EZ PZ No accusations. Just a simple question, because they were beginning to get concerned. IMO, Gabby's parents Hinky Meter went totally bonkers after the Laundries blew off the phone calls.
IMO, that act alone...their total disregard for humanity..set the wheels in motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
So. In my view if she was “in panic mode” allegedly trying to contact the laundries was poor judgement. Sure maybe place a quick call. But the instant there was no answer I’d think that panic would lead to another approach. That’s my opinion.
She did, went to LE immediately, would not take report, went back on the 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl