Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the claim that messages were left is true... and, if it is, were they saved or tossed to the cloud. And, if saved, if they'd reveal threats or something of that sort.

GP's father, JP, said in interviews (Dr.P, I think) that he eventually said they were going to call the police, and he made the point that you would think they would have called back at that point.

Judging from comments I've read in these threads, some people are "praying" that he is found alive for the purpose of seeing to it that he is EXECUTED in the name of the people of the United States, considering THAT homicide as justifiable. I do not want anyone to be executed in my name. This is my opinion. jmo
While I'm sure some people may feel that way, one can want someone to face justice without wanting them to face the death penalty.

Also, if BL is found alive, an indictment may be unveiled that would give more information about what happened to Gabby. If he is deceased, less information will come out about what happened. Not that everyone needs to know everything, but still.

JMO

You know, it's interesting to me that during the traffic stop in Moab, GP punched BL's arm and I think she was telling him to pull over and he said she yanked on the steering wheel causing him to hit the curb. [Never a good idea to do that!] It occurs to me that perhaps he was afraid to pull over, and continued to drive, in a bit of fear-flee mode and that could have been why GP punch his arm and yanked the steering wheel - - to make him pull over. If this is what happened, it suggests to me that he might have been fleeing in a tiny way in that instance.

He did laugh with the LEOs, but not at first. At first, his demeanor was very cautious. He kept his hands in view [always a good idea], his facial expression "innocent, sincere, friendly, cooperative" all rolled together. He was acting nervous outside the van too, but eventually, I think when he realized the LEOs he was talking to was "understanding" his point of view, he started to relax and joke around with them.
I don't want to rehash the Moab scene endlessly because we have discussed it endlessly and lots of times, pointlessly.
I saw what you're describing as a guy so out of his head with rage and anger that he was acting utterly recklessly and without due caution.. he would have kept driving if she hadn't stopped him, IMO. Then I saw him revert to nice guy is the space of 5 seconds!
That is not normal behaviour .
JMO

I think calling him pathetic based on the cause of death is much different than calling him pathetic because he lives with his parents.

Many young people live with their parents, it doesn't make them "pathetic". Thats the point I'm seeing being made here.

There are lots of reasons to view BL with contempt.

His behavior to GP that inspired strangers in Moab to call 911 - contemptible
Belittling GP to the LE in Moab - contemptible
His behavior at the restaurant - contemptible
The likely murder of GP - clearly contemptible
The COD (as the consensus is that he was responsible) - contemptible

on the other hand - IMO
Living at home - not contemptible
Working at a grocery store - not contemptible
How he walks - notable for identification but not contemptible
Books he reads - maybe notable for profiling reasons but not contemptible
Art he created as a young person - subject matter maybe notable but not contemptible

Name calling and derision is not helpful, it misdirects the focus away from facts IMO

Thumps up!

We’re talking about a park in very rural Sarasota County here and I’d venture to say yes. I’ve lived here for years. The Myakka area, the river, the parks, the land you go walk before you buy it, you need protection. I’ve walked oodles of parcels from SR64 down into Charlotte County, when I was looking for land. I usually had my brother with me or some friends. I wore gloves, long sleeves, jeans and tall rubber boots. I’ve nearly tripped over a 10’ black snake in tall grass. I was shuffling my feet too. I stopped and watched as he went on his way.

The county parks in the populated areas are different. Most of the wildlife has moved on. Except for the gators. They’ll happily coexist if you leave them alone.

The old golf course by me is being razed right now. We’re seeing bobcats, foxes, snakes, small animals nearly every day. Nobody is shooting them - just being observant and keeping their pets inside.

I wear permethrin sprayed hiking/wilderness clothes from shoes, socks, pants, shirt, vest, hat when I go out. I have a Fanny pack and a backpack. I carry a hiking stick. I have bear spray in my pack. But I do not carry a gun. It’s illegal here to do so except during hunting season and for the express purpose of hunting. I don’t know anyone who just takes walks like I do, and I know many in all of these years who walk armed with a weapon. But then we aren’t running from the law or hiding out.

Nice. I'm curious did you - as some might suggest - consider him "pathetic"??

Absolutely not. A guess in today's lingo he would be considered a bit strange but a lot of artistic individuals don't march to the same drummers as the rest of society. And as an aside, he used to draw previously released artwork. I believe most artists do when starting out. I don't see that as theft of intellectual property. I'd see art students when I went to the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) sitting for hours either sketching or painting famous artwork.

Exactly!
The most dangerous alligators live in close proximity to the public and are often fed by people, thus losing their fear of humans.
Gators in the wild don't expect food from people and are generally not interested in humans. There are always exceptions of course but gators rarely attack grown men.
I have been more concerned for the dogs that have been working in that swamp and I'm certain LE makes certain those valuable dogs are well protected in that environment.

jmho
This guy was attacked by an alligator in the Carlton Reserve.

"Jeffrey Heim is a 25-year-old who enjoys scuba diving in his spare time. He was scuba diving, searching for giant prehistoric megalodon shark teeth, when he was attacked by a 7-foot alligator.

Jeffrey suffered a skull fracture in the attack and received 34 staples in his head. He said he's dealt with anxiety in the wake of attack and doesn't have any intention of returning to the river, which is full of many more alligators than others in the area."

Family, Parenting, Pet and Lifestyle Tips That Bring Us Closer Together | LittleThings.com

Those rifles are the only defense between a human and the wildlife. Traipsing thru there without a gun would be foolish, regardless of why you’re there. Sometimes you hear the threat before you see it. Think rattlesnake. I can’t imagine BL went in there without a gun. I’ve walked thru the Myakkahatchee park. It’s rudimentary in its services, very natural, not populated and I swear, the bugs can tote you away.
Hundreds of people hike in the reserves and parks in Florida and do not find it reasonable to go in armed against wildlife. Humans are apex predators. It is fairly easy to avoid rattlesnakes, and even if you cannot, and you step on one, having a gun is unlikely to help protect yourself. Unless someone just shoots at non threatening snakes at a distance in the offhand chance that one may defy its natural instinct to flee and to attack instead. Same with gators. They shy away from humans. If one is there to enjoy the nature and wildlife, I hope, sincerely, one would not go, or promote going, armed. JMHO and all of that.

While I'm sure some people may feel that way, one can want someone to face justice without wanting them to face the death penalty.

Also, if BL is found alive, an indictment may be unveiled that would give more information about what happened to Gabby. If he is deceased, less information will come out about what happened. Not that everyone needs to know everything, but still.

JMO
Oh, I agree! Life w/out parole will protect society from him which is as it should be. Justice does not mean revenge. Incarceration is for the protection of civil society. Yes! I want to learn all the details that a trial can provide. jmo

??? What in the van? Curious.
I’m always nervous when pulled over. I don’t want a ticket.

OK, you just sent my brain to a cray cray place!

So, IF what people are thinking is true that BL was hiding GP's phone from her in the "spot" (his words as to where it was) in the van.

Then he more than likely hid that phone from her under or around her seat. Right under her nose.

So, if we continued with this pattern of thinking, where then would he hide himself from the police?

He is right under their noses. So close to them they don't even look there. :eek:

moo.

@10ofRods made an excellent post about this, many threads ago. This type of thing is used by fire fighters, for example, to respond to a small forest fire as if it was huge, because that's really the only way to get actual experience.

I tend to think we have lost perspective, in this case - I'm sure the FBI has many more pressing issues and higher priority cases. Not every move LE makes is tied to BL.
I see your point. I was coming more from the angle that even if you have folks training with you, that’s totally fine, but it doesn’t come off very good to tell the media like we’re doing training in an area where you also claim that there’s a fugitive on the loose. I agree that the best training is actual experience. It just came off kinda weird. IMO.

ETA: forgot to put that it was JMO.

It's, literally, in the Constitution. If you consider exercising your rights under the law to be "broken," it was built broken.

Just because you have the "right" to not incriminate yourself is not the same as saying "dont' talk to the police". If no one ever talked to the police, that is when our system is broken.

The original point was why did he not talk to the police at his home in Florida - my opinion is that he didn't want them to notice he was wounded, scratched up, and didn't want to reveal his guilt by talking like he did in Utah. He was talkative in Utah. Not at all in Florida.

Gabby was not his possession. She was a person with rights herself - rights he took away - and someone's daughter, and sister, and granddaughter. It was not BL's right to hide what happened to her just because he felt like "Constitutional rights" should be exercised for the heck of it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member