Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that almost every person who hikes in the nature preserves carry weapons of some kind? When I've read of deaths in nature preserves and national parks it's usually because of falls and unpreparedness (not checking the weather, not advising people where they are going, wrong gear, etc) not from encountering wild animals. Sure, they do happen, but most of those encounters I've seen with alligators are in areas that people are very familiar with like waterways near their homes. Even in Disneyworld a child was killed by an alligator. Even panther attacks are almost none existent.

It's hard for me to envision that the majority of hikers and campers carry weapons.
I don't live in a swamp/preserve area, but when we used to go hiking in the desert we went armed. I also live in a border state, that only added to our wanting to be armed. JMO

I think we are assuming that he was at the house when the calls were received. He may well have been out of the house and out of immediate contact with his family.

We have a lot of kids, all adults and a lot of SOs too. If one of their parents called, I’d talk to the kid first. Especially if some break up was involved. Absolutely, if some horrific news was involved. I’d want to get more information.
That my kid was involved, possibly responsible for something like this would knock the air out of me so hard that Ivwoyld not be able to talk to the parent. Yes, I’d call someone to help me through this. Like an attorney friend.

See to me, I'm not certain that they at that point in time "contacted their attorney". I think personal stories are taboo, so I'll just say there are people that utilize an attorney on an ongoing manner... typically business owners, for example. They may very likely have their attorneys business card(s) on hand. So, were someone to comes to the door and express something that may sound ominous, they may just jump to action to refer the person to the attorney. I'd imagine that if I walked into Boeing and started asking serious legal type questions, I'd get referred to Counsel... no matter if there was guilt or not. Yes, I know that's not a 1:1 analogy, but the concept is still there.
He has been their attorney for 20 years, they flipped houses, I assume he mostly helped with real estate but IDK so definitely not a new occurrence. When they actually made the phone call is irrelevant to me, they could have very well called after LE left. The resulting action of telling LE we will only communicate thru him is the same whenever they contacted him. The point is they had their wits about them. MOO

They had witnesses of the DV tho don't forget.
And LE had a missing person who lived in that house, and her automobile was there. Anyway the post was about what would happen if ppl just refused to talk to the cops. As I said, they had empirical evidence of his traffic violations, AND they had conflicting stories about DV from witnesses. So, anyone else in a different neighborhood would (likely, IMO) have been hauled in on the unequivocal, empirically detailed traffic violations while the whole thing was sorted out.

IMO

Last edited:
Seems kind of pointless to have your own place if your plan is to save up enough money to travel the US in a van. Sure, they had some nice items along with them on the trip, but neither really seemed to require a lot of material items. I think living at home was a means to achieve that traveling plan. If I was planning to leave for an extended period of time, I wouldn't want to be locked into a lease or deal with monthly maintenance of a home. Sure, you can sublet, if allowed, or rent out your own home, but those come with their own risks that young 20 somethings probably don't want.

IMO, where he lived doesn't really say much. Returning there after potentially committing a crime, however, does. He could have been looking for comfort and stability, especially if he was supposed to be on medication for anxiety.

Edited spelling, again. No one wants to travel in a can.
Yes, plus, where else was he really supposed to go? I mean, he could have turned himself in, but if not, what other options did he have?

I haven't done any of these things. I don't think living at home contemptible. (But freeloading is.) Actually, stealing intellectual property is contemptible. (Any real artist will attest to this.) So I take that back. I have said that now. And as far as reading, I'm happy to see young people reading as a hobby and will not judge anyone for that.
I've seen nothing that compels me that Laundrie was considered a freeloader. Possibly, for example, his parents asked him to remain at their home ('cuz it;s their business location too) to help in the family business. Maybe they paid him, maybe it was in exchange for room and board. I don;t know whatsoever. But its hard for me to simply look though a tiny tiny peephole and see the entire scene. Maybe others can? If the IP stuff is real, then yeah, that sucks big time. were there any C&D letters involved. Did he pay license fees? Did he profit from that alleged situation? I don't know.

I see a lot of people talking about BL’s finances, he potentially could have been left an inheritance of some sort from a grandparent for example, perhaps that would be enough to keep him on the run for a while. All speculation and MOO

ETA - armed police at the preserve and every time the helicopter gets there police leave, what is going on, strange happenings indeed.

Are you saying that almost every person who hikes in the nature preserves carry weapons of some kind? When I've read of deaths in nature preserves and national parks it's usually because of falls and unpreparedness (not checking the weather, not advising people where they are going, wrong gear, etc) not from encountering wild animals. Sure, they do happen, but most of those encounters I've seen with alligators are in areas that people are very familiar with like waterways near their homes. Even in Disneyworld a child was killed by an alligator. Even panther attacks are almost none existent.

It's hard for me to envision that the majority of hikers and campers carry weapons.
Exactly!
The most dangerous alligators live in close proximity to the public and are often fed by people, thus losing their fear of humans.
Gators in the wild don't expect food from people and are generally not interested in humans. There are always exceptions of course but gators rarely attack grown men.
I have been more concerned for the dogs that have been working in that swamp and I'm certain LE makes certain those valuable dogs are well protected in that environment.

jmho

And LE had a missing person who lived in that house, and her automobile was there. Anyway the post was about what would happen if ppl just refused to talk to the cops. As I said, they had empirical evidence of his traffic violations, AND they had conflicting stories about DV from witnesses. So, anyone else in a different neighborhood would have been hauled in on the unequivocal, empirically detailed traffic violations while the whole thing was sorted out.

IMO

So, the initial reason the van was being tracked down would not lead to charges of DV based on witnesses?

That's interesting that it would be ignored and only the traffic violation would have been the focus.

Just like @TheGardener said, I also believe that the hitchhike, bike ride etc were all alibi thing. They didn't expect her to be found so early. That one thought makes me puke.

He will still need somone's help and if the Laundries are in constant supervision, who is helping him?

Speaking of him [allegedly] not expecting her remains to be found so early:

Does anyone know if BL left before or after the search for GP began in the Spread Creek dispersed camping area? I'm wondering if his [alleged] text "No service, in Yosemite" was a red herring meant to throw the search to Yellowstone* where they were probably headed next. [GP's friend Rose said that she was going to meet up with GP in Yellowstone on/about August 29, but they never finalized the plan.] If searchers had looked in Yellowstone, it would have taken much, much longer to find GP's remains at Spread Creek. If they ever found her.

*I think "Yosemite" was possibly auto suggested and selected as a mix up because they were so far from Yosemite, but had probably planned to go there later and had typed it enough that the phone suggested it as the Y word. I also wonder if BL might be Dyslexic and mix up words like my Dyslexic DH [dear husband] does. I could see my DH saying Yosemite instead of Yellowstone. Looking at the tattoo applications he and GP filled out, his signature is very messy (for lack of a better word) and the handwriting on his application matches the handwriting on GP's application, leading me to believe that she fills out paperwork for him. This is something I do for my Dyslexic husband as he communicates very well but struggles with writing. I don't know if I can link to the article about the tattoo guy that did their tattoos, but if anyone wants to Google it, it's in the Daily Mail (dot com) site: "Exclusive: Tattoo artist reveals Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie got matching finger tattoos of vines to 'represent their love' and gushed about plans for a 'big road trip together' a year before their ill-fated adventure." Dyslexia is not a matter of intelligence, but it would be interesting to me if BL has this because if he relied on GP to do certain things for him (as my DH does on me) it could suggest a level of dependence on her and a feeling of needing her to help him function successfully in certain ways [writing things out, etc.] that could add more depth to how he might feel abandoned if he thought she were going to leave him. Dysgraphia is another trait that could be an issue.

Judging from comments I've read in these threads, some people are "praying" that he is found alive for the purpose of seeing to it that he is EXECUTED in the name of the people of the United States, considering THAT homicide as justifiable. I do not want anyone to be executed in my name. This is my opinion. jmo
I don't care what they do t him if they find him.

They don’t. By far, most that I know do not.

I've seen nothing that compels me that Laundrie was considered a freeloader. Possibly, for example, his parents asked him to remain at their home ('cuz it;s their business location too) to help in the family business. Maybe they paid him, maybe it was in exchange for room and board. I don;t know whatsoever. But its hard for me to simply look though a tiny tiny peephole and see the entire scene. Maybe others can? If the IP stuff is real, then yeah, that sucks big time. were there any C&D letters involved. Did he pay license fees? Did he profit from that alleged situation? I don't know.

Just for clarity sake, and not in a condescending way, profit does not have to be made to violate intellectual property. C&D letters don't have to be sent. None of that has to happen. The artist doesn't even have to know. In fact, most artist do not ever know. It's still what it is just the same. And still contemptible in my eyes. As far as licensing fees, I doubt it. For example...I don't think he was paying the creators and owners of The Simpsons intellectual property and such fees to make bookmarks. But that is JMO, along with everything else.

Pure speculation regarding GP's nutritionist job that she mentioned to the MOAB police...

Gabby Petito case: Who are Brian Laundrie's parents?

This article states:

The Laundries own Juicer Services, a company started in 2017 that sells and services commercial juicing equipment.​

So it is not a juice bar, and doesn't sound to me like it would require a nutritionist. But perhaps she was on the payroll of this business as a way of continuing to earn money on the road trip since it didn't appear the social media was monetized yet? MOO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
It doesn’t matter to me what their jobs were. They worked to save for this trip for some time. Lived with BL’s parents to save for it. It’s a big deal thing, what they did and their families were excited about it too, and supported the plan. They may have been putting off things to be able to do this. Jobs had nothing to do with BL’s actions that caused this tragedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member