Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to add the interview with the restaurant witness from my OP to this thread. I should have added it to multi quote before the thread closed but I didn’t think about it. So if anyone needs it for reference, here it is.

I would have asked her if she remembers what Gabby was wearing at the restaurant when this incident took place.

I thought that was a bizarre comment from them, but maybe it's just me. When I go on vacation, I'm not interested in connecting with others other than my family who I'm with. Why would they think it was abandoned? People park, and then go hiking. A van or car or RV would often be empty (abandoned is a strange term!). People nap! People sleep. People take walks.

BBM
I agree, I thought it strange when this came out because she stated something like 'we noticed the Florida plates and thought about saying hello but didn't see anyone inside'

When watching the footage, IIRC there is audio, you can hear the van driving along the bumpy track and general clatter but there's no one speaking.

I don't think there's anything sinister in it!
Just finding the van in their footage itself was amazing! But why the need to embellish? IMO it was an odd statement to make when clearly no one speaks before, during or after passing Gabby's van in the footage.

EBM apparently the wife was travelling in a separate vehicle which would explain why the statement about the fellow Florida van let's say hey is not captured on the audio.

JMO

Last edited:
Anyone remember Jason Young? He killed his pregnant wife in NC.
They traced all of his phone calls and movements. They also located a gas attendant who remembered him.
What did they remember? Well, he cursed at her!
I'm willing to bet BL's bad behavior continued on his trek in the van back to Florida.
If it ever gets to trial, it will be interesting to hear what they have found out about BL!
Clerk says she sold gas to Jason Young on day of wife's slaying :: WRAL.com

Yes. I agree. I really believe this: some people are very uncomfortable seeing emotional women cry. Those moments in time tend to be written off as a mental health issue.

Loved your post!!! That is so true. Although now, the whole world has the benefit of knowing for certain who the emotionally unstable one was in that relationship. They can see how smoothly he behaved in the Moab stop. They can watch how Gabby took the blame for his actions time and time again and shielded him from accusation.

Edit: Sorry about the mangled post. I wrote it at work and I didn't realize I had posted it yet. :D

Last edited:
Just getting here from yesterday, and I just saw this. Please forgive if a repeat. It's a nice article.

Gabby's mom & dad were taking their sweet daughter's remains home in an urn.

EXCLUSIVE: Gabby's going home: Grieving parents of murdered Gabby Petito are seen leaving the Jackson, Wyoming mortuary with the box holding their precious daughter's ashes six weeks after she was abandoned by fugitive Brian Laundrie

• Gabby Petito's father Joseph was seen leaving the Valley Mortuary in Jackson, Wyoming, on Saturday morning clutching the white box containing the ashes of the 22-year-old van life blogger
[...]
Mom Nichole appeared visibly upset as they left the funeral home, while black-clad father Joe held the white box containing Petito’s body to his chest.

The remains of blonde Petito will now be taken home to Long Island, New York, for burial.
[...]
Blue added that DNA samples had been taken by law enforcement as the investigation into her murder and who was responsible continues.
---------------------------
Authorities have not named a suspect in her murder but it is possible they may already have named one behind closed doors, a former FBI agent told WPBF 25.

'That piece of information, I would bet, has gone into grand jury - there is now a sealed indictment for the apprehension for the person who is responsible for the death of Gabby Petito,' former FBI agent Stuart Kaplan said.

More here:
Gabby Petito's parents are seen collecting her remains in Wyoming three weeks after body was found | Daily Mail Online

Didn't GP's parents scatter her ashes at Jenny Lake? Her dad's tweet said [paraphrasing] he knows now why she went there and she now has a beautiful view from now on, with a photo of Jenny Lake.

I believe there has to be a unanimous verdict or it’s a hung jury and possible retrial. It’s happened.

We don’t know what witnesses, evidence, a lot of things LE has on this case. There may be a lot more than we’ve seen

Oh, I agree. LE are under no obligation to reveal their findings or evidence to the public or the MSM.

It makes complete sense for them to only disclose what they absolutely have to.

Everything disclosed so far will have been carefully decided upon beforehand to ensure that the ongoing investigation and a potential future trial isn't jeopardised because of it.

What we know will only be a fraction of what they know.

IMO

Huh? I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting the Laundries will be called by the prosecution as witnesses against their son? And that the jury will believe them? Believe them about what? That they were big meanies not to call GP's parents back?
JMO

I think I’d call them as witnesses against their son. Hostile, most likely, as they would not want to testify. I’d also give them immunity so they could not invoke the 5th. I’d like to know what BL said about coming home without Gabby. What he said when parents got texts, messages, that clearly showed something was not right and asked him again about Gabby and what the heck the Petitos are talking about. Also, dates, getting a lawyer, all sorts of stuff that they know.
THEY did not kill Gabby so letting them go on any abetting and aiding not as important as nailing BL for the crime

I doubt the FBI is going to share the phone evidence with the public until trial. According to GP's parents all they knew is that neither GP nor BL was answering their phones. They had no idea BL was at the Laundrie home with Gabby's van but Laundrie's parents certainly knew it. There is no "plausible denial" possible. Their attorney has nothing to do with their refusal to return personal calls to GP's parents. What it will be at trial, imo, is evidence of consciousness of BL's guilt and their willingness to help their son evade LE.

jmo

Thank you for this! There hasn't been one thing in the case from BL's side that screams to me "maybe it wasn't him". JMO

This is why I don't go to touristy restaurants!
And while you're camping, trying to save money, why were they in a restaurant in the first place?!
He had no right getting angry in that restaurant because the moment you walk in the door of a place like that you KNOW their prices will be high and you're getting ripped off - at least somewhat.

I was also imagining that he got angry about a hidden charge, like some service fee or mandatory tip they tacked on the bill at the end of the meal. Surprise! I hate that too but it would never occur to me to yell at someone about it. Just write a bad review!

IMO

18% is a lot if you did not like the service; some people want to be able to choose whether to tip or not; that might explain the beginning of the incident. Did not know before that GP worked in a restaurant in NC- maybe she would have felt more sympathy toward the staff.

Good one! I vaguely remember that she said 26th. This was "airstream lady? She was the one who said he was driving really slow and she thought he was alone. She thought about talking to him, but said he looked too young to fit with her friends...and that since he was alone, she thought better of talking to him. This is my recollection. Not stated as solid fact. JMO So where was Gabby? We know she was alive because she was seen the next day at Merry Piglets.

Yes she does say she saw him alone

This forced Schultz to drive off the road a bit to get around — and as she passed, she looked over and saw that the van’s driver was alone — a “generic” young white guy.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Although it could be possible G was in the back (I don't know - can't you ride in the back of one of those things?) we know she was in the passenger seat at Moab.

There really, really is a lot we don't know about the time period around the murder. I wonder why they were separated at this point? JMO

Didn't GP's parents scatter her ashes at Jenny Lake? Her dad's tweet said [paraphrasing] he knows now why she went there and she now has a beautiful view from now on, with a photo of Jenny Lake.
Interesting. When was the Jenny Lake sighting, anyone know? jmo

Apologies if this has been posted before, but can't hurt to post again: timeline from CNN
Timeline of Gabby Petito case - CNN

I need all you bright sleuthers to help me sort something out. BP's flight back home to clean out a storage unit to "save money" (but he took a flight?) *screams* premeditation to me. Was he was planning his big escape, and preparing for what he was about to do?

SBM
BBM

If he was, I can only think of one scenario that might qualify.

Gabby might have broken up with him, which prompted him to fly back to Florida. However, obsessed and scorned mates don't always take it well when they get dumped, especially if they're also the manipulative, controlling type.

He may have decided while he was in Florida to go back and make sure if he couldn't have her--no one could...

I wish we knew whether he bought a round-trip ticket or two, one-way tickets.

Could have something to do with the weather maybe? just guessing.

If it were hot there (idk the temp that day or time), anybody in the van (sleeping or in the back) would probably need air? So, maybe assumed nobody in the back? And then it looked like on the video that there was nobody in the front? And windows were rolled up?

If it were hot and the van wasn't abandoned, the recently open door makes some sense possibly? That they were in the back and just got a whiff of fresh air with door being open?

People don't go camping to sit in a van with the doors closed. The very idea of that is silly to me.
IMO
If BL had left her along for any length of time, I'd think she'd be out there photographing things for her Insta account, making video footage, things like that, taking advantage of the beautiful location, not sitting in the van. I can't imagine anyone doing that. SO when BL said to the drivers that he had left his girlfriend alone to work on her blog because he was off hiking for a few days - my BS radar would have been set off in a major way. (They were not in a cabin with wifi they were out in the middle of nowhere!)

What matters is finding BL and getting answers from him. He's really the only person who knows the answers to everything.

What I wonder is if he will break down and confess everything when he's eventually found, or stay quiet and not talk.

JMO

I doubt the FBI is going to share the phone evidence with the public until trial. According to GP's parents all they knew is that neither GP nor BL was answering their phones. They had no idea BL was at the Laundrie home with Gabby's van but Laundrie's parents certainly knew it. There is no "plausible denial" possible. Their attorney has nothing to do with their refusal to return personal calls to GP's parents. What it will be at trial, imo, is evidence of consciousness of BL's guilt and their willingness to help their son evade LE.

jmo

I disagree. When they got calls, texts from the Petitos, they likely would have asked BL what was going on. I have a number of adult children and I’m not one to get involved with their SO’s, break ups, problems, their parents. I’d go to my kid first. It would never occur to me that someone would just ditch a SO or kill someone. I’d think the calls about collecting belongings. Wouldn’t necessarily know whose name was on the van even.
But if texts show concern, of missing person, yes, I’d be on high alert snd insist my kid tell me what’s going on. And, yes, this would be more thsn I’d want to handle myself—there is no good answer to give to the Petitos here. I’d call and attorney or maybe LE.

LE would absolutely not want parents to be talking to each other in this case and would handle it. Even in minor situations, they do not want contact between two parties with conflict.

100%!

I'd hope if I was on trial for something, that the jury paid attention to the facts and evidence only. No personal opinions, no personal experiences, and no preconceived ideas.

That's what constitutes a fair jury IMO.
Jurors are allowed to form their own opinions based on the evidence. They discuss their opinions during deliberation and they don't always agree. That's how our system of justice is supposed to work.

jmo

I thought that was a bizarre comment from them, but maybe it's just me. When I go on vacation, I'm not interested in connecting with others other than my family who I'm with. Why would they think it was abandoned? People park, and then go hiking. A van or car or RV would often be empty (abandoned is a strange term!). People nap! People sleep. People take walks.
Oh but only if they had stopped. Something terrible may have been averted.

This is the type of expert opinion I find irresponsible, frankly. It would be one thing if she were analyzing surveillance footage of the incident, but she is analyzing a third party's unverified account. This is no better than all of our speculation based on the same information, but it has the veneer of being more true since it comes from an 'expert' MOO
I totally agree! When I read that article, I was highly irritated that a choice was made to publish her comments. People are feeding off that like this woman has some kind of inside information. Your word for it is right on--irresponsible.

I don't believe that she was punching, scratching or pushing him except to stop him taking over her possessions. She is the one who is dead and he is hiding. Numerous experts who have seen that video had no problem seeing HER as a domestic abuse victim. MOO.

A million likes. BL was no victim. He was never in ANY danger from Gabby.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member