Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just for argument and analysis sake, let's take BL's parents out of this- suppose everything happened as it did- BL went "home"- but say the parents either did not exist or were stationed overseas and unavailable. phone calls not answered. attorney hired. BL vanishes. does it change what we think about BL's location/status? I think no. IMHO.

It would take the parents out of the equation as far as all this suspicion being put on them now. They can't even walk to the mailbox without ending up in the papers. They are getting yelled at by strangers:

“Come on, dirty Laundries!” he shouted. “Come on, you guys like to strangle people!”

Last edited:
I’ve lost my credit card a number of times. The first thing I do is check where it was last used. (That triggers me to remember the last time I had it). Once the missing persons report was filed, I would think the last charge of her bank cards would be one of the first things the police would know about—they should’ve known that it had been used recently after the last contact with mom (along a route from Wyoming to Florida ). I don’t understand why it took so long to take action on that. Wouldn’t that knowledge have been cause to search the house for GP right away? Or even make an arrest. Why did it take so long for them to issue the arrest warrant for the unauthorized use?
BBM This process takes time. The 11th was a Saturday. Bank would not even have a chance to process the subpoena on the bank records before BL went to the reserve.

And the first thing the witness describes is Gabby getting up crying, then Brian angry with staff. Yes, various ways to interrupt. Not necessarily mad at each other. This might change my opinion on how this influence what happened at Spreading Creek, and Gabby's boots still with her. Did they camp there on the 27th together? Was it something else?

I do believe she was trying to remember to the best of her ability. BUT...very interesting that she seem to say that Gabby got up crying and left first and THEN Brian started arguing with staff. Did waitress upset Gabby? And Brian lose his temper?
I once had a volatile boyfriend when I was about Gabby's age. He used to make a scene at restaurants or parties. He'd send food back, argue about the bill, etc.

It made me cry, even before he had his arguments with waiters because I would be arguing with him that 'it's not a big deal, please chill out. '

I think it's possible she was crying because he was getting angry, about to make a scene and she was sick and tired of his volatile behaviour. It is exhausting.

Last edited:
August 24: Roberta Laundrie initially made reservations for 2 people at Soto Park Campground for September 1-3.
Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

August 31: Roberta cancelled their camping reservations for 2 people.

September 1: Brian arrived to North Port in Gabby’s van at 10:26AM

September 3: Roberta made a new reservation for 3 people to camp on the weekend of September 6-8.

A source who spoke to Fox News on the condition of anonymity used to work at Civic Plus, a software company that manages the Fort De Soto campground's reservation system, and speculates that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug. 31, when they had plans to camp, and canceled them accordingly. They then made a new reservation including their son at a later date.

There was also activity on their Spotify playlist from August 30-August 31:

August 30:
7 songs were added to one playlist on the Nomadic Statik Spotify. Spotify

August 31:
4 songs were added to another Playlist.

Hmm. Some anonymous source who supposedly works for the software company that the Ft DeSoto campground uses speculated (word is quoted from above) that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug 31. Wow. That's convincing! Did the anonymous software guy happen to mention why it appears BL arrived on Sept 1 not Aug 31?

I'm not persuaded the Laundries knew of his arrival in advance. They may have but this isn't convincing.
JMO

I've always wondered how NPPD was so sure that Gabby was not a hostage in the house, or worse, dead? jmo Seems like they would want to check. Maybe the welfare check earlier yielded some information from the parents that no she was not there! jmo

i've always wondered why they didn't verify that she was not in the home...but also, the missing person report listed her mother's address as her current address, and the laundrie's address as previous address...imo and iirc, this was done because they were not allowed to file a report out of state...maybe because the laundrie's address was listed as previous address, they could not physically verify that she was not there...idk...moo

All GREAT questions! Not sure about the walking part...I think earlier in this thread someone mentioned that they were on foot. I hadn't heard that before, so I became a bit double baffled. Lol. MOO.

I think this whole line of discussion has been jumbled up a bit by some misunderstandings. Someone asked how far from M. Piglets was to where the van was parked at Spread Creek (but the way the question was posed was not 100% clear). Someone had commented that since the MP was in a town, the van was likely no too far (meaning parked in the town for the restaurant trip) and I think the "walking" was regarding GP and BL walking to the van after leaving the MP restaurant. Someone had commented that since the MP was in a town, the van was likely no too far. Because someone asked how far the van spot at SC was from MP and that was maybe 46 miles, but I think the whole thing got confused. MOO

But I don't think the standard is "I can't think of anyone else who might have done it so he must be guilty" or "I've seen nothing in court to convince me he didn't do it so I guess he did.".

By the time the trial rolls around (if it does) I'm sure there will be lots of evidence we don't know about now. But some things mentioned here: his parents got a lawyer and didn't return calls, he might have had a bruise in a photo taken when camping at least a week after GP died, even that he used her credit card wouldn't convince me to vote guilty on murder. They'd have to have alot more.
JMO
There's already more that we know about:
- Her body was found next to where her van was parked, the van was registered in her name, and he drove it home without her.
- He didn't report her missing.
- She was strangled - a very *personal* type of homicide.
- He went on the run shortly after LE seized the van.

The thing is, are we sure these weren't just clickbait? In the articles does it say they argued with each other or did they just mention the exchange with the staff?
I don't think so---here's why-----

Why would this woman remember this couple, if nothing unusual happened? The restaurant has confirmed they were there that day, as the witness claims.

So why would they remember this couple if they had just quietly eaten their meal and left?

I doubt his parents would even think of that. Maybe they assumed that if she were with other vanlifers she could keep going. We just don’t know what he told them and we don’t know how much they do or do not know about that kind of thing.

He’s obviously a good liar.

His parents would have to fail to consider that a van (specifically the one that was prepared for a monetized adventure) is an essential part of van life and accept that she is the type to take up spontaneous travel with strangers to continue a blog. Those are too many hurdles for me to accept this theory.

As far as van registration, per FBI Denver Twitter post:

FBI Denver
@FBIDenver

Ms. Petito is 5’5”, 110 pounds, has long blonde hair, blue eyes & visible tattoos on her hand & forearm. She & her boyfriend were driving a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a variety of stickers on the back. The van is registered to Ms. Petito with Florida plate QFTG03.

5:28 PM · Sep 16, 2021·Hootsuite Inc.

I once had a volatile boyfriend when I was about Gabby's age. He used to make a scene at restaurants or parties. He'd send food back, argue about the bill, etc.

It made me cry, even before he had his arguments with waiters because I would be arguing with him that 'it's not a big deal, please chill out. '

I think it's possible she was crying because he was getting angry, about to make a scene and she was sick and tired by his volatile behaviour. It is exhausting.

Maybe, but bet LE and maybe FBI told them to stay mum. I am just trying to figure out what could have happened. Seven years on and off. No one but Rose saw major issues, and not their first trip cross country...why was this one different...

It would take the parents out of the equation as far as all this suspicion being put on them now. They can't even walk to the mailbox without ending up in the papers. They are getting yelled at by strangers as being " dirty laundrie."
They somewhat 'self-villainized' as another poster succinctly put it.
All they had to do was to turn him in and allow LE to speak with him.
Not that difficult.
A young lady who had lived with them and was engaged to their son vanished under disturbing circumstances; and they would not return the Petito's calls frantic with worry ?
It's mind-boggling.
Imo.

I think it's possible she was crying because he was getting angry, about to make a scene and she was sick and tired by his volatile behaviour. It is exhausting.
Old Boyfriend tended to be picky in stores/restaurants not too bad but when we went to a furniture store he said it looked like they weren't open...and I told him they are, but they are all hiding under the furniture because they saw you pull in. jmo

They wouldn't be the first dissatisfied customers. Google reviews of Merry Piglets show some common themes (expensive, very small portions - but a really odd custom of offering 2 for 1 items, and then automatically adding 18% to the check - which is apparently in small print on the menu). $4 side of rice and beans gets you one small plastic cup (the kind usually used for salad dressing), one of each item.

Jackson's restaurants know they will never see most customers again - ever. And the one place in Jackson that I think locals eat is not next to the quaint town square, not touristed, has a basic coffee shop menu.

So, I can get being dissatisfied. But going in and out 4X to intensely (and apparently quietly) complain to various staff is not normal. Gabby cried and was embarrassed, so perhaps she knew this meant he was, once again, losing his temper.
ugh, I'd probably argue with them too, if I'd ordered 2 for one and they added a hidden charge. lol

But I can assure you I wouldn't have come back 4x to continue ranting and my hubby wouldn't have gone in crying to apologise. That<<<is the stuff that makes it an extreme situation/ JMO

Nothing she said was backed up by evidence--it is strictly her opinion based on a video of two of people she has not met and knows nothing about. Using her credentials to back a story like that is...irresponsible.

It's too bad they don't have some place they could move to. I find the situation of these protesters to be disgusting. They are low level humans with some apparent sense of entitlement.
Do you suggest they go into hiding like Brian? This protest is peaceful and lawful.

Hmm. Some anonymous source who supposedly works for the software company that the Ft DeSoto campground uses speculated (word is quoted from above) that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug 31. Wow. That's convincing! Did the anonymous software guy happen to mention why it appears BL arrived on Sept 1 not Aug 31?

I'm not persuaded the Laundries knew of his arrival in advance. They may have but this isn't convincing.
JMO

Maybe BL called her. He was on the road at the time heading home; that we know. But if he did, on what phone? LE likely knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel