Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The writer of the article is not an amateur, however. She's been working in the arena of sexual assault, serial killers, victimology, profiling.... her entire career. She is very likely sensitive to details that may seem peripheral to amateurs. Furthermore, she already had enough to form an opinion just from the Moab incident. I have no doubt she's considering a whole picture and not just one detail or another. IMO

The person who gave opinions isn't the author of the article. These are the comments attributed to her, I'll let everyone decide for themselves how much expertise is really being offered here, bolding mine:
  • ...the argument between fugitive Brian Laundry and Gabby Petito that witnesses observed at a Wyoming restaurant on Aug. 27 may be the key to Petito's tragic fate. "The restaurant incident … is the second and most important,"
  • ...the other significant incident, indicative of serious problems in their relationship and danger in Laundrie's actions, was the domestic dispute called in on Aug. 12 in Moab, Utah."How she has to apologize for his behavior is something that's kind of characteristic, and this probably enrages him even more because he wants to appear in a certain way,"
  • The restaurant incident, Burgess said, was "on the day or very close to the day that she is murdered,"

When/if there is a grand jury hearing for a murder indictment I suspect the Laundries will be called to testify (including Cassie and her husband). If they attempt to plead the 5th I suspect they will given limited immunity to compel their testimony.

Since she was murdered in WY and the grand jury would be convened there, would the Laundrie crew go to WY or would it be zoomed?

if you do not believe that BL killed GP, is there another killer menacing the Teton area camp sites? Other victims?
I am not convinced, yet, that they were always alone. I have a hard time believing Gabby stayed that whole week in SLC all by herself. And then again while Brian "hiked".

And Brian was a little odd when asked if they knew anyone in Utah that Gabby could stay with. MOO!

Maybe friends, maybe fellow travelers, maybe someone(s) else. No idea who and no proof at all of this wild idea, but phone records would help support or rule it out, I think.

A creep following them around is also possible, but the chance of that is the MOST remote possibility, to me.

Just all strange. MOO.

I don't think it matters if it was between GP and BL initially. The issue is HIS anger. He is volatile. When a volatile person is angry he takes it out on everyone close to home.

If she went in crying and apologising to the staff, then she was not 'on the same side' of the issue with BL. She recognised he was being out of line.

When I say that I think Brian's jealousy might be why he killed her that implies he had an anger problem.

Yes, I have a feeling they took the van because Gabby was a missing person and the van 'might be a part of a crime', and then they got the search warrant 4 days later so they could (legally) access the van and its contents.

I think they felt the need to grab that van as quickly as they could.
It appears there were two search warrants - one for the van on 9/14/21 and one specifically for the hard drive on 9/15/21.

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie

Maybe LE was able to seize the van on probable cause...the van itself may contain evidence of a crime.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine (state.fl.us)
(d) The officer has probable cause to believe that the vehicle is itself evidence that tends to show that a crime has been committed or that the vehicle contains evidence, which cannot readily be removed, which tends to show that a crime has been committed;

IANAL but I don't think police can immediately get access to a missing adult's bank account. I think it would have to wait until they had more evidence of a possible crime. If an adult has just voluntarily disappeared, that is their right and the police can't immediately pry into their personal accounts. JMO
Have we read or been told that only Gabby's name was on these cards?
Was either of her parents attached to any of these cards? Have we been told?

As an example, I have four daughters and on each of their accounts is their name, but my name is also on there. Sometimes to float them money, or god forbid something tragic was to happen to them I have access to that account.

As for my credit cards, I have attached their names to different credit cards I have so they can earn a higher credit score.

I don't think we've been told yet if a parent(s) name was also on an account.

If there was a parent or parents they would have immediate access to transactions on that account.

Actually, I don't think she did remember them. Iirc, it was her boyfriend, who supposedly has a really good memory for faces, who remembered. I just read the quotes from her again today, and was again suprised that she didn't remember them from the incident until her boyfriend did. jmo

My interpretation is that she definitely recalled an incident with a young couple at Merry Piglets in which the man was being a pain. Probably worth a story to her friends about how some couple nearly ruined their meal.
But Gabby wasn’t missing yet, to public knowledge. At Merry Piglets, she was at Merry Piglets. So still alive, not missing or dead yet, her face and Brian’s were not publicly known.
After Gabby and Brian were publicized in the media, the boyfriend said he was racking his brain, why were those faces familiar? Then he remembered, oh that was the couple where the boyfriend was making trouble when we were at Merry Piglets the other day!
Then they notified law enforcement.
IMO

I don't think it matters if it was between GP and BL initially. The issue is HIS anger. He is volatile. When a volatile person is angry he takes it out on everyone close to home.

If she went in crying and apologising to the staff, then she was not 'on the same side' of the issue with BL. She recognised he was being out of line.
Yes, and he did not like that which made him angry with her. I know my husband really got mad at me when I apologized for him once.

hmmm...

you're making me think here...

I just finished reading the article somebody just posted in this thread about Rose and her experiences with GP and BL.

According to the article, Rose states that, BL didn't want GP to have friends: 'I'm her only friend in Florida to my knowledge and that's not because she can't make friends, he just didn't want her to have friends,' she said.
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

When a youtube channel gets big, it gets haters and...lovers.

I think they met on some sort of friendship app, but she does say they spent a lot of time together including when Gabby wanted a place to stay when they [Gabby and Brian] were arguing.

I wondered about this myself. But then again we're talking about Florida.

It rains almost every afternoon, often thunderstorms, but they are usually very brief to the point that they don’t really interfere with most outdoor activities for very long.

My family in Florida not only are they used to it but they expected to happen everyday.

** Other posters have said that DeSoto storms were very limited from the 1st to the 3rd not anything that would inhibit the camping.

Yeah, FL weather does involve rain. Almost daily. But the link I posted is for weather records going back years for places all over the world. Not forecasts. Records of past weather. Hourly records. And while posters said Ida wasn't an issue, I don't remember people saying local thunderstorms weren't. Regardless, I'd think a site that tracks weather all over the world is better than someone who lives "kind of" "sort of" near Ft DeSoto. And that site shows heavy rain, wind, and thunderstorms all day September 1. That had to be forecast by Aug 31 when RL cancelled the campsite.
JMO

i've always wondered why they didn't verify that she was not in the home...but also, the missing person report listed her mother's address as her current address, and the laundrie's address as previous address...imo and iirc, this was done because they were not allowed to file a report out of state...maybe because the laundrie's address was listed as previous address, they could not physically verify that she was not there...idk...moo

This clarifies several things. I’m glad you mentioned it. First it explains why when Gabby’s mother asked Florida LE to get on the case to find her daughter, they initially refused - she had to get someone in NY state to do it. She stated this at a press conference- how grateful she was to that person for getting the ball rolling. Now I understand why FL LE would not start it.

It sounds like although Gabby had lived with the family in Florida for some time - she kept her permanent address with her Mom in NY. This may also shed light on her living situation with the family in Florida - not sure how much.

My interpretation is that she definitely recalled an incident with a young couple at Merry Piglets in which the man was being a pain. Probably worth a story to her friends about how some couple nearly ruined their meal.
But Gabby wasn’t missing yet, to public knowledge. At Merry Piglets, she was at Merry Piglets. So still alive, not missing or dead yet, her face and Brian’s were not publicly known.
After Gabby and Brian were publicized in the media, the boyfriend said he was racking his brain, why were those faces familiar? Then he remembered, oh that was the couple where the boyfriend was making trouble when we were at Merry Piglets the other day!
Then they notified law enforcement.
IMO

that was my impression as well...that both she and her boyfriend remembered the incident, but the boyfriend was the one who recognized BL when they learned about this case...

Never before seen footage of Gabby’s Petito’s moments with Brian Laundrie at Zion National Park on July 18, 2021
Login • Instagram
It always surprises me the things that will really get to me. The artist touching up the butterfly wings with paint yesterday, and this today. They just look like any other young couple...

It is my understanding the police were simply handed a business card for their lawyer. Neither they, or Brian answered ANY questions.

Sep 11th
"Brian Laundrie's family stated that the subject <Gabby> was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts. They refused to allow Brian to speak with law enforcement and directed the officers on scene to speak with their attorney."

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie

What puts doubt in my mind about him trying to formulate an alibi for himself is that he didn't have the lady he hitchhiked with take him directly to the van. Why would it matter if GP had been found already, or if the police were there when they pulled up? That lady he was riding with only could have served to support his alibi, which is supposedly why he was doing it to begin with. And he didn't contact authorities when he got back to the van, either.

Why would he be so adamant about telling these people who he was, about GP's vlog and van, etc., but then after taking all these steps to be seen and heard, suddenly decided not to follow through? To negate all his executed alibi plans and flee instead?

I'm not saying he couldn't have changed his mind. He very well might have freaked out once back to the crime scene area. But I just don't understand it and I'm not willing to marry myself to the alibi idea yet. Jmo.

This is why I wonder about him being mean and leaving GP back at the campground (or unlocked van) without her phone or keys. She would have missed her arrangements with Rose on the 29th, as well. GP would be justifiably upset and maybe THAT'S why BL didn't want to be dropped off directly at the van. And yes, I know...but NOBODY saw GP at the campground for two whole days? Maybe not. Or maybe they did and haven't gone public with it. Or maybe GP was scared of anyone knowing she was alone and vulnerable. Or maybe she was camping on the other side of the creek out of view. We don't know. But I'm willing to stay open- minded about the events between the 27th - 30th. The answers are in there somewhere.
If he had just left her in the campground, she could have easily found help and a phone to use. And people would have said they saw here there, crying and stranded.

He did leave her there, but she was deceased, imo.

@katydid23 Bam!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members