Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that situation was incredibly unusual as well. I do wonder how the FBI perceives these people and their "help."

MOO: There was a surge of activity in the Reserve because the rains and waters subsided, allowing for a better search, and also because clear signs that someone was in there. They found someone but he was not BL.

I thought that situation was incredibly unusual as well. I do wonder how the FBI perceives these people and their "help."

MOO: There was a surge of activity in the Reserve because the rains and waters subsided, allowing for a better search, and also because clear signs that someone was in there. They found someone but he was not BL.
Also in that article timeline
  • Aug. 23: Laundrie flies back to Utah to "rejoin Gabby;" the couple shared expenses and split the price of the flight.
I wasn't aware of this detail?

Is it important? Appears they shared everything.

The wife was in a separate vehicle, I believe a Jeep, driving behind her husband. That’s why you don’t hear them talking to each other. Perhaps they talk by phone or walkie talkie while driving and it was edited out.
JMO

EBM Adding a link where she tells about this. @Tiff23fr please remove if not allowed and my apologies if so.

Around 7:44

Thank you for this info.
I wasn't aware they had a separate vehicle, yes she may well have said it in there and obviously that would not be recorded by their vans dashcam. Makes sense.
Moo

Also in that article timeline
  • Aug. 23: Laundrie flies back to Utah to "rejoin Gabby;" the couple shared expenses and split the price of the flight.
I wasn't aware of this detail?
Well we had a lengthy discussion about it last night here..

I saw this today for the first time. Sorry if it's old news...

"Petito and Laundrie eat at the Merry Piglets Grill for dinner, with a manager saying the couple arrived on foot and did not have a van in the parking lot. The manager said she spoke to the couple extensively and multiple times during the meal, denying that the couple caused any commotion, but did not characterize the conversation further."

Gabby Petito Case: What We Know About Timeline of Events So Far
How many times when you eat out, does the manager speak to you at your table, extensively? There must have been some issue. If they were friends with the manager I could understand that, but I doubt that they had ever seen the manager in their short lives. It was the hostess or a waitstaffer that Brian was heckling. jmo eta...Brian was pulling a "Karen" and Gabby was embarrassed, to put it mildly.

Last edited:
That's crazy!

US Marshalls shouldn't be breaking into hotel rooms and dragging innocent people out into the hall in their underwear. A little sleuthing of the person listed as having rented the room might have told them he wasn't their guy.

I think this needs to be put into perspective. DV killers usually aren't a threat to the general public.

I almost wonder if this story is satirical or at least there are some artistic liberties taken? I know it's in the New Yorker...I don't know if they ever do satirical stories. It struck me as a little weird, but I hope it's generally true that the Marshalls are on the lookout too! MOO

I see a way around that. He can say he had permission to use the card and demonstrate past purchases where he can say he used it and this gives him the legal right to use it.

He can also say he thought she was alive when he used it, again, that is legal. Partners use and share cards all the time, par for the course. I think it would be difficult to make the charge stick.

I think they charged him only to give him a very different status.

Before he was charged anyone and their brother could help him "escape" and in fact harbor him. After the warrant went out all that changed, now it is illegal to help him.

Now also LE can get more agencies to help, more money for searches.

Not sure coroner can even say for absolute certain she could not have been alive when those cards were used. He would be on the stand if ever a trial

But I don't think the standard is "I can't think of anyone else who might have done it so he must be guilty" or "I've seen nothing in court to convince me he didn't do it so I guess he did.".

By the time the trial rolls around (if it does) I'm sure there will be lots of evidence we don't know about now. But some things mentioned here: his parents got a lawyer and didn't return calls, he might have had a bruise in a photo taken when camping at least a week after GP died, even that he used her credit card wouldn't convince me to vote guilty on murder. They'd have to have alot more.
JMO

not sure of what his motive could be, but IMHO, BL had opportunity to kill GP. Not convinced that anyone else even knew exactly where she was, IMO. Even with SM, their posts were too sporadic to trace, IMO.

I wonder if those Moab tapes would be allowed into evidence. Or if BL's defense (if he ever gets to trial) will strenuously argue that they not be included.

Perhaps they may not be deemed to be evidence of murder, and can be considered inflammatory?

Or if the defense will want them to be included because "Gabby almost got arrested for DV". Which could assist them in any 'self defense' answer to the charge.

Also, Gabby's friend Rose told the dailymail that Gabby admitted to her that she had slapped Brian, and that he pushed her after an argument over Gabby going out with Rose, and that Gabby was going to call Rose on her birthday AUGUST29th!......to meet up with them in Yellowstone.

Rose said Brian was jealous of their relationship. Could this have been the reason they were fighting? And not the incident at Merry Piglets?

I think there is enough circumstantial evidence out to convict him, and should spend the rest of his life in prison or hospital, but I still want to know WHY it happened. For him to take responsibility and admit what lead up to him losing control. Why didnt he try to get help if he could no longer control his emotions.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I lay in bed and i'll be awakened then i start to think. . . maybe it wasn't him, maybe he is dead and not hiding, maybe he died a while ago and his parents grieved in private, maybe the whole carlton preserve is a hoax. But ultimately, I think back to Moab, and that sweet face of GP, and how she said to the LE at 10:58 'it never happened before' and i can't figure out what "it" means. And how intimidating it must have felt to be sitting in a cruiser, with LE standing over her, explaining how BL gets frustrated with her. And yet BL got to be on equal footing at the van, chatting it up. So like you I just can't find anything in those moments of doubt to change my mind. JMO

It's funny how we all interpret the same footage so differently.

I saw LEO putting her in the van for 2 reasons:

1. They needed to separate her and BL. I think this is probably standard procedure when police pull over a vehicle with two people in. I've seen it done many times so they can see if their stories corroborate, but also as a duty of care incase one if the parties is afraid of the other and it gives them the chance to speak out when not next to the other person.
  2. The weather was hot. One of the officers even stated kindly to Gabby that they'd let her sit in the back of the van because it was air conditioned.
They spoke kindly to her, they checked she was alright, they asked about what happened and repeatedly asked if Brian had hit her. They gave her water, they checked her injuries.

I fail to see how she was treated unfairly (or worse than Brian) in any of the footage I've seen.

MOO

Last edited:
How much is a second hand car?
From a dodgy dealer?
For cash?
I agree. I hope LE has checked to make sure that when the Laundrie's recently purchased that used white camper, it wasn't purchased on the back of another vehicle. I think neighbors said the white camper showed up in the Laundrie driveway for the first time in early September (around the same time BL arrived in North Port).

If the camper WAS purchased on another vehicle, the Laundrie's may have received a signed off title from the previous owner. It would be very easy to either:
(1) take that signed off title and use it to trade that vehicle for another at some dodgy dealer and the Laundrie name would never be associated with the trade-in or the vehicle they acquired (which could then be given to BL), or
(2) give BL the signed off title AND the vehicle and allow him to drive off to his new future and use a new identity to register the vehicle as his own at a time of his choosing.

But I don't think the standard is "I can't think of anyone else who might have done it so he must be guilty" or "I've seen nothing in court to convince me he didn't do it so I guess he did.".

By the time the trial rolls around (if it does) I'm sure there will be lots of evidence we don't know about now. But some things mentioned here: his parents got a lawyer and didn't return calls, he might have had a bruise in a photo taken when camping at least a week after GP died, even that he used her credit card wouldn't convince me to vote guilty on murder. They'd have to have alot more.
JMO

That reminds me, remember this photo? I don't know if it's ever been proven or not proven that this was not BL.

Photo shows person who looks like Brian Laundrie walking Florida street

This shows a guy with his elbow wrapped up. It's not a tattoo, IMO, it's a wrap of some kind around his elbow, like it was wounded.
In the camping photo, it's the other (right) elbow area that is visible, showing swelling and maybe some bruising.

Think if you are a woman being strangled to death by a man sitting on you, and imagine you have your arms free to move. You might start by trying to dig his hands out of your neck, but he's pressing down too hard. So maybe next you push up on his elbows because that would be the next logical spot to try to get some leverage and relieve the pressure. So his elbow area might have taken quite a lot of physical fighting back from her. Just speculation. But if both of his elbow areas were swollen and wounded somehow, it would make sense that is how she was trying to stop him.
And if this guy is him, that would be evidence of both elbows wounded.

JMO

Attachments

• possible-laundrie-1.jpg
    possible-laundrie-1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 60
If my kid broke up with a SO, I’m not interested in talking to the parents. I stay out of it. I would not return such phone calls, until i talked to the kid and got some context.

But if that significant other lived in your house for a year, and you were the only females in the house, I imagine you may have formed enough of a bond that you would answer her parents' calls.

JMO. A girlfriend living with you would ostensibly be part of your household, not just someone who rings your doorbell from time to time.

Asking, not arguing.

Also, Gabby's friend Rose told the dailymail that Gabby admitted to her that she had slapped Brian, and that he pushed her after an argument over Gabby going out with Rose, and that Gabby was going to call Rose on her birthday AUGUST29th!......to meet up with them in Yellowstone.

Rose said Brian was jealous of their relationship. Could this have been the reason they were fighting? And not the incident at Merry Piglets?

I think there is enough circumstantial evidence out that already to convict him, and should spend the rest of his life in prison or hospital, but I still want to know WHY it happened. For him to take responsibility and admit what lead up to him losing control. Why didnt he try to get help if he could no longer control his emotions.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

I am only speaking of what may or may not be deemed admissible evidence in a court of law.
I am not speaking of whether BL is going to be found guilty.

Looking at what may happen (legally) in a court case is not a statement being made (here) about BL's guilt. It is simply a look at what might happen in a court case.

Hence my question, will or won't the Moab tapes be allowed as evidence in Gabby's murder?

It's funny how we all interpret the same footage so differently.

I saw LEO putting her in the van for 2 reasons:

1. They needed to separate her and NL. I think this is probably standard procedure when police pull over a vehicle with two people in. I've seen it done many times so they can see if their stories corroborate, but also as a duty of care incase one if the parties is afraid of the other and it gives them the chance to speak out when not next to the other person.
  2. The weather was hot. One of the officers even stated kindly to Gabby that they'd let her sit in the back of the van because it was air conditioned.
They spoke kindly to her, they checked she was alright, they asked about what happened and repeatedly asked if Brian had hit her. They gave her water, they checked her injuries.

I fail to see how she was treated unfairly (or worse than Brian) in any of the footage I've seen.

MOO
No, i am not saying that. I guess what i mean is she is sitting, they are leaned over into the cruiser in a dominant fashion. I do not think they did that intentionally, just adding that my perception if i was sitting there would to feel a bit peered down up. I don't think she was treated unfairly, despite my thoughts of red flags retrospectively.

I wonder if those Moab tapes would be allowed into evidence. Or if BL's defense (if he ever gets to trial) will strenuously argue that they not be included.

Perhaps they may not be deemed to be evidence of murder, and can be considered inflammatory?

Or if the defense will want them to be included because "Gabby almost got arrested for DV". Which could assist them in any 'self defense' answer to the charge.
I think the tapes will be allowed as evidence at trial. That's the purpose of LE wearing body cams because it adds to the transparency of LE. I think the 911 call from the witness who saw them fighting might also be allowed at trial. jmo

That reminds me, remember this photo? I don't know if it's ever been proven or not proven that this was not BL.

Photo shows person who looks like Brian Laundrie walking Florida street

This shows a guy with his elbow wrapped up. It's not a tattoo, IMO, it's a wrap of some kind around his elbow, like it was wounded.
In the camping photo, it's the other (right) elbow area that is visible, showing swelling and maybe some bruising.

Think if you are a woman being strangled to death by a man sitting on you, and imagine you have your arms free to move. You might start by trying to dig his hands out of your neck, but he's pressing down too hard. So maybe next you push up on his elbows because that would be the next logical spot to try to get some leverage and relieve the pressure. So his elbow area might have taken quite a lot of physical fighting back from her. Just speculation. But if both of his elbow areas were swollen and wounded somehow, it would make sense that is how she was trying to stop him.
And if this guy is him, that would be evidence of both elbows wounded.

JMO
Looks like a big tattoo on his left arm below t shirt sleeve. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members