Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that’s why I feel like all of those 911 calls to the L house were because of all heck breaking loose….something points to aggravating circumstances at that location …….IMO
Agreed. ^^^

Or, plans within plans within plans ?
Someone had to be concealed and soon ?
Or just an angry confrontation ?
Did anyone have reason to be afraid of Brian ?
Also, did anyone behave differently after Brian returned, or were there any activities outside of the norm ?
Many questions about this case.
Imo.

Last edited:
I can think of at least one reasonable possible explanation for BL’s parent’s behavior that doesn’t mean they have an utter disregard for GP’s family.

This is speculation only and NOT necessarily what I think happened. But it could have.

Let’s say BL arrives home, telling his parents he and GP broke up. He says they had a big fight, decided to end the relationship and the trip, and agreed he would drive back to Florida alone (because the van had to get back east somehow, it would be safer for BL to drive alone cross-country than GP, GP didn’t really like driving the van, and neither wanted to drive cross-country together). Possibly BL told his parents that GP had become friends with some other vanlife folks at the campground who offered to take her to the airport to return to NY, or maybe he told them that GP was planning to travel with her new friends for a few months and continue working on her vlog.

Maybe BL told his parents that he and GP decided to deal with getting the van and her belongings back to NY in a couple months, when they are both in a better place emotionally (or when GP returns from her travels).

Maybe BL’s parents know GP as a friendly free-spirit who works really hard at whatever she puts her mind to and as someone who makes good decisions. Her decision to fly home on her own or possibly continue on without BL, and his return home by himself with the van, could make sense.

Perhaps they had seen unhealthy interactions between GP and BL before, so were actually pleased the relationship was over.

If BL had no history of lying to his parents, they would have had no reason not to believe him if he arrived home with a reasonable-ish sounding story. If he was a “good kid” growing up, he might have earned the benefit of the doubt even if the story sounded a little off.

Let’s say BL also told his parents that GP was calling him over and over on his way home, wanting to talk about getting back together. He tells them he kept asking her to please leave him alone and give him space, but she wouldn’t stop calling, so he eventually blocked her number. He asks his parents not to answer if she calls them or tries to get in touch with him using their numbers.

BL’s parents, believing BL has just gone through a difficult break-up, try to distract him and keep his spirits up by doing fun things and giving him space to grieve.

After a while, BL’s parents get a call from GP’s parents. It’s reasonable to think they might tell BL, “That’s weird, GP’s parent is calling me.” I can imagine-

1) BL saying “Sorry she’s harassing you guys now too; I’ll deal with this,” taking the phone to another room, listening to and erasing the message, and possibly blocking GP’s parents numbers on his parent’s phone, or

2) BL saying “I’m sure it’s GP trying to get me to talk to her since I blocked her number, please don’t answer.” When BL’s parent sees that a message has been left on the phone, they give the phone to BL, thinking the message is probably from GP and not wanting to listen to a private message.

Either way, BL listens to the message and hears that GP’s parents are going to call the police. He deletes the message, tells his parents it was more pleasing from GP, and asks them to please block all numbers associated with her for a while. He makes plans to leave the next day and never tells his parents a thing.

I honestly believe that is probably what he told them had happened. What a psychopath!

Last edited:
I find this hard to swallow.

BL can 'say' whatever he wants...
Just because he says something... doesn't make it legal.
imo

also, the news release that accompanied the warrant/indictment, etc. specifically stated that the illegal activity occurred after the death of GP...obviously, the FBI has reason to believe she was deceased, or this wording wouldn't make sense...i feel like the actual evidence in this case may be similar to an iceberg...a very small portion is visible to the public, while the vast amount is hidden from our view...at least i hope this is the case...

BBM
It's important (for me) to know the source of the Aug 23 timeline above ^^ The article referred to does not cite any source for this date/timeline/information, therefore, I did some googling and found the source. It was a direct quote from the Laundrie's own attorney, Mr. Bert0lino. Folks can take that for what it's worth...

--
"To my knowledge Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses," Bertolino said."

Source: Brian Laundrie flew home to Florida during cross-country road trip with Gabby Petito to 'empty and close' storage unit: lawyer
bbm
Good find !
The green bolded says it all . ^^^

Especially from the families' lawyer. :rolleyes:
MOO.

Are you sure you’re responding to the right post? Because I have read and reread her post and it doesn’t even mention the Laundries, let alone them being called to testify against their son.

You are correct. I misread and it does say GP's parents, not BL's. The post said "If BL goes on trial, I'm betting GP's parents testify and the "gut feelings" of the jury will be they are telling the truth."

But in that case, I'm really not seeing a slam dunk case. GP's parents have given extensive press interviews-- said that they supported the van trip as well as the first trip west, that they had no concerns over the relationship (except for the nickname business from JP) No worries about GP living with the Laundries. While they could testify that they tried to text and call RL and BL for less than 24 hrs but got no answers, I don't see how that convicts BL of murder. Jurors likely would feel sympathy for them as we all do but that doesn't mean they'd vote guilty without more relevant evidence than failure to return phone calls.
JMO

Gabby did not have the luxury of being next to an ER to be examined. And we do not have the luxury of knowing the exact mechanism of death because the coroner declined to tell us. We do not know the hyoid was broken and we do not know the trachea was ruptured.

All we know is there was some kind of evidence of injury to the neck structures that would lead to a conclusion of manual strangulation. We don't know what that injury was. Fracture of the thyroid cartilage? Survivable. Bleeding into the deep soft tissue of the neck? Survivable. Over a period of hours, in the absence of medical examination and treatment, it is entirely possible that slow accumulation of edema or hematoma in the epiglottic region could lead to the death of an unassisted person. It is not, IMO, impossible that Gabby was injured but still alive when BL left.
That would have been checked carefully. While we don't know the specifics of all the tests done, it's unlikely anything would have been skipped.
When you have a decedent there will be indications of trauma that wouldn't have supported life. There's a number of tests that clarify if someone initially survived a strangulation incident.
In looking at this case, I reread what I could find and I don't see anything that indicates when she died, but the manner is manual strangulation.
If you want further reading on this, Death by Suffocation by Lazlo Buris explains the situation in more depth.

Agreed. ^^^

Or, plans within plans within plans ?
Someone had to be concealed and soon ?
Or just an angry confrontation ?
Did anyone have reason to be afraid of Brian ?
Also, did anyone behave differently after Brian returned or were there activities outside of the norm ?
Many questions about this case.
Imo.

i just feel…IMO…That the L family found out the truth and a butt whooping started and someone called 911 because my gosh…..what a mess ….JMO

also, the news release that accompanied the warrant/indictment, etc. specifically stated that the illegal activity occurred after the death of GP...obviously, the FBI has reason to believe she was deceased, or this wording wouldn't make sense...i feel like the actual evidence in this case may be similar to an iceberg...a very small portion is visible to the public, while the vast amount is hidden from our view...at least i hope this is the case...
I agree that LE may have a mountain of evidence.
I hope so as well.

Now, where is Brian ... or where has he been concealed ?
Imo.

I can think of at least one reasonable possible explanation for BL’s parent’s behavior that doesn’t mean they have an utter disregard for GP’s family.

This is speculation only and NOT necessarily what I think happened. But it could have.

Let’s say BL arrives home, telling his parents he and GP broke up. He says they had a big fight, decided to end the relationship and the trip, and agreed he would drive back to Florida alone (because the van had to get back east somehow, it would be safer for BL to drive alone cross-country than GP, GP didn’t really like driving the van, and neither wanted to drive cross-country together). Possibly BL told his parents that GP had become friends with some other vanlife folks at the campground who offered to take her to the airport to return to NY, or maybe he told them that GP was planning to travel with her new friends for a few months and continue working on her vlog.

Maybe BL told his parents that he and GP decided to deal with getting the van and her belongings back to NY in a couple months, when they are both in a better place emotionally (or when GP returns from her travels).

Maybe BL’s parents know GP as a friendly free-spirit who works really hard at whatever she puts her mind to and as someone who makes good decisions. Her decision to fly home on her own or possibly continue on without BL, and his return home by himself with the van, could make sense.

Perhaps they had seen unhealthy interactions between GP and BL before, so were actually pleased the relationship was over.

If BL had no history of lying to his parents, they would have had no reason not to believe him if he arrived home with a reasonable-ish sounding story. If he was a “good kid” growing up, he might have earned the benefit of the doubt even if the story sounded a little off.

Let’s say BL also told his parents that GP was calling him over and over on his way home, wanting to talk about getting back together. He tells them he kept asking her to please leave him alone and give him space, but she wouldn’t stop calling, so he eventually blocked her number. He asks his parents not to answer if she calls them or tries to get in touch with him using their numbers.

BL’s parents, believing BL has just gone through a difficult break-up, try to distract him and keep his spirits up by doing fun things and giving him space to grieve.

After a while, BL’s parents get a call from GP’s parents. It’s reasonable to think they might tell BL, “That’s weird, GP’s parent is calling me.” I can imagine-

1) BL saying “Sorry she’s harassing you guys now too; I’ll deal with this,” taking the phone to another room, listening to and erasing the message, and possibly blocking GP’s parents numbers on his parent’s phone, or

2) BL saying “I’m sure it’s GP trying to get me to talk to her since I blocked her number, please don’t answer.” When BL’s parent sees that a message has been left on the phone, they give the phone to BL, thinking the message is probably from GP and not wanting to listen to a private message.

Either way, BL listens to the message and hears that GP’s parents are going to call the police. He deletes the message, tells his parents it was more pleasing from GP, and asks them to please block all numbers associated with her for a while. He makes plans to leave the next day and never tells his parents a thing.

How would she (theoretically) continue a van life blog without her van?

You are correct. I misread and it does say GP's parents, not BL's. The post said "If BL goes on trial, I'm betting GP's parents testify and the "gut feelings" of the jury will be they are telling the truth."

But in that case, I'm really not seeing a slam dunk case. GP's parents have given extensive press interviews-- said that they supported the van trip as well as the first trip west, that they had no concerns over the relationship (except for the nickname business from JP) No worries about GP living with the Laundries. While they could testify that they tried to text and call RL and BL for less than 24 hrs but got no answers, I don't see how that convicts BL of murder. Jurors likely would feel sympathy for them as we all do but that doesn't mean they'd vote guilty without more relevant evidence than failure to return phone calls.
JMO
Though right now, a trial is a long ways in future, if ever, I do believe BL’s parents would be called to testify if there were a trial.

The reason I wonder is because evidence of previous behaviour is sometimes/often not allowed, as the incident (murder) is to be judged on its own.

For the same reason that previous crimes often cannot be spoken of in court, as they may influence the jury due to similar previous behaviour.

Previous behaviours are generally only considered during sentencing.

imo

But, if the defense is self-defense? I still think Brian will not want a trial and will accept ANY plea. I dont see him as a strong individual, not emotionally.

I agree.
Where should we start?
I'm warming more towards him being holed up warm and comfy somewhere in Florida.
I don't know what they are looking for in the swamp... there are many possibilities. Too many.
I think he's warm and comfy in Mexico and that's why they are holding off on charging him with murder. jmo

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

<modsnip>. I think BL killed Gabby.
In s court of law, it’s a whole other story. Certain evidence cannot be entered at times, and there is that reasonable doubt issue. BL is innocent until found guilty. The judge will likely make this clear that the assumption is that he is not guilty and it’s up to the Prosecuter to make a case with certain allowed info and it has to be beyond reasonable doubt

Last edited:
Where is the irresponsibility?
I don't see any. But there were other witnesses that can easily back up what she says. At the very least, we know Brian and Gabby were there, there was some kind of drama, and we do know that Brian was being aggressive. Probably won't find out much more than that until after he's apprehended and this goes to trial. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jurors likely would feel sympathy for them as we all do but that doesn't mean they'd vote guilty without more relevant evidence than failure to return phone calls.
JMO

SBM

Agreed. But that was then and this is now.

Now, there IS more evidence.

Gabby is dead.
Gabby is dead by manual strangulation.
Gabby is dead and her body was left quite near her van.
Gabby is dead in a park that she told her mother she was visiting, with Brian.
Brian came home with Gabby's van but not Gabby, because she is dead.
Brian is in the wind. Gabby is dead.

I mean really….If you had just gotten a big old fight with your parents about where are your ex girlfriend was and why are you home with her van and you got a in aa big fight with your parents , wouldn’t you you not like to just run away and not have to deal with anything ? seems the most logical thing to me

I mean really….If you had just gotten a big old fight with your parents about where are your ex girlfriend was and why are you home with her van and you got a in aa big fight with your parents , wouldn’t you you not like to just run away and not have to deal with anything ? seems the most logical thing to me

Instead they went camping together. Must be the parents were not too upset.

Not answering the other parent's phone calls is perplexing though. If not upset why not answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202