Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The circumstantial evidence alone is enough to indict him, though. But there's no point in indicting him now, for the killing, since he is a fugitive on the first indictment and if found will be arrested by any LE agency. Once he is nailed, he'll be indicted for the killing. jmo

In your opinion, sure. Factually, we do not know what, if any, evidence there is.

It isn’t a credit card, it is her debit card, so it accesses two accounts that contain her cash. Most likely checking and savings accounts. And the FBI does make it clear they believe that she was dead when this access happened. (The press release saying so has already been linked in a reply to you)
It says nothing of the sort. There is nothing in that press release that states that the FBI believes she was dead when credit card access happened. That is not what the document states. Again, it states that a grand jury approved a warrant, and that warrant is meant to look into BLs activities following her death. The charge related to unlawful use does not make any claims to her being alive or dead.

I am sorry now that I brought it up (again), but I did it to point out the absurdity of some of the scenarios (which I am still reading every day). Point is, if BL pushed Gabby and she somehow fell and died (strangled by rocks? Coroner Blue said evidence of thumbs...) or he thought she was not dead (partly strangled - died later, of which I can find only the one case posted here - and that was a self strangulation in an elderly man, where the pressure of his thumbs was in entirely different place than would be the case with someone else doing the strangling)...one could still charge BL with something. Pushing someone down onto the ground, hard enough to incapacitate them, is a felony. Person dies later from those injuries, it's still murder (we don't need the felony. murder rule for that).

Stealing the person's stuff (including money) and abandoning them at the side of a road (still alive) could be a felony though, as well. The van was worth about $12,000 and it was negligent to leave the van's owner stranded in a place like the one Gabby was found (temperatures alone made it a reckless or negligent thing to do...but a lot would depend on a jury's sense of things).

Sadly, I don't think we'll see murder charges (second or third degree or otherwise), until BL is found. Would hope to be proved wrong.
Wonder if BL was attempting to “steal” her phone and/or keys again…

This is in reference to the current warrant related to the unauthorized use of an access device. A future (or sealed) murder charge is very much on the table if they have enough evidence.
I just recall a discussion regarding the charge and I thought you stated that it couldn't be ruled out because we don't have all the evidence yet. I believe an example was used, possibly something about killing Gabby while trying to steal her cards.

Like I say I could have misunderstood.

Just saw the video of a supposed Brian sighting in FL from The Sun and I have to say I'm skeptical. With so many people looking for their 15 mins of fame and the unusually high prevalence of people who seem to think taking advantage of these situations to make fools out of us, I'd be surprised if this wasn't staged.
On the other hand, it's nice to see there are eyes open on the AT and focus other than the Carlton Reserve.

Why are people harassing the parents? Leave them alone, let the police handle it.
Answering the question in an IMO way. Because from the public facing evidence to date it is difficult to believe that the parents did not have some knowledge of what had occurred prior to the date LE showed up at their door for a well check on GP, and potentially some knowledge (if not outright assistance) of BL going on the run and at least his initial whereabouts.

BL is gone with the wind, but the parents are not. LE can only do so much (or strategically, perhaps are electing to only do so much) without jeopardizing the case or investigation, but the same rules do not apply to the public. And, the public wants them to speak. It's been more than a month. MOO IMO JMO Just answering your question.

The circumstantial evidence alone is enough to indict him, though. But there's no point in indicting him now, for the killing, since he is a fugitive on the first indictment and if found will be arrested by any LE agency. Once he is nailed, he'll be indicted for the killing. jmo
I think there is a sealed indictment. jmo

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Parents go on lengthy errand run in Florida: LIVE UPDATES

Chris and Roberta Laundrie spent about an hour at their local Walmart store just after it opened Tuesday morning, exiting with a shopping cart full of bottled water and other items.

They drove by an AT&T store – but it had not yet opened. Then went to a bank, standing outside the door until its business day began at 9 a.m.

After about 25 minutes inside, they hit the road again, dropping off a box at a nearby FedEx Office storefront.

Then they hopped on Interstate 75 and drove north before reaching another AT&T store in Sarasota.
A lot of interest in that ATT store.

I have been giving this some thought today. I think given the little we know about BL, think maybe his parents have a more pragmatic approach to the wherabouts or well being of their son.

We do not know the circumstances under which he left their property, and we do not know his state of mind. There are 3 options:
  • He is deceased by his own hand;
  • He is deceased by the hand of another; and
  • He is alive.
Obviously, any parent would prefer option three - but would that be at any price? It has been said that BL would not like to be locked up away from the outside elements on this board, and perhaps that is true. What would BL prefer? Alive - but kept in a prison cell for life? Or dead?

Perhaps the perceived lack of reaction from BLs parents is because they know their son, much, much better than we do.

I'm smiling because alligators don't have hands. But it could have been intentional self-harm, so fall under your #1. If not, then maybe add #4 - misadventure/accident in the great outdoors.

The first page is a press release announcing a warrant. the phrase "following her death" is not part of the charging documents that follow. it is part of the grand jury warrant that cites those charges and his activities following her death.

Again, the point is there is no evidence we have access to that has 8/30 as a cut-off date for her passing. The credit card charges do not mention her being dead, only the warrant that is filed later.
Yeah...I reluctantly agree. I leave the legalities to the lawyers and LE, but from what little information we know, I do feel there is an open window of time where her TOD could have occurred. Even if we do believe the debit card use from the warrant is after her death, we don't know what time on the 30th he used them, nor where. And the FBI still is asking for witnesses from SC between Aug. 27-30th.

The coroner report doesn't narrow it down well, either.

I mean, personally, I can't with any certainty narrow the TOD window more than between afternoon (after 2pm) Aug. 27 through afternoon/eve (before 9pm) Aug. 30. If BL left Spread Creek at 9pm MST on Aug. 30th and basically drove straight through, it would put him in North Port around 10am EST on Sept. 1st. I don't think he left that late, but I have no proof he didn't and am willing to accept that.

Imo, we can argue all day about how obvious it is BL killed her on this day or that, but there really isn't anything irrefutable to narrow it specifically... that the public has been given, at least. Jmo.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Parents go on lengthy errand run in Florida: LIVE UPDATES

Chris and Roberta Laundrie spent about an hour at their local Walmart store just after it opened Tuesday morning, exiting with a shopping cart full of bottled water and other items.

They drove by an AT&T store – but it had not yet opened. Then went to a bank, standing outside the door until its business day began at 9 a.m.

After about 25 minutes inside, they hit the road again, dropping off a box at a nearby FedEx Office storefront.

Then they hopped on Interstate 75 and drove north before reaching another AT&T store in Sarasota.

That water run...was this morning? Timestamp when I read it says "30 minutes ago" and says it's Tuesday. So this is them visiting WalMart and ATT again?

It looks like one of those websites where people can update their "reporting," so...could it be referring to the trip before BL went missing? I'm so confused.

I'm smiling because alligators don't have hands. But it could have been intentional self-harm, so fall under your #1. If not, then maybe add #4 - misadventure/accident in the great outdoors.
Good point! I will add it to my list!

I am glad someone here mentioned Gabby possibly using wifi at Merry Piglets. That might have lead to the confrontation between Brian and staff.

The one witness that has come forward said she thought they were asked to leave, and first thing she noticed was Gabby getting up crying and leaving. And I thought somewhere I read they only purchased a milk shake. Cant find the link.

This MIGHT explain why Brian continued to go back, and tried to negotiate something. Could they buy food, or something else? Restaurant might have said, no please leave you are only here to use our wifi. It would explain why restaurant is staying mum on the subject. And why Brian got mad.

I am adding to my own post.
IMO
Gabby was telling the truth about why they were arguing at Moab. The blog. To continue to shoot, look for beauty shots and b-roll, then edit and post is a lot of work. Gabby even worked on it with her father when she stayed at the Fairmont? Even though I can see the appeal of following live bloggers traveling across the USA, verses a blog that was completed and posted at once.

Get your production done at home, so much easier. Maob arguing about blog, and Merry Piglets indirectly, too?

That might have been the final argument.

Yeah...I reluctantly agree. I leave the legalities to the lawyers and LE, but from what little information we know, I do feel there is an open window of time where her TOD could have occurred. Even if we do believe the debit card use from the warrant is after her death, we don't know what time on the 30th he used them, nor where. And the FBI still is asking for witnesses from SC between Aug. 27-30th.

The coroner report doesn't narrow it down well, either.

I mean, personally, I can't with any certainty narrow the TOD window more than between afternoon (after 2pm) Aug. 27 - afternoon/eve (before 9pm) Aug. 30. If BL left Spread Creek at 9pm MST on Aug. 30th and basically drove straight through, it would put him in North Port around 10am EST on Sept. 1st. I don't think he left that late, but I have no proof he didn't and am willing to accept that.

Imo, we can argue all day about how obvious it is BL killed her on this day or that, but there really isn't anything irrefutable to narrow it specifically... that the public has been given, at least. Jmo.
Then let's be fair to each other. One side must prove she was deceased and the other side must prove she was alive. :D jmo

That water run...was this morning? Timestamp when I read it says "30 minutes ago" and says it's Tuesday. So this is them visiting WalMart and ATT again?

It looks like one of those websites where people can update their "reporting," so...could it be referring to the trip before BL went missing? I'm so confused.
I am just amazed that anyone is interested in their day to day lives - just what does it achieve?

I am adding to my own post.
IMO
Gabby was telling the truth about why they were arguing at Moab. The blog. To continue to shoot, look for beauty shots and b-roll, then edit and post is a lot of work. Gabby even worked on it with her father when she stayed at the Fairmont? Even though I can see the appeal of following live bloggers traveling across the USA, verses a blog that was completed and posted at once.

Get your production done at home, so much easier. Maob arguing about blog, and Merry Piglets indirectly, too?

That might have been the final argument.
That may have been why she was crying so. Poor thing. Jmo

The article says it was published on October 19, 2021 and last updated 34 minutes ago. And today is Tuesday, October 19, so it seems this was this errand run was this morning. JMO

I don't understand how the fact that people need to go to the store is shocking or news. I also don't understand how this sort of reporting is useful to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela