Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the guy who the marshals showed up for in the hotel room, was he the guy who Dennis Davis said he saw on the appalachian trail, who he thought was BL 99.99? If so I’m glad that the marshals took the sighting seriously and followed up, this shows us they’re not just searching the preserve and are looking at other possibilities. MOO

excellent observation - this looks like a typical one story concrete block house with attic stair access - all the duct work for me is in the attic and you can stand up - you can also install an attic fan which helps in the summer with AC - while it is possible he could have been hiding at some point I just do not think he is there still - I believe, if alive, he has made his way to NY.
JMO
There was a similar case, i believe it was on television recently, where after a house had been checked for a perpetrator, and a neighbor who happened to be in LE was jogging and noted the 'pitch' in the roof and discovered a cubby. Have they ever brought scent dogs into the Laundrie home?

Wouldn't the Marshals already have been involved, when the federal warrant was issued?
They typically only pursue major drug and violent crime fugitives so I bet they've been on it since at least the the autopsy report was filed 10/5. My guess now, with this new info, is that there was a sealed indictment issued then.

I am so baffled why it reopened last week for like a day and then closed back down... I can only guess there is evidence in there that they are trying to search for and not him. Others walking around could help them search for him but may hinder them locating any evidence. MOO.

Storming the room of Severin Beckwith says a few things to me. They aren't sure if Brian is alive or dead, nor do they really know where he could be in general.

I don't think they are closing in on BL anytime soon.
I think it's actually great news even if they didn't grab him this time. It means there is a national dedicated fugitive team searching now with international reach.

What did fox do? I know several networks are paying to get a story by renting lawns to get click material but fox is not one of them.

Sure hope that bias and network wars are not going to create an issue.
You’ll hear no more from me about it.

Carlton Reserve looks quiet on both sides (Venice and North Port) this morning. I'll go live from the Laundrie house this afternoon.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1450117075654127625

Storming the room of Severin Beckwith says a few things to me. They aren't sure if Brian is alive or dead, nor do they really know where he could be in general.

I don't think they are closing in on BL anytime soon.

So you believe these Marshall's are just randomly wasting their time on this case? They didn't randomly pick this guy for no reason. They knew something that made them believe he was BL, hence why they asked him to shave his beard to confirm it wasn't him. I don't believe we should be questioning their tactics and plan at all. jmo

Article Quote:
Asked whether he believes Laundrie's parents are helping him, DePaul says: "I think Brian's parents did help him. Gabby lived in Florida with them, they got engaged, he shows up in the van without her. What does he tell his parents? 'So we broke up, I left her out there I just decided to drive the van back home and, you know, let's go camping. It just doesn't make sense."

THIS. Just so this. It's what 90% of us have been speculating all along. I truly hope justice is brought forward in this case....for ALL involved person(s).

Phone purchased shortly BEFORE his return, vs purchased on Sept 4. Two different phones. One burner, second one later with provider ATT. Am I reading this right? So, FBI has both phones? jmo
I don't want to get too excited but if BL purchased a burner on his trip east, and FBI has it, lots of information about contacting parents to be gained. Somehow, I think this must be mistaken, unless they know that he purchased a phone, maybe with G's card? And it's been reported to them? And surveillance footage? Like maybe from Benton, Il? speculating here. JMO

I don't want to get too excited but if BL purchased a burner on his trip east, and FBI has it, lots of information about contacting parents to be gained. Somehow, I think this must be mistaken, unless they know that he purchased a phone, maybe with G's card? And it's been reported to them? And surveillance footage? Like maybe from Benton, Il? speculating here. JMO

I read the original post with links to mean that the news source had CORRECTED their timeline to say that the phone—one single phone—had been purchased Sep 4 in FL, as opposed to earlier while en route to FL…

So you believe these Marshall's are just randomly wasting their time on this case? They didn't randomly pick this guy for no reason. They knew something that made them believe he was BL, hence why they asked him to shave his beard to confirm it wasn't him. I don't believe we should be questioning their tactics and plan at all. jmo
What?! Is this accurate? Shave the beard? That’s nuts. This has got to be wrong?

What?! Is this accurate? Shave the beard? That’s nuts. This has got to be wrong?

My interpretation is that they suggested he shave his beard (since it was making people think he was BL) which he did voluntarily. Not that they forced him to. MOO

Edit - from the New Yorker article

The marshals fingerprinted Beckwith (“They had to use our hotel Wi-Fi password,” Beckwith said, “because they were having trouble with their Bluetooth fingerprint thing”) and suggested that he shave his beard—which he did but “immediately regretted,” he said, “because I have much less of a chin than Laundrie does.” They told the couple that they now had a good story to tell. Then they left.

Bounty Hunting for Brian Laundrie in a Land of Look-Alikes

I could imagine them joking with him saying something about shaving the beard but not necessarily directing him do to that. Doubt they expected him to do it... but honestly probably smart of him to do so! Even with a little chin :)

Goodness, I do feel for the NOT BRIAN'S! Glad the Marshall's are on it though. I did a double take on a dude walking down the sidewalk on a highway that goes right through my city in SC this past Friday. Yes, I also have to resist the urge to stop beside rural roads and poke trash bags with sticks in case there a body in there :rolleyes:, so yall don't mind me, I watch entirely too much True Crime. Please let today be the day BL is found!! Justice for Gabby!!

I don't think they were wasting time at all. I believe they thought the lead was credible, and I can see why they believed it was.

I am just saying that in the general scope of the search, they are ambushing someone on the Appalachian Trail at the same time they are searching a Florida swamp with cadaver dogs. To me, this says they are still following up on leads individually, rather than honing in on a particular area. They could still catch him this way if they get a good lead, but the scope of the search is still very wide.

Last edited:
I think they already had figured out he wasn't BL before they suggested that he shave his beard. I think the suggestion was made to prevent this happening to him over and over and presumably to save the resources that they use tracking down false alarms.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members