Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow they really need to clear up when Brian and his mother bought the phone. If it was bought on Sept 14th, than that is proof that Brian was still with his parents AFTER the car was ditched in the reserve. If it was Sept 4th, than that may mean that Brian fled right after returning from the Fort De Soto camping trip. DTBH did state that 3 went into Fort De Soto and 2 came out, perhaps Brian took off from Fort De Soto?

Dbm accidental dupe incl

Phone purchased shortly BEFORE his return, vs purchased on Sept 4. Two different phones. One burner, second one later with provider ATT. Am I reading this right? So, FBI has both phones? jmo

JMO. I don’t think so. Last week We were ask questions about part 1 of above. Was it accurate info or editorial error, etc? today I checked in on the time line(part 2 of above) and it seems to be updated to reflect the info that we have been working with

Last edited:
I think they already had figured out he wasn't BL before they suggested that he shave his beard. I think the suggestion was made to prevent this happening to him over and over and presumably to save the resources that they use tracking down false alarms.

JMO

that makes sense… this would be funny if it weren’t so serious. ‘Hey, could you please shave your beard? Hoping it might cut down on the stares, whispers, and outright false reports being made in your direction for a while…’

I think if I were a guy who resembled BL I would shave off my facial hair and stay away from the Appalachian Trail.

Brian Laundrie lookalike ambushed by US Marshals
No kidding!!
Article Quote:
Asked whether he believes Laundrie's parents are helping him, DePaul says: "I think Brian's parents did help him. Gabby lived in Florida with them, they got engaged, he shows up in the van without her. What does he tell his parents? 'So we broke up, I left her out there I just decided to drive the van back home and, you know, let's go camping. It just doesn't make sense."

THIS. Just so this. It's what 90% of us have been speculating all along. I truly hope justice is brought forward in this case....for ALL involved person(s).

Skipping a lot off dots here. I don’t think it’s that simple. With many adult kids, I know that break ups happen, they can be painful snd dangerous, and it’s often best to just stay out of. A break up with Gabby would have been a difficult event even at it’s best. They’d known each other for a long time ans were committed to a life time not long ago. That’s the insidious horror about this. It would have never occurred to me that the SO was just left or worse. I might not know whose name was on the van. I’d give it some time.

Also, the Laundrie parents seem to be toeing the legal line. MOO: Cant see them aiding their son in this. They aren’t that wealthy and hired a lawyer, doing as told in this long shot he’d get away with it, …he’s way better off facing the music for this one. The parents have good advice snd they are pragmatic. Makes no sense to me

Somehow they really need to clear up when Brian and his mother bought the phone. If it was bought on Sept 14th, than that is proof that Brian was still with his parents AFTER the car was ditched in the reserve. If it was Sept 4th, than that may mean that Brian fled right after returning from the Fort De Soto camping trip. DTBH did state that 3 went into Fort De Soto and 2 came out, perhaps Brian took off from Fort De Soto?
m sure FBI has it straight exactly when it was bought.

No kidding!!

Skipping a lot off dots here. I don’t think it’s that simple. With many adult kids, I know that break ups happen, they can be painful snd dangerous, and it’s often best to just stay out of. A break up with Gabby would have been a difficult event even at it’s best. They’d known each other for a long time ans were committed to a life time not long ago. That’s the insidious horror about this. It would have never occurred to me that the SO was just left or worse. I might not know whose name was on the van. I’d give it some time.

Also, the Laundrie parents seem to be toeing the legal line. MOO: Cant see them aiding their son in this. They aren’t that wealthy and hired a lawyer, doing as told in this long shot he’d get away with it, …he’s way better off facing the music for this one. The parents have good advice snd they are pragmatic. Makes no sense to me

Also, as to the story BL might have given his parents, I doubt it was "So we broke up, I left her out there I just decided to drive the van back home"... I think if he was lying anyway, he would say "We broke up and she took off with Rose...or some other guy...or flew home to NY" really anything but "and I left her out there" MOO

I think we need to realize that not everyone thinks the same way about helping someone who committed a crime. For instance: my sister-in-law said that if her daughter was to kill her husband (the son-in-law), she would definitely help her get away. She said "that's my daughter. I have to protect her." I don't understand loyalty like that but apparently there are people who think that way..

According to this article, the Marshals zeroed in on the Not Brian L guy in NY from a tip:

While speaking with the New Yorker, Beckwith explained that the U.S. Marshals Service agents touched the side of his head and noticed "a notch in the upper part of my inner ear just like [Brian's]." Beckwith also told the magazine that he and Brettmann booked their room with a New York ID "which, I guess, was good enough motive to come in," he said, as Petito was originally from New York.

Beckwith recalled to the magazine that an employee at the Fontana Lake marina acted concerned when he tried to use the telephone. According to the New Yorker, the employee also took Beckwith's picture while he was waiting for a shuttle and provided it to authorities, who showed it to Beckwith when they ambushed his room.

Dbm accidental dupe incl

@meatandcookies to the rescue, again! Thank you

JMO. I don’t think so. Last week We were ask questions about part 1 of above. Was it accurate info or editorial error, etc? today I checked in on the time line(part 2 of above) and it seems to be updated to reflect the info that we have been working with
Thanks for clearing that up! jmo

According to this article, the Marshals zeroed in on the Not Brian L guy in NY from a tip:

While speaking with the New Yorker, Beckwith explained that the U.S. Marshals Service agents touched the side of his head and noticed "a notch in the upper part of my inner ear just like [Brian's]." Beckwith also told the magazine that he and Brettmann booked their room with a New York ID "which, I guess, was good enough motive to come in," he said, as Petito was originally from New York.

Beckwith recalled to the magazine that an employee at the Fontana Lake marina acted concerned when he tried to use the telephone. According to the New Yorker, the employee also took Beckwith's picture while he was waiting for a shuttle and provided it to authorities, who showed it to Beckwith when they ambushed his room.
Hope they atleast comped him a beer afterwords. But kudos to the fbi for following up!!!

I think too 100 percent he is alive. I agree east coast, maybe right under everyone's nose. The best place to hide a book is a library. JMO>

Nicely put.

In Edgar Allan Poe’s story “The Purloined Letter,” a disastrous letter from the queen’s lover is being hidden, to be used for blackmail. After the queen’s courtiers tear up the suspect’s home with magnifying glasses and cutting behind wallpaper, under carpets, piercing chair legs etc, Poe’s detective takes a different tack. He decided it’s hidden in plain sight and it is; the letter is there but placed in a different envelope.

I’m not sure he’s alive. If he is alive I don’t know if he’s hiding remotely or in a large population.

But “right under your nose” is a time-honored way to hide when you can blend in rather than stand out. JMO.

If they thought that guy was him, they all need to take a forensic human identification course, specifically for living people.

I think they got a tip and didn't get a good look at him - and I wonder how many more men this will happen to. I am definitely questioning their tactics and give them low grades in being able to match BL to another living human. Eye sockets/eye shape are very different, just for starters. Eye brow shape is different too.

If the Marshals believe that BL is plucking his eyebrows (or could be shaving his facial hair), then they are going to find a big world of Brian look-alikes. Brian has a different ear shape (top part of the ear). They must also believe Brian is using a beard grooming tool, as the facial hair on the "suspect" is also different. The angle of the lower jaw is different - with BL having the more unusual shape (narrowing into a very different shape of chin - BL's chin is also statistically less common than the type of chin the other guy has). I usually start students with nose shape (the two men have different noses; BL's projects much further and has a wider base and nostril area is wider too: BL's nose is also less straight - has a bit of a bump). We really do have catalogues, language and stats for this in anthropology.

This man didn't have the tattoos. I'd like to think that Marshals wouldn't draw guns for this initial contact, until they had a chance to at least verify that. I guess that's not SOP for them, though. Scary.

The Marshals apparently thought this man was BL in part because his CC data traced back to NY. So that means they think that BL could have assumed another identity (and found a woman to stay with him in his room). What a wild ride this is going to be...

And if. that other gentleman is reading: your chin is much more pleasant to my eye than BL's, so no worries about losing the beard....

1/2) It appears to be quiet today at the Carlton Reserve in the search for Brian Laundrie, so I asked
@NorthPortPolice
for an update. "This is an active and ongoing case headed by the FBI," said PIO Josh Taylor.

(2/2) Taylor added, "Since the FBI is the lead, we will not be providing daily updates and details on the search. If and when something of substance is found, we will be a part of that conversation at that time."
https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1450136161834385415?s=20

Nicely put.

In Edgar Allan Poe’s story “The Purloined Letter,” a disastrous letter from the queen’s lover is being hidden, to be used for blackmail. After the queen’s courtiers tear up the suspect’s home with magnifying glasses and cutting behind wallpaper, under carpets, piercing chair legs etc, Poe’s detective takes a different tack. He decided it’s hidden in plain sight and it is; the letter is there but placed in a different envelope.

I’m not sure he’s alive. If he is alive I don’t know if he’s hiding remotely or in a large population.

But “right under your nose” is a time-honored way to hide when you can blend in rather than stand out. JMO.

I have changed my mind so often about where he is or whether or not he is alive, I don't know what I think anymore. But if he has somewhat of a supply of money, I think he could easily be hiding out in some random populated area. If he went somewhere where he has no known ties, maybe to some college town that has a constant influx of young strangers, he could easily blend in. To me he has very ordinary looks, and with covid masks and colder weather clothing, I don't think anyone would notice. MOO

If they thought that guy was him, they all need to take a forensic human identification course, specifically for living people.

I think they got a tip and didn't get a good look at him - and I wonder how many more men this will happen to. I am definitely questioning their tactics and give them low grades in being able to match BL to another living human. Eye sockets/eye shape are very different, just for starters. Eye brow shape is different too.

If the Marshals believe that BL is plucking his eyebrows (or could be shaving his facial hair), then they are going to find a big world of Brian look-alikes. Brian has a different ear shape (top part of the ear). They must also believe Brian is using a beard grooming tool, as the facial hair on the "suspect" is also different. The angle of the lower jaw is different - with BL having the more unusual shape (narrowing into a very different shape of chin - BL's chin is also statistically less common than the type of chin the other guy has). I usually start students with nose shape (the two men have different noses; BL's projects much further and has a wider base and nostril area is wider too: BL's nose is also less straight - has a bit of a bump). We really do have catalogues, language and stats for this in anthropology.

This man didn't have the tattoos. I'd like to think that Marshals wouldn't draw guns for this initial contact, until they had a chance to at least verify that. I guess that's not SOP for them, though. Scary.

The Marshals apparently thought this man was BL in part because his CC data traced back to NY. So that means they think that BL could have assumed another identity (and found a woman to stay with him in his room). What a wild ride this is going to be...

And if. that other gentleman is reading: your chin is much more pleasant to my eye than BL's, so no worries about losing the beard....
HA I think he made the chin comment, not that he's chinless, but that BL's chin protrudes. jmo

No they asked him to shave his beard and said he instantly regretted it because he has a small chin...

He doesn't, though. He has an average sized chin with no pointiness. Brian actually has a larger chin (which is something he cannot change) and his jaw angles down (is pointed towards) to his chin, and his chin has a larger boney projection.

However, Marshals probably ought not to focus on chins - but on noses and ears, as they are visible regardless of facial hair. BL also has significantly downward sloping eyes, due to a particular type of eyelid and to the socket shape (his eyes also have more overhang from the brow bone...)

I do understand that the Marshals were going from just a snapshot - but boy, there are people who look way more like BL out there, and it looks as if the area (AT) is playing a role as well. Since it was said early on that BL might have gone there, they must be getting quite a few false sightings in that area.

BL is very likely not in the AT area at this point. IMO.

No kidding!!

It still doesn't explain why BL parents would ignore pleas from GP parents about the location of both GP and BL early on. Instead they ignored and lawyered up themselves as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay