Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be a search warrant but it surely is not an interview. His lawyer would be there in that case. It could be because of the trespassers but they would have dispersed that crowd right away. But wouldn't a search warrant involve more agents with boxes, cameras, all sorts of stuff. Would they stop by to provide an update on the investigation? Maybe. Hopefully we'll know soon enough.

And here’s the downside to an out of state lawyer!

Kinda thrown that his family would let the officers in to presumably speak to them without an attorney present after making every statement though their attorney.

eta: I guess an attorney may be present but that seems like something a reporter would’ve commented on seeing. People have been camped out in front of the house all day and have said it was quiet to the point no one believed they were even home.
If the attorney is a family friend like theorized, maybe he's staying in a guest bedroom? Who knows.

Yeah. I know. The protest didn’t come onto their property at all. They were in the street. But I guess that’s another subject. I could better understand coming out with a gun of a mob of people were on my driveway or lawn screaming at one of my relatives. I mean these people aren’t passing by. They’re congregating on someone’s lawn and driveway, yelling and carrying on. Bizarre!

WORSE THAN THAT!
This tweet shows that the protesters blocked the driveway, preventing the unmarked police van from even getting in.

https://twitter.com/_taylorbostwick/status/1439001862569668609

I was starting to wonder this as well. I find it odd that we have yet to hear from any friends or acquaintances they may have made on this trip. Many people I know that backpack, hike & do the van thing meet & interact with people along the way, maybe have breakfast or grab coffee with them. It also reminds me of an abusive relationship I was in, where it was just the two of us all the time, and the more time we spent together, the more we isolated ourselves, and argued, and the more toxic it became.

There was a guy/another traveler who met them around the 10th (I think) of August. He said they were both really cool and friendly people and Brian gave him an extra skateboard he had.

Very reminiscent of the protesters at the Anthony house all those years ago….
And the jugglers and basically pseudo carnival barkers at the Teri Shiavo rest home, and at the home of her husband. I don't care a bit about this demonstration today. What did the family expect by thumbing their noses at the possible death of a young woman their future DIL. I wouldn't attend, but these festivities are inevitable.

Kinda thrown that his family would let the officers in to presumably speak to them without an attorney present after making every statement though their attorney.
I thought that too for a minute, but most likely they knew the police were coming. Maybe there were phone conversations? But since they let the police in instead of handing them a card for their lawyer, I'm thinking it's a safe bet they were expecting the cops.

Just jumping on to say if you have Youtube search Fox13 Utah.....they are carrying a live stream from Florida at the house sorry if this has been told already

So if Brian is inside and he has injuries like everyone has been speculating and the officers witness those injuries, but are there for another purpose, can those injuries be used as evidence in court?
Asking because I'm curious.

Sorry what injuries are being speculated about? I missed that.

Keeping up as much as possible through all threads and have a few questions please.

Has anything been said about what Gabby’s parents knew about him flying home for those days, if he was supposed to be coming back or not and why she was staying in a hotel? It sounded like her parents weren’t even aware her things had been moved.

Is it confirmed she was in a hotel all of the nights he was gone and not staying in the van, and then was last seen on camera checking out with him after he returned?

Also, the legality of his phone records. What can they access without his consent or in the current situation - texts, calls, gps? Or nothing?

All of my thoughts are with her poor family. I can’t fathom living this nightmare and the one person who was supposed to keep her safe is silent and being protected. The thoughts of him possibly IMO doing just what he threatened and she was clearly terrified of - taking her phone and van and leaving her. Or worse. I keep having to backspace. Poor Gabby.

Anyone else think LE entered the home to get a deal and, getting none, let Moab LE know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668