Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, SB and his questionable comments are all purposeful....to get the attention that he craves. IMO, he is reading here, as well as across social media. He knows how he is viewed! He thrives for this attention.
Similar to Jose Baez, who was a wannabe talking head lawyer. Epic failure for Baez, and most likely SB as well.
Famous in your own mind. The legal profession at large is most likely laughing at this guy, IMO

IMO, I don't think that we know they aren't insulated as much as CaL. It could be that the the only thing they know is that BL came home without GP and asked for a lawyer, so they arranged for one. They may not know anything else. Or it could be true that they know everything. We just don't know.
My gut and experience tells me they did not know "nothing." MOO. By illustration only, not fact, I would have protected the parents by removing them from the equation immediately. If they know nothing, there can be no jeopardy or exposure. JMO He is a lawyer. Doesn't matter where he went to school or what area he practices in most, he still had to pass the bar exam. He possess enough rational analytical skills to know (or should know) intuitively what the scenarios are for what will happen 10 steps ahead. Why would you not remove them from from situation? Because perhaps because he couldn't. This is only an opinion. Not fact.

Finally, something I know something about.

Yes, it is almost always the case that the public right-of-way extends from the center of the street out 20-30 feet, which means a big chunk of most front yards are part of the public right of way, even though they are owned by the homeowner. Some municipalities prohibit the placement of sinage on a public ROW, but in municipalities that don't, you can put signs anywhere you want on the ROW, including in peoples' front yards.

My city (and I know this from being involved in local politics), does not allow sinage on the public right of way EXCEPT for political campaign sinage. It is still not smart to put your favorite city council candidate's sign in someone's front yard without permission, because the owner will make it disappear, but it's technically illegal to remove the signs -- even though homeowners (and business owners) do it all the time.
Also, homeowner typically is required to maintain the ROW, which may include removal of unauthorized signage. Our HOA also prohibits signage other than specific types such as real estate sales,

They were in Walmart for a hot minute right? They could have done a cashier’s check in Walmart. There’s a full money center in there - where… now that I think about it… you can also send money relatively undetected (Walmart to Walmart or money gram) but that’s a whole other conversation but interesting nonetheless haha!

Whatever they do in public could be calculated. Most likely it's not what it appears to be or they wouldn't be so obvious. IMO.

I would also be worried about vigilantes who just want their 15 minutes of fame. I would imagine there is a LE presence wherever they go, either openly or hidden, so maybe they feel protected. With all of the speculation regarding the drone video over the garden, they could be hoping that if they leave the house for a long period of time, LE will attempt to gain access to the backyard without a sufficient warrant. One slight screw up could derail the whole prosecution and maybe they are trying to give LE every opportunity to mess up. At this point, only a legal technicality or investigative misstep could save BL. IMO.

At some point they have to return to the public, I guess now's a good time because if anyone touches them it's likely recorded. Then they can just start filing suit after suit, probably more than cover their lawyer at this point.

Anything that arrives via US Postal Service is illegal to be opened by anyone other that the addressee. In fact, technically, even though you have to buy and mount the mailbox, it technically is the property of the USPS (probably so that it is also against the law to remove someone else’s mail). I would imagine that opening some other person’s packages that are delivered by UPS, Fedex, etc must also be against the law.

With UPS & Fedex, FBI would need warrants to do business with them legally. They both are not government entities. jmo

And again, I would venture to say “torture” is not the best wording for 2 adults safely at home while the young woman who lived with them has been cremated. HER parents are tortured. JMO.
Torture is also what I would call ghosting the frantic parents of a missing child that your son came home without. Jmo

At some point they have to return to the public, I guess now's a good time because if anyone touches them it's likely recorded. Then they can just start filing suit after suit, probably more than cover their lawyer at this point.

Yes good point. They are probably looking for any reason to claim that they are victims rather than active participants in assisting someone on the run. IMO.

Sharing this info (with permission from OP) that has come up in the thread for another case. If you rewatch Moab stops, this may provide an interesting filter through which to consider BL mannerisms. IMO

DUPING DELIGHT

Duping delight is a particular micro expression a person will display that betrays a sense of enjoyment they are getting out of controlling and deceiving another person. It is a very important expression to watch out for in catching dishonesty in a person. In fact it is a form of body language pretty much exclusively reserved for pathological character types such as psychopaths.

The phrase was coined by the psychologist and body language expert, Dr Paul Eckman, and was defined by him as “the pleasure we get over having someone else in our control and being able to manipulate them”.

Duping delight most often manifests as a grin or a smirk which will flash across a person’s face, and is usually completely inappropriate to the situation or the topic that is being spoken about. The psychopath is either about to lie, or is lying to someone and they are believing it, and the smirk is a leaked expression of pleasure that they are getting away with it.
So what he is saying, that people who are nervous, uncomfortable, and/or insecure are basically psychopaths. That's pretty scary.

FWIW the lawyer's success or failure is based on keeping his clients out of jail, it isn't a beauty contest.

Indubitably. Not a beauty contest. Maybe, though, a version of a popularity contest, in that future clients will be attracted or repelled by a lawyer's reputation.

If Brian is found alive and SB keeps him out of prison, that will be good for SB. Put him up there with Johnnie Cochran and José Baez, who accomplished this feat. But IMO he has already allowed the reputation of the family to be so tarnished that I can’t see a future recovery, no matter the outcome. He should not be group representing the three Laundries when two of them are not in the same boat as the third. It should be Lawyer 101 as there are cross-purposes involved.

Even if Brian is located, tried and found not guilty, the parents’ business may very well suffer. They have customers, too. Their reputation is probably irreparable at this point. A good lawyer would have steered the parents in a more sympathetic direction. And a GOOD lawyer would never go on record as making these belittling remarks in public.

In an area like mine where there are a plethora of lawyers competing for those big bucks, I would never hire him. Not even if he gets Brian off. I don’t think he’s done this family any favors.

Just. My. Opinion.

So what he is saying, that people who are nervous, uncomfortable, and/or insecure are basically psychopaths. That's pretty scary.
No. He is saying that some people are very deceptive and they enjoy that deceitfulness. When they are being disingenuous they have a certain smirk/smile at inappropriate times. They take pleasure in being duplicitous.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member